Game Rage Stories

Kieran Chakravorty

Sep 6, 2010
I've had my gamerage issues over the years, Bayonetta and NHL being the worst offenders (controllers thrown, 3 keyboards physically broken and a wall cracked). I was reminded of this while trying to complete the final fight of the latest Mortal Kombat with a friend of mine, and getting rather angry in the process (albeit all with good humor). It did get to a point where we decided to just perform fatalities to make ourselves feel less inferior.

Just wondered if anyone had any stories to share regarding your more frustrating moments gaming. Any amusing/scary stories welcome!

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
I played Call of Duty once, using the basic rifle to own sniper is apparently enough to make people rage quit.

Multiplayer just plain sucks though, but that's pretty basic rage on my end...I mean yeah sure of they were in the same room as me they would probably have been incinerated, but nothing major I promise. Then again, there's too many hackers and glitchers in the FPS world to make any multiplayer/PvP based game worth my time.

Now, for the PvE, Amnesia was particularly scary. I tried playing it with the lights off and late at night with a surround sound headset...sometimes I can still see those things...in the dark...

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
I recently left my new game++ character in Demon's Souls on a separate console. I had planned on doing a perfect run without any deaths and minimal grass eating. Joined the tutorial, downed it without any issues and even got past 1-1 in under five minutes. At that point, I decided to disconnect from PSN since world 1-2 was a common raiding spot.

Finally, I grasped view of the rolling hills in all their wonder from the bridge. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about the dragon that spews fire on anything touching his bridge. No big deal. Continuing forth, I made it to the second post. Upon killing the archers, I noticed "XxPwnerxX has invaded your world"...

I could've sworn that I disabled my internet connection. Yet for some reason, PSN felt obliged to sign me in automatically anyways. Now I had to think quickly!

I ran quickly to the underpass and made my way down a obscured area under the bridge, ready to introduce my sword to whoever's intestinal track that decided to stand in my way. Sure enough, he comes frolicking down the stairs into my sword. *SURPISE BACKSTAB!*, the screams and moans of my enemy had echoed the triumphant song of victory. But wait a second... What? That only took away 10% of his health? What?!

Fought I still did with courage and valor, for he wasn't near a worthy opponent for me, regarding his use of that stupid regeneration shield and dagger spamming. "He was dagger spamming for a reason!", I shouted to myself angrily. Each of his daggers were plagued, poisoned, and some other bullfockery that couldn't possibly be good for me. Luckily, I had some spare newmoon grass on my that I picked up from saving that pansy of a knight earlier.

Nearly killing him twice, I'm finally finished and beaten by some asshole that was at least 200 soul levels above and didn't even feel the need to provide a fair fight. He then sends me this message...

"OMG u got pwn lololololololol"

- Some asshole

All my tears, all my tears!

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
TF2, scouts. Particularly this one guy who could dodge everything I threw at him, killed me and my friends over and over again. Then one of us looked at his hours. "2376" devoted to TF2.

After that it just became a game of who could actually kill him, I got him once and just screamed over TS and the server "HA, you can't pull your bullshit ALL the time *****!".

#fray theyleon if you're out there, go to hell you legendary bastard for choosing to play on pubs.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Brink. I needn't say anymore than that. But if I need to:

"Hey, Medic! I'm right here..to your left...no, your other - THAT'S WALKING FUCKING BACKWARDS!" And don't even get me started on how the AI and map design makes the two sniper rifles in the game COMPLETELY USELESS.

Kieran Chakravorty

Sep 6, 2010
Alexnader - Fucking TF2 was a pain, fun in he early days though. Jeez thats alot of hours to dedicate to a game! I thought 100-150 hours in Dragon Age 2 was bad...

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Pyramid. Oh my holy god above! PYRAMID!

MOTHER! FUCKING! WALL WHORE!!!

QUIT SPAMMING YOUR FUCKING TAILS, AND USE YOUR GOD DAMN CLAWS!!

[HEADING=2]GOD DAMN WALL WHORING XENOS!![/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!![/HEADING]

*Sizzle*

AVP has gotten my blood pressure up plenty of times.

Kieran Chakravorty

Sep 6, 2010
The Apothecarry said:
Brink. I needn't say anymore than that. But if I need to:

"Hey, Medic! I'm right here..to your left...no, your other - THAT'S WALKING FUCKING BACKWARDS!" And don't even get me started on how the AI and map design makes the two sniper rifles in the game COMPLETELY USELESS.
Sweet pic and name dude.

Yer that is true. SMG's sorta rule the day unless you go heavy. LMAO with the medic bit, that is damn annoying. At least I havent had my corpse teabagged yet, that counts for something I guess. The AI is on staggering levels of stupidity. WHY do they ALL go for the GOD DAMN command posts?!

Kieran Chakravorty

Sep 6, 2010
CG NUTS said:
god of war challenge of the gods
I've heard thats seriously bad for Gamerage, I have to test this myself. Bayonetta has to me my most frustrating of all time. I just do combos, dont die and STILL get a stone award? fuck that. Screw it. That got traded in. Quickly.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
I recently got brothers in arms in a steam sale, I don't think I've ever shouted bullshit at a game so much before.

The friendly AI kept acting completely braindead by sometimes either not taking cover or by taking cover ON THE WRONG SIDE and getting slaughtered. Then there was also the enemies with their bullshit aim when my allies' and my guns couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

mcattack92

Feb 2, 2011
Multiplayer shooters where players with snipers make the most stupitist across map no scope shots and calim that they are not using aimbots. That really pisses me off.

mcattack92

Feb 2, 2011
voorhees123 said:
Oh and any war FPS where you throw a grenade or other explosive and it clips the window frame/wall and bounces back at you. Even though your cross hairs are not near the wall.
Way too often that hapens to me, especially on CoD. I accidently team killed 4 people in one shot with it by accident on a hardcore server.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Fucking dow 2 online, back when chaos rising first came out. me and this guy had 6 tanks and a few marines between us pounding the chaos forces, then the chaos player spawns a greater deamon of nurgle.

it killed all the marines and all 6 tanks in the space of 1 minute. and then went on to destroy our bases.

1 fucking unit with no backup.

i went nuts (so did the other guy) and didnt end up playing dow2 again for about 8 months.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Also

ninja motherfucking gaiden 2

i actually ripped out hair playing that game.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
fallout new vegas go throug the game trying to get hardcore trophy and then the game freezes for a sec i beat the game no trophy.
fallout 3 same sitation get to last level then BAM all my saves just gone every single one of them.

went out for the night and slept over at a friends for fear of what i would do to my Ps3

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
I recently got Bad Company 2, and have been playing as an engineer. I use the mouse wheel to switch weapons, and they go Pistol, Rifle, RPG, Repair Tool. So when im in a firefight with a vehicle, and have to repair it, I get out and quickly switch. A number of times ive just accidentaly RPG'd my own teams vehicle. I tend to log out of the server after that.

MisterMaster

May 27, 2011
Trying to beat Metal Slug 5 without dying.. then I die near the end.

Naturally I go ape on the arcade.