gamers.... divided?

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
wait, so all singleplayer gamers are pc gamers?
your conclusions are a bit messed up (as are your observations, by the way)

anyways: I'm a primarily singleplayer gamer who playes on both 360 and PC (and occasionaly on PS3), however I have been known to play multipayer in such games as CoD and Halo, because they're "N00B friendly", as it were.

I have no prejudice against the "elitist SP only" crowd, nor the "skyrim sucks" crowd.
after interacting with them for a few moment they do tend to get on my nerves quite a bit

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
there are waaaay more groups
like console gamers that say that PC gaming is dying
retro gamers that bought nothing after the DC
Japanese oriented gamers that beat all the touhou games on hardcore blind folded.
etc.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
bullet_sandw1ch said:
this topic is confronting the fact that gamers are now divided. on one half, the multi player crowd loves COD/Battlefield, OMG SKYRIM SUKS!!!!!.

on the other side, the pretentious bastard pc/single player group who believes anything that is not skyrim sucks, or believes that pc games are instantly better, and hate on ps3/xbox games.

what do you guys/girls think?
That's not true, I'm in the group of "It's it's fun I will play it on my Wii, PC, 360, PS3, Android/iOS, GB(C,A), (3)DS, Atari 2600, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, and what have you". Or as I like to call the group "I am a Gamer".

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
>Attempting to cram EVERYONE into two nigh-unrelated groups

Please learn how reality works, then come back.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Man alive.
Sega vs Nintendo
Sony vs Nintendo
Sony vs Microsoft
PC gamers vs everyone
Idiots vs the Wii
Commodore vs Sinclair
Fanboys vs Everyone who dislikes their game.

But yeah, gamers are suddenly split down the middle by 3 arbitrary games.

Insane_Foxx

May 22, 2009
Seams to me that gamers are pretty united on this. You're a moron and it's nothing but flame war bait, and you should never have started it in the first place.

Answering your inane question - pending on first person or 3rd person i'm on computer or console. and i enjoy playing all 3 games so..... put me in whichever one you want

Aug 25, 2009
We only just got divided? I thought we got divided when someone asked 'Mario or Sonic?' for the first time. Or was it back when someone said 'Straight line or T shape block?'

Gamers have been divided forever, on every issue, be it games, systems, consoles vs pc, hardcore vs casual, rpg vs fps, rpg vs rts, rts vs fps, bbc vs cnn, kbe vs dfc and bar.

This is just the latest in a long, long, long, long line of divisive issues in games. And this one isn't even so bad in comparison to how bad gaming division can really get.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
bullet_sandw1ch said:
this topic is confronting the fact that gamers are now divided. on one half, the multi player crowd loves COD/Battlefield, OMG SKYRIM SUKS!!!!!.

on the other side, the pretentious bastard pc/single player group who believes anything that is not skyrim sucks, or believes that pc games are instantly better, and hate on ps3/xbox games.

what do you guys/girls think?
Bah, both are inferior to iPhone gamers. The REAL hardcore market.

blushmoe

Nov 19, 2009
So. What is wrong with gamers being divided. It is such a broad thing. The door has been opened. It isn't the 80's 90's anymore where gaming is this little, personal thing and anything good was really well known.

Now it is so broad. We don't have to pull together. WE all like out own things!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Some gamers will have flame wars over apples and oranges while others will chow down.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Why do you assume that people who love skyrim have to be pc gamers, there are so many people who play games and so many opinions of course they are divided we are not one huge gelatinous blob who have to share the same opinion.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
No I think they are just the loudest lot.
You will find a lot of people don't care, have the games for the system they just happened to buy.
I know a lot of gamers who are enjoying skyrim and enjoy a good battlefeild game.
But these kind of people tend to be quiet and not really care for things to go either way. If you don't like skyrim don't play it simple as.

So ye it sounds like the real argument is as you say although in reality no one really cares and they are being particuarly loud about it.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
If you think all gamers can be categorized into 2 classes, I have an advise for you: Things are never as simple in real life.