Game Theory: FNAF 4 Got It All Wrong!

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
FNAF 4 Got It All Wrong!

FNAF 4 is here and this time I'm ready! I had originally planned for this episode to come out before FNAF 4 was released, but you can always count on Scott Cawthon to ruin all my plans... Either way, as soon as I started to see what this game was about in the trailers, I knew I had to come in and set the record straight. This episode is all about the evidence in the game that points straight toward the Bite of 87, as well as how the Bite of 87 itself makes FNAF 4 absolutely IMPOSSIBLE! Happy you guys didn't have to wait for weeks for this one--enjoy! :)

Watch Video

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
You do realize Cawthon is just fucking with you guys now, right?
He saw all the fan theories and BS What-If scenarios and just decided to Marvel Comics this shit! Now there is no central stories, characters come and go as he pleases and there is no singular established timeline.

All because people thought he was totally in this to tell a deep, meaningful story.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Silentpony said:
You do realize Cawthon is just fucking with you guys now, right?
He saw all the fan theories and BS What-If scenarios and just decided to Marvel Comics this shit! Now there is no central stories, characters come and go as he pleases and there is no singular established timeline.

All because people thought he was totally in this to tell a deep, meaningful story.
I'm surprised this video was re uploaded here after some weeks ago this video was debunked by a new Game Theory already on youtube that FNAF will never end.

As for the story.... Eh.... whether or not the story will ever make sense is at a point it doesn't matter me. Some of the fan fiction is either more or less interesting or more creepy.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
RatGouf said:
Silentpony said:
I'm surprised this video was re uploaded here after some weeks ago this video was debunked by a new Game Theory already on youtube that FNAF will never end.

As for the story.... Eh.... whether or not the story will ever make sense is at a point it doesn't matter me. Some of the fan fiction is either more or less interesting or more creepy.
But my point wasn't that FNAF won't ever end. That much is obvious. My point is why it won't ever end.
I never got the feeling playing FNAF 1&2 that Cawthon had any intention in having a running, clear narrative between all the games. Even the basic idea that FNAF2 is a prequel seemed pulled out of his ass after he completed the game. Like he just needed another bullet-point on the Steam page so he just added '-Its a Prequel!(kinda'. Don't mind the character errors and timeline lapses)' and people just accepted it as canon despite the fact the game is structured to be a sequel.

And with FNAF 3 and FNAF 4 its clear he's just doing what he wants(which he's 100% entitled to do) and the whole story teasers and hidden messages he adds not because its part of the story, but because he knows it generates Tweets and YouTube videos. Like he just adds the numbers 8 and 7 to a screen shot and boom! 30+ YouTube videos and hundreds of Tweets advertising his game for him!

Its genius, actually. He gets people to sell his game for him by pretending to have a singular story.
Very clever.

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
Eh. I'm pretty sure Scott has an actual story in mind. The idea that it's just fucking with the audience is a little silly to me. I also think that part 4 is open to interpretation to it's nature as a long dream sequence. There's more than one way to interpret things, but that doesn't mean there IS no canon.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Silentpony said:
But my point wasn't that FNAF won't ever end. That much is obvious. My point is why it won't ever end.
I never got the feeling playing FNAF 1&2 that Cawthon had any intention in having a running, clear narrative between all the games. Even the basic idea that FNAF2 is a prequel seemed pulled out of his ass after he completed the game. Like he just needed another bullet-point on the Steam page so he just added '-Its a Prequel!(kinda'. Don't mind the character errors and timeline lapses)' and people just accepted it as canon despite the fact the game is structured to be a sequel.

And with FNAF 3 and FNAF 4 its clear he's just doing what he wants(which he's 100% entitled to do) and the whole story teasers and hidden messages he adds not because its part of the story, but because he knows it generates Tweets and YouTube videos. Like he just adds the numbers 8 and 7 to a screen shot and boom! 30+ YouTube videos and hundreds of Tweets advertising his game for him!

