GameFly To Netflix: Bring It On

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Redbox seems to be the way to go around here. They don't have a huge library, but they do get all the new stuff, and they're all over the place. I haven't tried GF since they started and it took them forever to get me my games.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Covarr said:
As much as Netflix has been pissing everyone off lately, I do think they stand to steal a good amount of Gamefly's business. Stupid decisions aside, they know how to get a disc delivered in days, rather than weeks, and to make sure discs aren't unusably dirty or scratched. Gamefly has never been able to get these things right.

P.S. Thanks
Assuming their standards remain the same.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Covarr said:
As much as Netflix has been pissing everyone off lately, I do think they stand to steal a good amount of Gamefly's business. Stupid decisions aside, they know how to get a disc delivered in days, rather than weeks, and to make sure discs aren't unusably dirty or scratched. Gamefly has never been able to get these things right.

P.S. Thanks
I got a Star Trek: Nemesis disc from Netflix that was broken in half, and a Watchmen disc that looked like someone took sandpaper to it. It froze from time to time, then a good way through the movie it skipped ahead like 25 minutes towards the end which turned out to be a blessing as the it was boring me to tears. The Star Trek disc could have been damaged in transit, but that can't explain the heavily scratched Watchmen disc.

Another one was sticky like someone spilled something on it.

But yes, they are fast about getting their discs mailed out.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Gamefly has something like 3-5 distribution centers (my closest is in Tampa, Fl) and takes three days to ship a game. Netflix has more like a distribution center in most counties and movies are cheaper (even getting their own Netflix discs with unskippable trailers and other ads).

I usually got pretty good service through Gamefly, despite the three day travel-time deliveries were usually punctual as long as you made sure to get a launch day copy of said game. If it has multiplayer forget about it for several months if you didnt get in that first batch. Just had to make sure your queue was clear on release day. Games I really liked I buy "used" from Gamefly and get a small discount.

Whether Qwikster can rival that we will see.