Klonoa:_Empire_of_Dreams
Klonoa_2:_Dream_Champ_Tournament

Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Devil_Children - DemiKids:_Light/Dark_Version
This.

And Snoopy's Magic Show

Loved that game as a child

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
You could check out the Pokemon AshGrey mod for GBA.
It's a modded version of Pokemon Firered designed to follow the events of the anime episode by episode.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180722

From 'A Scare in the Air' (Beginning of Season 2)

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Tranquility said:
No mention of Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and 2?
I second the first.

Such a time sink. Complex monster breeding, coupled with randomized dungeons. Have fun spending 85% of the game at the bottom of a well, at least until the post game. The series never really struck those chords again with me until DQM Joker 2.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Moonmover said:
Timzilla said:
Also, I was looking for a Gameboy game which I had when I was younger, but cant remember the name of. All I remember is its an RPG. Its top down until your in a fight, and then is a side scrolling veiw. I know theres a dungeon with descending levels that gets harder as you go down. You also have some kind of thing (I think its like an Alchemy Spirit or something like that) you can summon that helps you make new weapons and I think can help you in battle. I know there's three diffrent spirits you can pick at the start of the game. Also, after every major game event, you can go and talk to one of the main charaters. Thats all I can remeber.
You're thinking of "Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story." There is also a lesser-known sequel, which is also good. If I remember this right, "Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story 2" was the last game to be released for the Gameboy Advance.

Also try "Pokémon Crystal Version" and "Pokémon Emerald Version."

Several good NES and SNES games were ported to the Gameboy/Gameboy Advance - including "Super Mario Bros." and "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past."

Oh yeah, and Tetris. You can't have the full Gameboy experience without Tetris!
Underrated Games, Summon Nite. I loved spears, axes and drills. The dialogue could be quite humorous, too.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
My two favorite GBA games are Treasure Planet and Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga so those might be worth checking out.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
Super Mario Land and all Gameboy Pokemon games seconded. Those were all the ones I ever needed. I also played all the Mario games Super Mario Bros/Super Mario Bros 3/Yoshi's Island/Super Mario World on the Gameboy. No NES or SNES

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
For the advance:

Megaman Battle network series. All of them. Those games comprised my childhood and have so much depth to them. I've played them for years and still can't beat most of them, and on what few I have, I can barely scratch the post-ending gameplay. If you are getting 3, make sure to get the blue version, as is it objectively superior to white version (more optional bosses). Don't waste your time on 4-6. They all suck, especially 4. Still, I could rant about the originality and addictiveness of these games for hours. These are a gem for the GBA and IMO the best series released on the platform.
I agree. The Battle Network games are worth a try. Uhh, I would agree with maybe ignoring 4 and 5, but I found 6 to be tied with 3 for best game in the series.

Golden Sun, Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are mandatory plays. :p

Random Argument Man said:
Play the Megaman Zero series dude. It's pure awesomeness, but also hard.

Just do it.
And yeah, if you're up for a challenge, definitely take the Mega Man Zero games out for a spin.

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Dr.Panties said:
(1) Astroboy: Omega Factor- awesome beat/shoot'em-up, and probably one of the best games on the system.
(2) Advance Wars 1 and 2- fantastic turn-based strategy.
(3) Max Payne Advance- cracking good fun.
I second that Astroboy Omega Factor and Advance Wars are excellent.

My favourite GBA RPG is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Very pretty, very fun RPG.

Konami's Ninja Cop is an underrated classic.
Zelda: Minish Cap if you like Zelda games.

For the original Game Boy I recommend Wario Land 1. Unlike the other WL games in that you can die, but it was the best platform game on the original Game Boy in my opionion.

For the Game Boy Color I recommend Looney Tunes: Matrian Alert and the sequal Martian Revenge. Great little free-roaming adventure games with RPG elements. You could collect all the different Looney Tunes characters and use their abilities, and the graphics and music were amazing.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Akytalusia said:
wow. i didn't expect to see so much support in this thread. am i on the right site?

