Erana

Feb 28, 2008
CircuitDruid said:
Erana said:
Paragon Fury said:
Ghostwise said:
Pokemon. I'm not 10.
As I once saw someone post here, I'll say now -

If you think you're too old to play Pokemon, you're too young to play Pokemon.
And too foolish to respect a solid game franchaise.
Its a game where you catch and keep wild animals as pets, train them to me merciless killers, then sick them on other peoples pets. seriously whats not to like? apart from well... the lase half a dozen releases being more of the same.
Well, then... How do you find games to play at all? I mean, most games out there are morally questionable and are strikingly similar to other games, so...

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
crusha_aa said:
Anymore boring sports games.
I second this. Sports games all seem like they're the exact same thing, except bundled up with sweatier players, more screaming fans, and maybe some career mode that's basically a structured scrimmage mode. Count me out.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
COD 4 and COD WAW only because everyone says they're so good... i'm perfectly open to them being half way decent but i still won't play them because of how people talk about them....

Count_de_Monet

Nov 21, 2007
Fraught said:
grimzero said:
the game I'll never play is World of Warcraft because it just look like a waste of time
All games are a waste of time.
QFT, by definition.

I refuse to play Final Fantasy 9. It just felt like a step backwards... I understand that it was meant to return to the series' roots but there was nothing about it which drew me in.

CircuitDruid

May 19, 2009
Erana said:
Well, then... How do you find games to play at all? I mean, most games out there are morally questionable and are strikingly similar to other games, so...

haha I feel Ive mislead you; the morally questionable-ness of Pokemon defiantly raises its appeal :) I enjoyed it I just don't think the last 2 releases or so were as engaging to those of us who have already played essentially the same game 4 or 5 times.

As for what you do when you run out of new and interesting games to play? become a content moder :D or draw fanart... or piiiine away for the days when we were younger more easily impressed ^.^

Woem

May 28, 2009
I will never, ever play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Just because someone slaps the Baldur's Gate franchise on a Diablo clone doesn't make it rightfully so.
And really, putting in # Drizzt Do'Urden and Artemis Entreri as unlockable characters only shows what way they were going with this game.

Riza

Jan 4, 2009
god of war...its a game for non-gamers and i would feel like i'm betraying my kind if i touched it

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I really wish I could report threads instead of posts.
With reasons.

"sup guys let's promote some preconceptions."
"ok lol, wow sux, pokemons gay, okami is jap shit, mario is old kiddy gam, wii suk dik, lolgimmik"

All I have to say is that a lot of people I know are like this, and it pains me to no end that I only know 2-3 people who will ever appreciate Braid, could appreciate Shenmue, would play Bioshock for something other than gamerscore and not complain about its lack of multiplayer...

etc, etc.

I understand a personal preconception about disliking a certain idea in a certain game, but I really like games from pretty much every genre...And stuff like this, well, it simply promotes rage, stereotyping, and terrible, terrible garbage such as these comments:

Blanks said:
ech0blaster09 said:
I hate JRPG's they are all the same. Teenagers carrying swords that are twice their size.

yeah...that's why i never play fps games, there all the same aswell a bunch of hyper masculine testosterone filled men with guns and arms bigger than themselves
Both statements are incorrect, and only come from someone who has never played a different JRPG, or a different FPS, or they "heard" about the game from a friend, or read some shit online, and really believe that's all it is.

Anyway, on-topic, even though I'd like to answer with "Nothing, nothing at all" but will be answered by "Then why did you post...?" I guess I wouldn't play a Hentai flash game or something. I like to keep my sex away from my games, at least for now.

Edit: I Feel great because I know no one will read this far into the topic. lolpage7

dweomermaster

Feb 22, 2009
Never gonna play any Halo game or that 50Cent blood on the sand thing... neither do anything much for me, and over-hype doesn't help either =)

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Left for Dead 2.

First of all, Fuck you Valve, you have no reason to replace one god damned word with a number, oh yes, there a 4 survivors, how fucking clever of you.

Second: It is every bad cliche in the worst genre ever:

• Super-powered civilians
    civilians with instant knowledge and mastery of any weapon they find
    power-pills aka fucking adrenaline, "hey guys, let's inject this stuff that will surely kill us!"
    Token races
    and many more

Saw the demo, wanted to puke my guts out and put my fist through the monitor.

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
Trivun said:
Every other decent game for the PS3 is either a multi-platform release, or isn't worth £300 for a new console. Or isn't actually any good.
Regretful 360 owner here, the PS3 really is coming into it's own and I wish I had a miracle $500 to buy it as well as MSG4, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, and maybe Killzone 2.

I'm sure there's more exclusives but I'm in the middle of compsci now and don't feel like thinking more.