Its genius, actually. He gets people to sell his game for him by pretending to have a singular story.
Very clever.
I wouldn't exactly call Prequels After Final Events (so far) smart. If the order that FNAF games happens in is 4, 2, 1, & 3 then 3 is ultimately the FNAF Game that brings the closest thing to closure. So all FNAF 4 does is raise questions where we might already have relief from the conclusion(s) from FNAF 3.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
SomethingWorse said:
Eh. I'm pretty sure Scott has an actual story in mind. The idea that it's just fucking with the audience is a little silly to me. I also think that part 4 is open to interpretation to it's nature as a long dream sequence. There's more than one way to interpret things, but that doesn't mean there IS no canon.
But isn't that a distinction without a difference? I mean whats the practical difference between a canon with no right answers as to what's going on, and a haphazard 'canon' that's just random events?
Game Theory makes the point: there can't be a singular canon that involves all the events that take place taking place. If its all open to interpretation, that kinda' lets Cawthon off the hook for not having an established story.

Personally I think its more respectful to say he never intended an singular story rather than having to ignore whole points of the games, passively implying that Cawthon isn't that good of a writer, in order for the games to flow.

Tasasoria

Jul 17, 2015
Silentpony said:
RatGouf said:
Silentpony said:

Very clever.
To me it did seem like it had a narrative. It did not have a clear narrative per say, but it did have a narrative like a mystery fiction. The game created questions and it offered clues. If Scott had no intention of having a narrative then he would of not wasted his time on the newspapers in FNAF 1 which was the ground work of the questions. FNAF 2 gave clues to questions from the first game. FNAF 3 on the other hand gave clues to what happened to the purple man and talked about the first anamatronics. While FNAF 4 showed the first spring locks (first anamatronics). All in all it was good world (fast food franchise) building.

Also how is FNAF 2 something that he pulled from his ass? What character errors are you talking about and what do you mean by time line lapses (between FNAF 1 and 2)? Also how is the game structured like a sequel? Yes the first day makes it sound like a sequel but by the end of the game you will realize that the recording of the first day is not a present recording but a pass recording due to the check date not being in the summer. Hence the whole mystery fiction comes into play. As in not all is what it first seems.

Lastly no. His games don't sell because he makes people think that it is a singular story. It sells because it is popular to watch people play the game and create theories about the clues. This is a mystery game about a fast food franchise not a singular story. I have no idea why you would think that this is a singular story or pretending to be a singular story when their is no main character. Kind of impossible to be pretend or make people think that it is a singular story without a main character.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Tasasoria said:
Okay so this will get a little complicated.

We have a Freddy Fasbear location that doesn't appear in any main playable version in the games, as evident in the subgames where purple guy abducts kids outside the location, rather than from within in a costume. As far as the minigames show, there is only Golden Freddy here, because this is before a Golden Bonnie and before purple guy becomes Golden Bonnie.

Then there is Location 1-A, a second Fasbear location with a Golden Freddy and Golden Bonnie. This is where Purple Guy eventually becomes Golden Bonnie.

Then we have FNAF2, which includes new Toy versions of Bonnie, Chica and Freddie. Good? Great! Except original 'normal' versions of Chica, Bonnie and Freddy didn't exist as Location 1-A, only Golden Freddie and Golden Bonnie. On top of which we have 'old' models of Chica, Bonnie, Freddie, Foxie and Mangle, none of which are shown to exist in the pre-FNAF2 minigames, except Mangle in FNAF4 which is literally left unexplained because fuck it!

Then comes FNAF1, which introduces tried and true if a little old mascots, which are identical to the already old mascots we see in FNAF2.

So the timeline goes pre-ANY FNAF game location has Golden Bonnie and Golden Freddy, then FNAF 2 has old and rotting versions of non-gold Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxie, on top of new(Toy) versions of models that never existed before(as the previous location only had 2 Golden models), rendering the 'new' part redundant, and then FNAF 1 comes along to reinvent the franchise by not including the newest Toy models but by inluding not-old models of the FNAF2 old models.

OR! pre-ANY FNAF happens, with Golden Bonnie and Freddy, then FNAF1 happens with new characters and models, then FNAF2 happens, which includes not only rotten and discarded models of the FNAF1 models, but "new and improved" models of the FNAF1 models, thus completing the circle.
See if FNAF2 comes before FNAF1, then FNAF2 has new and improved models of characters that didn't exist in the pre-game locations, on top of old Bonnie/Chica/Freddy that also didn't exist in the old location.

Simply put, the way Cawthon describes it we get 2-3-1/old, oldest, newest. Whereas seeing the timeline as FANAF1-->FNAF2 gets us a 1-2-3, oldest, old, new model.

Tasasoria

Jul 17, 2015
Silentpony said:
Tasasoria said:
Okay so this will get a little complicated.

