GameFly Gets Physical With The G-Box

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Oh joy. Mopre things I want to use that don't thik Australia is a valid market. Oh well, back to abusing Game and EB'S Return policies
*Doesn't like Game at Kotara anymore since the cute girl left. Will take her business to EB Jesmond where the cute boy works*

Don't you love my ethics?

*off topic. OMG 900th post >.<*

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
Honestly, Gamefly has been better with new releases. I got Killzone 2 within a few days after launch. It looks like they stock up in anticipation of a lot of people Keeping It.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
Even though it's gonna hurt the average GPA of students, I'm really happy for these.

My company programs, makes, and ships them for Gamefly, so it means I get to keep my job.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Lukeje said:
SuperMse said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Oh joy. Mopre things I want to use that don't thik Australia is a valid market. Oh well, back to abusing Game and EB'S Return policies
You support Gamestop? Eeeeewww. I would never buy from them.

(GAME and EB are owned by Gamestop)
Nope, Game is not owned by Gamestop. Where did you hear that? EB Games is though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(retailer)

If Wikipedia is wrong on this one, then sorry. I have never been to a GAME as I am located in the United States. Anyways, the article states that GAME is owned by EB Games, which is in turn owned by Gamestop.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
SuperMse said:
Lukeje said:
SuperMse said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Nope, Game is not owned by Gamestop. Where did you hear that? EB Games is though.

If Wikipedia is wrong on this one, then sorry. I have never been to a GAME as I am located in the United States. Anyways, the article states that GAME is owned by EB Games, which is in turn owned by Gamestop.
Seemingly they only own 25%, though I have no idea what that actually means in terms of ownership. So you're basically saying that of the videogame shops in the UK, there is EBGames, who own part of GAME, who own Gamestation? Nice to see there are no monopolies going on...

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Lukeje said:
SuperMse said:
Lukeje said:
SuperMse said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Seemingly they only own 25%, though I have no idea what that actually means in terms of ownership. So you're basically saying that of the videogame shops in the UK, there is EBGames, who own part of GAME, who own Gamestation? Nice to see there are no monopolies going on...
I think article said that they later bought more of the retailers, or just bought out specific storefronts themselves, I'm a little shaky on the details, but EB is involved somewhere.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
SuperMse said:
I think article said that they later bought more of the retailers, or just bought out specific storefronts themselves, I'm a little shaky on the details, but EB is involved somewhere.
Aah, the ownership terminated in 2004: http://www.gamegroup.plc.uk/gg/media/releases/2004/2004-02-02/

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
I have a gamefly subscription but their shipping time is atrocious. I do hope that thees kiosks will have a way, if not now, soon, for existing subscribers to return and rent games instantly. I know I would take advantage of such a service for sure.