Game Theory: Mario is Communist?!?

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
Mario is Communist?!?

Is Super Mario a Communist? Seems ridiculous...until you look at the evidence. Is Mario Jumpman Mario the NEW Red Menace, the People's Mario? We take you through the shocking evidence so you can decide whether gaming's favorite plumber is a secret agent for the Communist party!

Watch Video

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
I was just watching Jirard Kahlil's LP of SMB2 and thinking: SMB2 is one big Mario Dream and since MatPat is a psyhology major maybe he could analyze the whole game or why the hell Mario would dream of such a bizarre world.

Also Ive already seen the 'Mario is a Psychopath' video and i just think SMB2 would make for an interesting subject.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I thought everyone got the communist leaning in the first mario game? I hadn't considered warrior as an american stereotype but being an american I don't really buy into the "fat money hungry" stereotype myself.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Mario's entire life revolves around collecting money and propping up the monarchy, how could he be a Communist?

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
McMarbles said:
Mario's entire life revolves around collecting money and propping up the monarchy, how could he be a Communist?
Watch the very end of the video. It explains everything.
tl/dr:
Most of this video was just MatPat joking around.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Very old theory, but certainly never heard it go into that level of detail before! The opening does give the idea of communism a bad press though, but overall things were a'ight.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
It's the rapid-fire visual jokes and the amazing depth of research in science and history that keeps me coming back to these videos. This "Mario's a Communist" theory sounds like the counter to Yahtzee's theory that Bowser' also a Communist, but one who resents Princess Peach's ruling class but longs for their acceptance.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Im glad I waited till I finished the video to reply because I was going to insult you guys for confusing a green skull with a peace sign.

Setebos

Jun 4, 2012
Darth_Payn said:
amazing depth of research in science and history
Yeaaaah... About that.
Those jokes about the dates being wrong ? That's the product of the julian calendar, which was used until 1918 in Russia, before they went to the gregorian calendar (like most of the western world). Those calendars are slightly different, which explains why the october revolution falls in november for us.

But yeah, maybe he knew that and didn't bother to explain for the sake of the joke. However, mistaking the National Bolshevik Party's [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Bolshevik_Party] flag for a symbol from Stalin's time ?
That is not just bad research. That is horribly wrong.
And seriously, everyone knows what the USSR flag looks like, communist colors are red and yellow, not red, white and black.

So I wouldn't say I'm amazed by the depth of the research here.

mtarzaim02

Jan 23, 2014
McMarbles said:
Because you aren't imaginative (and paranoid) enough.

Who were (and still are to certain people) the embodiement of greedy fatty ugly big-nosed capitalists for bolchevik propaganda?
Jews.
And who happens to have a "w" in his name in the mario world?
And what does he look like ?..

Mario rescuing the princess peach?
In later mario incarnations, maybe.
But in SMB, she is Anastasia, the long lost last princess of russia, which would have hidden deep in the sewers to escape the soviet revolution.

But why a son of the People would help the last remnant of his previous dictatorship?
Because of her populatiry within the masses, and some guilt to have mercilessly murdered a whole family in some forests. Historic rewritting for redemption is a common behavior when even the victors feel some culpability.

Why is mario collecting money?
Answer: he's not.
He's finding them to redistribute the wealth to the toad people.

Toad people, which happens to look like small burly minors, working hard under the oppression the green monsters.

Green monsters?
What's the color of american dollars?..
Yes. GREEN !

Goombas?
Honest toad people turned into brainless horrors who can only run forward to a certain death, blinded by their reptilian oppressors and their empty promises of wealth.

Reptiles?
Like a specie which will soon become extincted, with the help of brave and red plumbers from all over the world.

But what's the link between a turtle and america? None.
But the snake, an insidious, lying agent of mischief and treachery, is certainly fitting the bill in the eyes of good bolcheviks.

Lakitu.
The hovering godlike figure sending walking plagues to the world under, and who gets dethroned by a single jump?
Christianism getting stomped!
Or how a mere commoner can replace the omnipotent within a single leap. And the willpower of a true revolutionaire, of course.

What's about the invincible (communist) star ?
The fire (red) flower ?
The ivy, skyscraping product of a diligent farmer, working like a stakhanovitch to receive mother country's gifts ?

So many coincidences !
So many evidences !
For all those years, our children have been brainwashed by sleeping communist agents.

AND NOBODY SAW IT !!!!
AND NOW, POUTINE IS COMING TO REAP IT AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Why is The Escapist starting to host really old episodes of Game Theory? This one is from over a year ago..

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
It's worth mentioning that Amanita Muscaria (or versions of it that do the same thing and look the same) is also found in northern Europe and especially in countries like Finland and Sweden, countries known for beating the shit out of russia and the soviet union.

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
Leximodicon said:
Why is The Escapist starting to host really old episodes of Game Theory? This one is from over a year ago..
Thats what I was thinking, I mean are they just going to go to youtube and grab some random game theory video everytime they have a slow news day now?

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
Rattja said:
Samael Barghest said:
And that's why we put our faith in Luigi. The better brother.
Better brother? you mean this guy?
Im not so sure...
Years of playing second fiddle to a communist coming out during a go-kart match. Everyone needs to vent from time to time. After this, he'll go back to being the hero-in-the-shadows. Doing all the work while that Ruskie Mario takes all the credit.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I recall hearing that a someone from Nintendo once debunked this theory. Also the main reason Mario has a moustache is because of hardware limitations when developing Donkey Kong. Same with the hat actually.

Also does anyone else find this guy's voice really irritating?

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
OK, this episode is reeeeaaaly ragged compared to last weeks one.
Like reeeeaaly.

He's Italian (have you ever seen many unmustached men around the 80's of European origin without facial hair? Politicians aside), he's a Craftsmen so again, in Italy and many other Countrys, Craftsmen and Idustrial workers where not looked down upon from shitty middle managers like they are now, so a plumber doing Heriocal things: not unusual from the cultural standpoint of most countries outside the Anglosphere (that was until Liberalism took 2/3 of Europe in the last Decade).

I don't know if 3/4 of this episode where supposed to be a joke, but anyone who takes the first half for any salt, will have a wheelbarrow full of semi correct information. <.<