We have a Freddy Fasbear location that doesn't appear in any main playable version in the games, as evident in the subgames where purple guy abducts kids outside the location, rather than from within in a costume. As far as the minigames show, there is only Golden Freddy here, because this is before a Golden Bonnie and before purple guy becomes Golden Bonnie.

Then there is Location 1-A, a second Fasbear location with a Golden Freddy and Golden Bonnie. This is where Purple Guy eventually becomes Golden Bonnie.

Then we have FNAF2, which includes new Toy versions of Bonnie, Chica and Freddie. Good? Great! Except original 'normal' versions of Chica, Bonnie and Freddy didn't exist as Location 1-A, only Golden Freddie and Golden Bonnie. On top of which we have 'old' models of Chica, Bonnie, Freddie, Foxie and Mangle, none of which are shown to exist in the pre-FNAF2 minigames, except Mangle in FNAF4 which is literally left unexplained because fuck it!

Then comes FNAF1, which introduces tried and true if a little old mascots, which are identical to the already old mascots we see in FNAF2.

So the timeline goes pre-ANY FNAF game location has Golden Bonnie and Golden Freddy, then FNAF 2 has old and rotting versions of non-gold Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxie, on top of new(Toy) versions of models that never existed before(as the previous location only had 2 Golden models), rendering the 'new' part redundant, and then FNAF 1 comes along to reinvent the franchise by not including the newest Toy models but by inluding not-old models of the FNAF2 old models.

OR! pre-ANY FNAF happens, with Golden Bonnie and Freddy, then FNAF1 happens with new characters and models, then FNAF2 happens, which includes not only rotten and discarded models of the FNAF1 models, but "new and improved" models of the FNAF1 models, thus completing the circle.
See if FNAF2 comes before FNAF1, then FNAF2 has new and improved models of characters that didn't exist in the pre-game locations, on top of old Bonnie/Chica/Freddy that also didn't exist in the old location.

Simply put, the way Cawthon describes it we get 2-3-1/old, oldest, newest. Whereas seeing the timeline as FANAF1-->FNAF2 gets us a 1-2-3, oldest, old, new model.

FNAF 2 gives two important clues about a location that I will call location 2-A. At the beginning of FNAF 2 at day 1 the person talks about the last location being left to rot. He also talks (in day 1) that you no longer need to worry about the building losing power and the doors opening. He is not talking about location 1-A because as we can clearly see in the minigame that the location is to small and there is only one door. Location 2-A is the same place as FNAF 1 but before it was left to rot. You can tell this as in the minigames shows foxie being able to come out and play, while in FNAF 1 foxie's home still needs maintenance due to a lower budget (I will get to this soon). The minigames that you saw in FNAF2 are what happened to FNAF 1 before it was left to rot and why it was closed down (murders).

FNAF 2 had new models outside of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxie because it was a result of location 2-A were the company wanted to stop any future killings by giving the new anamatronics criminal face recognition hardware. By the end of FNAF 2 we see a newspaper saying that the new anamatronics are being scrapped for a possible malfunction (Bit of 87 theory) and starting over with a "lower budget". FNAF 1 definitely has a lower budget feeling to it since it looks like they are not paying the janitor to mop the floor or get rid of the spider webs or fix the Foxie attraction (was left to rot and is now opened again with a lower budget).

Now to get to mangle. FNAF 1 created questions. FNAF 2 gave clues about FNAF 1. FNAF 3 gave clues about the purple guy. Lastly, FNAF 4 showed location 1-A Spring lock suits/anamotronics (two of them). FNAF 3 had a mangle minigame. The secret entrance of the minigame showed a giant crying child. FNAf 4 had a child that was always crying and witness the purple man. To me (theory time) this means that the crying child of FNAF 4 soul ended up in mangle. In FNAF 4 ending the toy freddy says that the child is broken and that he would put him back together. Mangle can be broken and put back together. Game theory speculated that mangle was the biter due to the size of it's mouth and that it attacks from above aiming for what looks like the head. To me FNAF 4 is the origin story of the biter of 87 who did a eye for an eye thing.

Does FNAF 4 having mangle make sense? Yes. We see mangle as a toy (not a anamatronic). We also see Freddy, bonnie, Chicka and Foxie as a cartoon. FNAF 4 is a time period were Fast bear pizza was at the infancy of the anamatronics (spring lock version) and was slowly making anamatronics from the toys and cartoons.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Good luck making sense of this over-arching narrative! It all feels slapped together for a series of games whose only point is to be scary. Just like Resident Evil.