Gamecrush.com Goes Down

Bob_Bobbington

Oct 27, 2008
arkwright said:
Kiithid said:
Natty DL said:
PopcornAvenger said:
Ranooth said:
Ok this world is doomed, everyone come to England and help me build some kind of spaceship. We can form a brand new, more awesome civilization on Saturn.
I call shotgun!
Damn yooouuuuu!
I call gunner!
Of course, I will make sure we have giant space cannons.
Just in case we try to take over the galaxy, I mean, we will always need giant space cannons.

OT: Whoever thought this was a good idea was a bit of an idiot, I mean, us Gamers do have pride, you know.
I call the space hamster cage.

OT: At least few of us, hope Fox news or some random hater doesn't gets wind of this.
i call cheif engineer.

O.T. its things like this that give us gamers a bad name.

ps. ill bring me own hammers.
I call the beer fridge.

OT: Wow, the amount of failure from both sides is off the scale. Well, back to trying to find ways to like humanity.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Dammit, who are these damn gamers? Nobody I know would stoop to using a site like that, and by the looks of it a lot of people on the internet (or the Escapist, at least) feel the same way I do. Where are all these thousands and thousands of gamers coming from and why do they have to give the rest of us a bad image?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I can hear all the failtunes from every game ever ringing in my ears already.

Game over, yeeeeeaaaaah! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aRwky0W5Y]

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Bob_Bobbington said:
arkwright said:
Kiithid said:
Natty DL said:
PopcornAvenger said:
Ranooth said:
Ok this world is doomed, everyone come to England and help me build some kind of spaceship. We can form a brand new, more awesome civilization on Saturn.
I call shotgun!
Damn yooouuuuu!
I call gunner!
Just in case we try to take over the galaxy, I mean, we will always need giant space cannons.

OT: Whoever thought this was a good idea was a bit of an idiot, I mean, us Gamers do have pride, you know.

OT: At least few of us, hope Fox news or some random hater doesn't gets wind of this.
i call cheif engineer.

I call the beer fridge.

OT: Wow, the amount of failure from both sides is off the scale. Well, back to trying to find ways to like humanity.
I call the jelly pool.

OT: honestly this is no surprise, the ads are a bit, suggestive.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
RebellionXXI said:
But yeah, seriously? I'm kind of confused. Is this a game-based dating site, a-la eharmony.com (which, admittedly, I think would be a great idea), or the gaming version of one of those $9.95 a minute hotlines that start advertising on TV after midnight?
it's the equivalent of one of those minute hot lines.

some people must really want to talk to gaming girls even if they have no chance at all with them and have to pay money

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Wow, and just as I was gaining hope for humanity, but no. Humanity, you've just lost all hope.

Apr 28, 2008
ottenni said:
Bob_Bobbington said:
arkwright said:
Kiithid said:
Natty DL said:
PopcornAvenger said:
Ranooth said:
I call shotgun!
Damn yooouuuuu!
I call gunner!

i call cheif engineer.

I call the beer fridge.

I call the jelly pool.

OT: honestly this is no surprise, the ads are a bit, suggestive.
I call top bunk.

OT: Again, just sad...

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
I thought the topic title meant that Gamecrush was failing, not overwhelmed with responses! Well whatever floats your boat really.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
It could be a good thing if all you did was set a profile and maybe get invited to a group thing that isn't with friends, just strangers. Kind of like setting up a game on Gunbound (That's the only similar thing I can think of. And please do not go play Gunbound) but with less anonymity, and you can invite specific people while at the same time seeing someone's level or whatever.

Something like that would make raiding a hell of a lot less of a project in WoW, huh?

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Shockolate said:
I honestly would NOT be surprised if 4chan had something to do with this. In fact I'm almost certain.
I think a them going for a date is more likely than a DDOS attack.

Sep 4, 2009
So is this the first part of a master plan to bring "compensated dating" from Japanese culture into mainstream western culture? Because it is dated. And the dates are being compensated for their time...

AceDiamond said:
So I guess Gamecrush

...couldn't handle the pressure.
Yeah...

w-wait, I can do it better. Please! Let me try again!

AceDiamond said:
So I guess Gamecrush

...couldn't handle the pressure.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
That someone thought this site was a good idea in the first place is highly depressing.

tomservo4prezident

Mar 12, 2010
Aww, man! This means I have to play games with my totally real and existent and living and human and real female friends! Who are totally real and totally friends with me! And are real and have consoles! And are real and have online connections and are real! And real have real every real game real I real have real too! We're real so real alike!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Hahaha, so much for that.

I remember watching a video of a game-cafe in Japan where you could have a girl game with you for money and I was like "Holy shit Japan". The sad thing is that this is much worse, you get a webcam of someone's face for 10 minutes? Jesus.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
They must be making a killing...
If only I didn't have standards; I've met a lot of creepers while playing video games who I know would pay to get me to play with them...

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Um... what the hell? When I saw the title of this post, I assumed that "down" meant eradicated off the face of the earth, like this idea deserves to be. Unfortunately, my prediction that this thing would take off, was far too right.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Lots of sad, lonely gamers out there. And yes a part of me would want something like that, of course I won't, but the thought alone is bad enough...ugh I suck.