Gamer Builds Real-Life Wipeout With RC Car

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Haha, when I read the title, I thought it was a fully sized auto with RC capabilites attached.
Damn Mythbusters for putting these ideas in my head.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
We need to make this at least four player so I have some fun while waiting for him to remake mario kart. This is sweet!

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
dududf said:
Why doesn't he just make circular bumpers on the side of the car? It's prevent tipping over except in the most extreme cases.
Yeah. I was thinking that you could make a rounded roll-cage out of a wire coat hanger. That way, when it does flip, it'll self-right.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats awesome! I loved that game back in the day...wouldnt mind seeing a remake of it if in honest

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Looks like something you'd see at the board walk. Pretty spiffy. I hope the idea is expanded upon sometime.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I can only imagine the amounts of joy I would've had from that if it was made in the 1990's.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Since Germany are very oppressive towards the video games industry, no wonder geeks have time to make this sort of stuff haha.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I'm not too big on racing games, but I have to admit that looks pretty cool.

NSGrendel said:
"A man with a little too much time on his hands". No one who has a Twitter account should be allowed to use this phrase.
I chuckled.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Damn, why haven't I thought of this?
Ah yes, because I don't have enough cardboard to build a racetrack out of it.

Let's take this a step further... who's going to lend me his car to wire it up?

Bladecatcher

Sep 1, 2009
I've decided that I am going to attempt something this. It actually doesn't look too difficult to pull off. I have RC cars that same size, and I have one of those deconstructable foam rubber tracks. The hardest part is definitely the wireless camera. Does anybody have any suggestion on where to get one on the cheap? I've been looking at wireless security cameras (for their small size) but I'm afraid the frame rate will be too slow.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
I'm glad we still have people like this bloke. Just goes to show you not all home projects have to be building a shed, a garden etc. have fun with life and what Electronics can do.

In other news: I still have the original Wipeout Disc from the PS1.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Wow, that is an awesome work. Who say games can't be art?

I wish I had the amount of free time he had, I'd totally make something like this. Kudos to him for creativity, though.