Gamer Tries to Steal Breach Code at PAX East, Gets Arrested

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Pah...and they say PC's are the reason for all the DRM and anti-piracy BS, and then you got this dullard openly trying to copy games off expo systems.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
John Funk said:
The suspect's electronics - including "laptops, modded Xbox 360, modded PSP, modded DS and XMP3" - were confiscated by police, and he spent four hours in jail following his arrest, so if there is any trace of Breach there, it'll turn up sooner or later.
All that gear that so happens to be modded, I just assume its modded to play imports right?, he just so happens to enjoy franchises not available in his country on all the major platforms?

Right? right?

The very same suspect was at a panel earlier at PAX East with Stephen Toulouse, director of policy and enforcement for Xbox Live, during which he asked if he could please have his Gamertag unbanned from the service. When asked why he'd been banned, the alleged thief said that he'd played Forza 3 early - and as it turned out, it had been an illegally downloaded copy of the game, too.
This guys balls are made from brass or something?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Well if anything good came out of this it's that the story turned me on to this Breach game. Looks like it could be good.

Pills_Here

Dec 10, 2009
This is hilariously unfortunate. I give a lot of slack to "pirates" but what the fuck? How can a person be in that situation and not think "Wow, this is probably a staggeringly bad idea".

Now I gotta go read about skipping his court date.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
Innocent until proven guilty my ass. Kind of telling to me, his past behaviour and the skipping out of court. Innocent people don't skip out of court.