Game soundtracks: what's good?

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Guilty Gear... all that game's music is made of win.
I second this. Guilty Gear has pretty much the most awesome soundtrack for a game, ever.

Bureacreative

May 9, 2009
Morrowind's is sooooooo nice. It's got 5 or 6 different tracks of sorts, so you're not stuck listening to an endless loop

Patricius

Nov 25, 2009
Kingdom Hearts II, for sure. The tracks always make me very emotional (Namely, the ending version of Sanctuary, and Dearly Beloved). Okami had amazing tunes, as well.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I have spent days with the Portal soundtrack on random (on YouTube, I am praying for the day I can buy the Orange Box OST). Oddly enough, as much as I love Still Alive, it's not my favorite.

are my two favorites, I also love the remix done by Victims of Science, The Device has Been Modified. (There's another great remix out there, of Android Hell and You Can't Escape, You Know.)

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Stubbs the Zombie. Covers of 50s tracks from modern day indie bands.

Anything from the Katamari games. In the same vein, anything from either Jet Grind Radio or Jet Set Radio Future is a safe bet. All games involved have some extremely varied tracks.

The last two Splinter Cell games have also had some really good soundtracks, both done by professional electronic musicians.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
All the Sonic games for the Genesis had amazing music, in my opinion, 16 bit or not.
Anything by Nobuo Uematsu, even though I don't really like JRPGs any more.
Mass Effect 1 & 2 have some great tracks, too.

ToxinArrow

Jun 13, 2009
C&C, Total Annihilation, Morrowind/Oblivion, Company of Heroes, Universe at War, Killing Floor.

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
Chrono Cross had a few gems, I also liked the Starcraft tunes. Silent Hill as others have mentioned. Saboteur had a few neat songs.

SkullCap

Nov 10, 2009
Killer Instinct-Main Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPSzGVCPH0&feature=related

Killer Instinct-Sabrewulf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCAK3bwOGx0&feature=related

Those are just a couple.

Let's not forget the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Always thought that the original Battlefield music was great, always ,makes me remember that game and all the great times I had on it, and some of the Dawn of War stuff is good too. dont blame me...i like orchestral stuff....

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
I haven't played Silent Hill 2, so if I had to say, (don't kill me for this) Halo 3 ODST. But only if you like soft rock and/or piano.