Game series you'd like to see continued via kickstarter

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
Melon Hunter said:
Age of Empires. It was a travesty that Ensemble Studios were shut down; they made some damn fine RTSes back in the day.
This! I loved AoE 1 and 2.

Also, Jazz Jackrabbit. The first game I remember avidly playing as a child.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Okay, If I'm limited to things that are doable with Kickstarter, then the following:

Mutant League.
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Earthworm Jim
Double Dragon
Chakan the Forever Man
Eternal Champions

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The Saboteur 2!
Love the first game, and was excited for the sequel(iirc the game ended with a hint towards one). Got really disappointed when I heard Pandemic Studios had gotten shut down.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
*Red Dead Redemption: PC Exclusive.
*Baldur's Gate 3.
*Serious Sam 2.5 (The series should have stayed silly).
*Goldeneye 2.
*Neverwinter Nights 3.
*Bubsy Bobcat 4 (Bring it back to it's 2D sidescrolling roots as a casual flash game).
*Dungeon Siege 4 (But more like DS 1).
*Remake all the FF games as 2D RPGs like FF1-6.
*Silent Hill Revamp: (Give it to a totally different studio, redo everything after SH3).

Feb 28, 2008
Oddworld series. i.e., the RTS "Hand of Odd", another side-scrolling adventure involving Abe (seriously just update the graphics and that is it...).

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
DanielBrown said:
The Saboteur 2!
Love the first game, and was excited for the sequel(iirc the game ended with a hint towards one). Got really disappointed when I heard Pandemic Studios had gotten shut down.
I loved The Saboteur and would love to see a sequel.

Another game I would like to see would be Star Wars Battlefront 3, seriously, the first and second one were amazing, I played them like all the time until I bought a 360.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Psychonauts 2.

Isn't that what Double Fine was saying in the first place? I have no doubt whatever they make could be good, and I'm not against point and clicks (Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People was a good one for Homestar Runner fans) but I would've much preferred a Psychonauts sequel instead of a point and click.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Got a new one, Vampire the Masquerade, I loved Blood lines and I'd be happy to see a new WOD game.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I'd personally love to see a Psychonauts sequel as well as some returns to the Chrono and Lunar series.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
A new Jet Force Gemini. It's by Rare so it's impossible, but no-one said it had to be realistic.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
Jade Empire. I loved this game, but it would have to be an Obsidian sequel (one they're not forced to rush out a la KotOR: the Sith Lords). I don't trust Bioware with EA now.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I guess I'd like to see a Dark Cloud 3 if it kept the same style and stuff as 2 had but with some improvements to the battle system to make it less "block until the opponent is done attacking"

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
CplDustov said:
The "The Longest Journey/Dreamfall" franchise. yes yes yes yes yes
Ooooooooh yeah, I like this idea. Let's do this. All of this. Do it, do it, do it, do it.

Davidm4

Aug 4, 2011
Magic & Mayhem 3 and a new Populous. I'm sure they would do better now if advertising was focused on multiplayer.

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
-Sequels to the Strike series. I'm talking about Desert Strike, Nuclear Strike, Soviet Strike, etc. Those games kicked so much ass & considering these days, I don't why you couldn't make a game about using a highly modified helicopter to blow shit up be an awesome game these days. Not to mention the PS1 games had some of the best FMV I saw from the era, using a mix of actors, high-speed "data streams" & stock footage galore.

-Freedom Fighters. Probably one of the best squad-based 3rd person shooters I played. I'll even put it some respects better than SOCOM on PS2. Simple, easy to use squad control with open-ended levels where what you did in one area affected another? I would love to see that again.

-Sequels to Def Jam series of games. Is it bad to say I liked that series? Rappers duking it out in the streets to bangin jams? Hell yeah.