OT: technically, you should only download roms of games you already own.
I only download Roms and Emulators for games and consoles that are no longer in circulation or being manufactured. If there's no easy way to obtain a game, I'm not bothered by downloading it. Thats why I chose a Gameboy Advance Emulator instead of a DS or something more recent. Just my opinion.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Timzilla said:
Akytalusia said:
wow. i didn't expect to see so much support in this thread. am i on the right site?

OT: technically, you should only download roms of games you already own.
I only download Roms and Emulators for games and consoles that are no longer in circulation or being manufactured. If there's no easy way to obtain a game, I'm not bothered by downloading it. Thats why I chose a Gameboy Advance Emulator instead of a DS or something more recent. Just my opinion.
In my experience forums even those who have a ban on pirating, mods usually let slip ppl mentioning emulation if it adds something to the discussion. However in your case the thread is basically "What ROMs should I download" and will get you into trouble.

Best to just not mention ROMs in theads like this, even if you intend to use them along with most others reading this thread.

Since this thread is interesting to me, maybe you could try self moderation and the mods won't lock it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok excluding Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars series and Metroid Fuzion (danm ninjas) I suggest-

Wario Land 4
Phalanx
Maybe Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation (that gam was far too complicated and the tutorial was nowhere near useful at all)

If you want Gameboy games than I just suggest Battle City and Mega Man 2.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
IIRC Treasure has some GBA ports like Gunstar Heroes Advanced and Astroboy. How does Gunstar Heroes Advanced compare to the Megadrive original?

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
I'm going to assume you already know how to look for these, legal or not. But just on GP, try to get them legal when possible.

Super Robot Wars series -- A series of strategy games that, since their inception, has included roughly 90% or more of every mecha anime there is. Gundam, Macross, Gao Gai Gar, Mazinger Z, Gurren Lagann, even Voltron has appeared at least once in the series.

The two/three games that concern the GBA however are the following:

Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 1 and 2: As you probably figured out, the licensing for all those different anime has kept the series from leaving Japan for the most part. Except for these two games and an RPG Gaiden Game for the DS.

You see, for most SRW games, the main character isn't from an anime series at all. It's a brand-new hero and/or heroine in their own custom war machine(s). In 2002, Bandai decided to save a little money, and instead of another round of licenses, made a game featuring all the heroes and heroines of their previous games. It became a hit, and in 2006, they made a sequel.

Also in 2006, Atlus brought both games, released for the Game Boy Advance, over to the US in English.

The third translated SRW game is Endless Frontier Super Robot Wars OG Saga for the DS. It doesn't involve Giant Robots, but the story ties heavily into the Original Generation games for many background elements. The game was made by Monolith Soft, makers of the Xenosaga games and Namco X Capcom, and actually includes characters from both games.

The third GBA game of note is Super Robot Wars J(udgement), which of course is a standard SRW game. The series' featured include Gundam SEED, Mazinkaiser, Martian Successor Nadesico, G Gundam, and Tekkaman Blade. I bring up this particular one because a fan translation of the game has been released.

Other GB/A and DS Super Robot Wars games include: The first Super Robot Wars (GB), Super Robot Wars Advance, Super Robot Wars R, Super Robot Wars D (GBA), Super Robot Wars W, Super Robot Wars K, and Super Robot Wars L. (DS) The DS also has a sequel to Endless Frontier which was not translated, as well as updated rereleases of the SNES game Super Robot Wars Gaiden.

And just as a heads up, Monolith is currently working on Project X Zone, a spiritual successor (if not sequel) to Namco x Capcom and Endless Frontier, which involves characters from both games, as well as at least one of the heroes from Super Robot Wars who appears in the Original Generation games. It's coming out for the 3DS, and includes not only Capcom and Namco Bandai, but Sega as well.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
BlueberryMUNCH said:
I haven't played them myself, but the Golden Sun games have been regarded highly by friends of mine; I'm sure they're worth a go!
I guess any of the Pokemons are really worth a go. Like, Crystal and Emerald.
Hmm *thinks back*...nothing else comes to mind, but maybe because I've drank too much green ginger wine.

So yeah, Golden Sun! I think o_o.
The Golden Sun games are amazing and I would highly recommend them