Game Preorder or Special Edition Bonuses

Emphasis

Nov 12, 2009
I was checking my emails and this popped in from EB games AU.. An email relating to this:

http://callofduty-black-ops.ebgames.com.au/

Personally, that bar fridge looks awesome, even though I'm not really into V energy drink.
My question to you: What is the best bonus item that comes with a preordered game or special edition? It can be real or virtual ie. themes/in game content etc.

I was also planning on getting the Zombrex Edition of Dead Rising 2, for the awesome syringe pen, which I'd use at school, but it'll cost $19 AUS more and doesn't seem worth it..

Thoughts?

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
The vinyl record and packaging of the Bioshock 2 CE was very nice and also the memory stick that came with Starcraft 2 is the coolest looking memory stick I've ever seen.

Emphasis

Nov 12, 2009
Yeah memory sticks are another thing that usually are included.. I remember a steampunk inspiried one costing over $1000

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
I got the Bobblehead from Fallout 3 bobbing away on my desk. Got an almond tree from 1404AD growing as well.

In general, I love "making-of"s and anything that's just nice to have, like the memory stick from SC2, or the compass that I also got from 1404AD ;)

Ingame items on the other hand aren't really anything that gets me to buy a game, I like to have something physical to handle and play with outside the game.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Typically, something nice that you can actually display, or books.

The best I ever got was the concept art book from the Warhammer MMO. I only played for a month or so, but I still have that book, an d look at it often. Great artwork.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
<insert obligatory standard rant about how back in the day a lot of games actually came with half these things packed in with the normal version, including figurines and book-length manuals/guides and cloth world maps etc. and you should all get off my lawn>

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Ehh, I go for Collector's Editions for some things--depending on if I like the series or not.
I have the obligatory WoW sets, SC II, Warhammer, CoH/COV et al.

Alternately, I also have on my desk the stuffed Grunty from the .hack//SIGN ColEd from (it seems) a decade ago. *shrugs* So, yeah, if I like the subject, I get the set. I'm a materialistic whore like that.

*petpets Grunty*

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Something that has a real life use is always great like the SC2 CE having a 2GB memory stick with the original game + expansion on it or the WoW: WOTLK CE having a mousemat. (Blizzard seems pretty good at these CE's, don't they?)