Gamer Dies In LAN Cafe, No One Notices

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
This reminds me of a quote from one of my favourite movies:

Collateral said:
Max: First time in L.A.?

Vincent: No. Tell you the truth, whenever I'm here I can't wait to leave. It's too sprawled out, disconnected. You know? That's me. You like it?

Max: It's my home.

Vincent: 17 million people. This is got to be the fifth biggest economy in the world and nobody knows each other. I read about this guy who gets on the MTA here, dies.

Max: Oh.

Vincent: Six hours he's riding the subway before anybody notices his corpse doing laps around L.A., people on and off sitting next to him. Nobody notices.
No one really notices the world around them anymore.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
To be fair, a lot of gamers totally look dead while gaming.

But yeah, this is a bit messed. I can see one hour of not noticing, but NINE? Some waitresses worked their WHOLE SHIFT WHILE HE WAS DEAD and they didn't notice that he wasn't... you know... PLAYING?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Could have been a rage stroke brought on by kill stealing.

I have been in a few LAN cafes, not all make the wise investment of air fresheners. The combined reek of mountain dew, various energy drinks and body odour can overpower that of death.

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
Versuvius said:
I couldn't help but laugh. This is genuinely funny because i can imagine the community screaming "omg gtfo noob he dun fukin no how to moov".
"Dood are u fuckin dead or something?"

No, seriously. This is a tragedy, though I could not help but laugh. And if I died EXACTLY like that, I could only hope that the world could find it in themselves to laugh at me.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
I'll drink a tasty beverage and play some league in his memory. Didn't know the guy but he damn well deserves the respect.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I need to stop reading these articles. The comments you guys leave behind make me laugh and then I feel like a terrible person

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
You'd at least think the waitress would have noticed!

But then if you ever watch someone playing a video game, unless they are raging they usually look dead anyway.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
And another one added to the list of death by gaming.
When will some people learn about self control and simply enough it enough?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
lacktheknack said:
To be fair, a lot of gamers totally look dead while gaming.

But yeah, this is a bit messed. I can see one hour of not noticing, but NINE? Some waitresses worked their WHOLE SHIFT WHILE HE WAS DEAD and they didn't notice that he wasn't... you know... PLAYING?
Yup, that's what I was thinking.

"Hey, what's up with him?"

"Oh, he's just in the zone."

Extreme gaming has spawned some bizarre deaths alright.

DyranLK

Jan 28, 2012
Not sure if this should be considered a tragedy or a facepalm fest.

But nevertheless, condolences to whoever the man's family and friends are, and hopefully people in that cafe will be a little more attentive to what's going on to whom in the future, 'ey..

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Micalas said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
The body of 23-year-old Chen Rong-yu sat in a crowded Taipei gaming center for nine hours before anyone noticed that something was amiss.
Looks like he was in the wrong place...
*sunglasses*
at the Rong time.

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
Shit! Beat me to it.

That was essentially the first thing that came to mind... that and "How did it take 9 hours for anyone to notice something was Rong?".

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
from the sounds of it, the way his body was lying would look like that of someone who fell asleep while playing. with the fact that no one noticed him for 9 hours (meaning it must be a normal thing to game for that long), the smell that is probably already there and it was probably dark in there...

BanZeus

May 29, 2010
balberoy said:
Man this is just like dieing while having sex!
If you die while having sex and nobody notices for 9 hours, you were a terrible lover.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
BanZeus said:
balberoy said:
Man this is just like dieing while having sex!
If you die while having sex and nobody notices for 9 hours, you were a terrible lover.
Ha ha. This made me laugh pretty loud in the restaurant.

Did I read it wrong. It says the body was found Tuesday night but the waitress last saw him on the phone Wednesday at noon?

Oh and I think it is sad but as others have said people stick to their own these days. Other than reading and sleeping I doubt anything in the past ever made people so inactive for long periods of time. Reminds me I need to get up more even and focus my eyes in the distance.

ShaneGunWolf

Jul 6, 2011
Micalas said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
The body of 23-year-old Chen Rong-yu sat in a crowded Taipei gaming center for nine hours before anyone noticed that something was amiss.
Looks like he was in the wrong place...
*sunglasses*
at the Rong time.

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
Holy..!

You have just won the Internet. And I have just lost a pair of pants.

OT - Yeah, this won't be the last time this happens. No doubt about it. -_-