Gamer Fashion

domble

Sep 2, 2009
aprilmarie said:
I like video game shirts. It screws with people's minds because I am a semi attractive female and wearing a video game shirt. They don't expect it.
Plus I don't really care.....I just kind of throw on random clothes anyways.
I have a warioware one that says I've got more swag than you......that i love to wear.
semi attractive eh? How do you feel about egotistical liverpudlian blokes? lol :p

I must admit I do get a bit taken aback when i see a woman in a gaming shirt.
Happened outside work once, I started chatting to this really pretty girl about Halo or something of that ilk and then her girlfriend walked up and pecked her.

I was a little embarrassed, to say the least lol

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
I wear pretty much exclusively band shirts.

But I've been told I have no style by some, and lots of style by others.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Rob Shogun said:
Buying gaminng related clothing is just the same as buying band t-shirts or merchandise, you buy it because you like the band/ game/ film thats on it and by wearing it you're telling people what you like.
Seconded. The t-shirt still needs to look nice, though. And sometimes you don't even have to flash the logo at people... I mean, I wear a Global Dynamics T right now and have yet to meet a person who notices what TV show I like.

aprilmarie said:
I like video game shirts. It screws with people's minds because I am a semi attractive female and wearing a video game shirt. They don't expect it.
Are you among those cruel ones who like seeing people's skulls spontaneously combust?

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Jeans, band shirts, collared shirts (not that polo shit), v neck tees, other shirts I think are funny but not retarded. I hate clothes that are overly complicated looking or have those retarded skulls and shiny shit all over them. That was a stupid trend, glad it's fading. Don't really have any gaming clothes unless Mega64 stuff counts.

domble

Sep 2, 2009
qazmatoz said:
Jeans, band shirts, collared shirts (not that polo shit), v neck tees, other shirts I think are funny but not retarded. I hate clothes that are overly complicated looking or have those retarded skulls and shiny shit all over them. That was a stupid trend, glad it's fading. Don't really have any gaming clothes unless Mega64 stuff counts.
don't get me started on fucking skulls.
Christ, just TACKY.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
i dnt really get influenced by gaming when it comes to what i wear. i may where the odd gaming related t-shirt but tht's about it tbh

Billy_Pilgrim

Aug 6, 2008
Joshimodo said:
I hate fashion, however. Mindless crap.
I wouldn't say fashion is any more mindless than any other aspect of consumer culture. Games, books, figures, art etc. It's all relative. Some people see fashion as a form of self expression, others couldn’t care less.

I don't really own any gamer clothing. I have one Final Fantasy VIII tee I've never opened; it came with the special edition of the game I bought waaay back when.

Neur0t0xin

Apr 22, 2009
I have a Goteki 45 and a Feisar shirt somewhere. I need to find them again. Nothing quite like being a fan of a racing league that is only not real because of the laws of physics. :D

In short, why not?

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
I have a black Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare polo shirt. It was just something I got from Activision when they were promoting the game at the Gamestop I worked at. Also have the Ghostbuster t-shirt you get for preordering the game, but I've never worn it. I'm not a big fan of wearing T-shirts that advertise a product that isn't mine. I only wear the CoD4 one because I look good in black and I liked the game.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
Gamers only wear dinner jackets and bow ties. If you don't then you are not an official or semi official gamer.
Correction gamers wear this shit.

OT: I have a few game shirts and I wear them with pride. Gaming is a core part of my life and if someone has a problem with that then they can shut the hell up.

Billy_Pilgrim

Aug 6, 2008
domble said:
qazmatoz said:
Christ, just TACKY.
You want tacky? I'll give you tacky!

Two words;

Flame shirts.

domble

Sep 2, 2009
Billy_Pilgrim said:
domble said:
qazmatoz said:
Christ, just TACKY.
You want tacky? I'll give you tacky!

Two words;

Flame shirts.
I can see we're on the same page.
... who makes these clothes?

lol yeah so a skull t-shirt on a bed of flames and just underneath it the "army of two" logo.
You would never get laid again.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
VanityGirl said:
I don't think so. I've got a pacman and an asteriods shit that I wear all the time. Most people my age love them and creepy adults tell me that my shirt reminds them of their childhood.

I don't think it "says a lot about you". I wear all kinds of nutty and fashionable clothes, so you can pin down a person based on one thing they wear.
i have a t-shirt with the red flowers from Mario :D(at this point it doesnt matter which one)

one of these things ha :D
http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1024x768/2008/Drawn_wallpapers_Mario_game_monster_flowers_007320_.jpg

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Meh. As long as it's comfortable, I'll wear it.
More Fun To Compute said:
Gamers only wear dinner jackets and bow ties. If you don't then you are not an official or semi official gamer.
Hoodies for the win!

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
RyQ_TMC said:
aprilmarie said:
Are you among those cruel ones who like seeing people's skulls spontaneously combust?
why yes, yes I am

domble said:
aprilmarie said:
I have a warioware one that says I've got more swag than you......that i love to wear.
semi attractive eh? How do you feel about egotistical liverpudlian blokes? lol :p

Happened outside work once, I started chatting to this really pretty girl about Halo or something of that ilk and then her girlfriend walked up and pecked her.

semi, most days i'm not attractive and I try and look like a boy(no makeup(wait that's everyday), throw a cap on, baggy clothing.....)and honestly I'm more into girls than guys. Although every now and again I'll go after a guy, only to have him break my already fragile heart, ergo I tend to stay away.

domble

Sep 2, 2009
domble said:
aprilmarie said:

semi, most days i'm not attractive and I try and look like a boy(no makeup(wait that's everyday), throw a cap on, baggy clothing.....)and honestly I'm more into girls than guys. Although every now and again I'll go after a guy, only to have him break my already fragile heart, ergo I tend to stay away.[/quote]

bah, it's happened again!

lol nah that sounds cool. I've been watching too much Gok Wan so i try to wear clothes that flatter my physique but not reveal too much. It's a great system.
I just don't think that a picture of Ryu on my torso would go great with that lol

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
I don't believe that wearing a video game shirt has any bearing on how attractive other people view you, nor how intelligent they percieve you to be.

Once you get past the high school click element. It's very easy to meet new people and hook up with them. Seriously, if you can't pick up an attractive girl while wearing a shirt with **Enter given gaming product here** you're just an idiot and need coaching on how to be more self confident and how to read women.

Now, if you're wearing a video game t-shirt or what not and ONLY talk about given product or game. You'll fail worse than Rasputin. Though even in the rare occurances you do run into a drop dead gorgeous girl-gamer, they won't want to talk about gaming the whole time.

In other words, and to sum up everything. Clothing doesn't really matter when it comes to picking up people (See, Peacock Theory,) Rather an individual must display worthiness to their partner by showing intelligence and wittiness through humor and insight.