Gamers make bad feminists

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Darkmantle said:
Loonyyy said:
MASSIVE SNIPPAGE
Well, I think what it comes down to is even though I agree with their motives, trying to reduce domestic violence against woman and stopping sexism, I cannot abide by many of their methods any longer, and it has left me Jaded to the whole endeavour.
Considering your ability to not read things in context, getting tired of things is not a surprise. People who are against them rarely seem to be fair in their assessment. The horror at their methods never seems to consist of substantive criticism.
And here me and this feminist were having a nice conversation and you had to jump in eh?

I know what I'm talking about, maybe you should calm the hell down before posting, because you seem pretty mad bro.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Darkmantle said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Darkmantle said:
Loonyyy said:
MASSIVE SNIPPAGE
Well, I think what it comes down to is even though I agree with their motives, trying to reduce domestic violence against woman and stopping sexism, I cannot abide by many of their methods any longer, and it has left me Jaded to the whole endeavour.
Considering your ability to not read things in context, getting tired of things is not a surprise. People who are against them rarely seem to be fair in their assessment. The horror at their methods never seems to consist of substantive criticism.
And here me and this feminist were having a nice conversation and you had to jump in eh?

I know what I'm talking about, maybe you should calm the hell down before posting, because you seem pretty mad bro.
In other words you lack the integrity to back up your claims about feminists and instead choose to ignore that I called you on your lack of substantive criticism of their methods.

Btw, you might want to actually make a decent post before posting. Not half-assed reading like your earlier reply to me.
well If you bothered to read the conversation me and the other fellow were having, you would have noticed I posted the names of some feminist organizations that were using fraudulent Domestic violence statistics, and stated that I cannot in good conscience support any organization that actively lies to play the victim card, and it puts the whole movement in ill repute in my eyes. but that's if you bothered to read, not likely.

the organization is "Men Against Violence Against Women" the faulty stat is "90% of domestic abuse victim are female" which may have been true in the 70s or 80s, but is not true now, every study past about 2006 pegs it at about 60/40, give or take. Such as the yearly stats Canada studies for example, who are not considered bias by anyone here.

I don't like liars, your feminism is full of them. Either work to clean up your "label's" act, or don't be surprised when people with integrity don't agree with it. Call out the liars in the movement you clearly support, or don't expect to be taken seriously. It's that simple.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
sanquin said:
Marv666 said:
Thats not true I am an amazing feminist. I fucking love tits and am all for giving them equal rights.
Then you're not a feminist but an equalist. :p Feminists, these days, are only all about women's rights. No longer about just equal rights. Or rather, feminists these days are all about getting special treatment just so they can 'feel' equal to men even though they do less work, are weaker, etc. (Not saying women all do less work or are weaker, just that the ones that are want to still feel equal for doing/achieving less.)

So yea, you're an equalist! Same with me. :p
The term "feminist" means the advocacy of women's rights so as to be equal with men. And even if it doesn't, what you're arguing about are labels. That is the most pointless aspect of the conversation that could possibly be focused on.

That said, I am fond of being an equalist.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
ElPatron said:
Kashrlyyk said:
sexualizes women in a bad way.
I can't find what you quoted! Was my post deleted? Did I delete that part of the post myself? No idea. And since you don't quote the entire post I can't answer. I need the context of that sentence for that.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Kashrlyyk said:
ElPatron said:
Kashrlyyk said:
sexualizes women in a bad way.
I can't find what you quoted! Was my post deleted? Did I delete that part of the post myself? No idea. And since you don't quote the entire post I can't answer. I need the context of that sentence for that.
I can't even travel trough the dense brush of posts in this thread so let's call it even.