Gamers Statistics

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
Kragg said:
statistically this will be irrelevant, I hope you know that, not only will this be too low a number of peopl to draw any conclusions people see eachothers results and infect eachother
So far I haven't seen anybody "infect" each other by posting their results. And I was hoping to get around 150-200 people here, each having 3 video games they've listed. What ever number of posters I get after 3 day, I plan on matching on campus.

I'm listing age groups as 14-17, 18-22, 23-26, ect.. The results I show on my actual paper are going focus on the most popular games. Again this is just a section of an 11 page paper. Getting a survey of more than 100 off a gaming forum vs. a college campus is just the statistical data I need to make a point on my paper.

A lot of the games people are mentioning are probably not going to be included, but it's a gaming forums and I think people like seeing what other people favorite games are regardless of what I trying to do.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Xelien said:
Kragg said:
statistically this will be irrelevant, I hope you know that, not only will this be too low a number of peopl to draw any conclusions people see eachothers results and infect eachother
So far I haven't seen anybody "infect" each other by posting their results. And I was hoping to get around 150-200 people here, each having 3 video games they've listed. What ever number of posters I get after 3 day, I plan on matching on campus.

I'm listing age groups as 14-17, 18-22, 23-26, ect.. The results I show on my actual paper are going focus on the most popular games. Again this is just a section of an 11 page paper. Getting a survey of more than 100 off a gaming forum vs. a college campus is just the statistical data I need to make a point on my paper.

A lot of the games people are mentioning are probably not going to be included, but it's a gaming forums and I think people like seeing what other people favorite games are regardless of what I trying to do.
There is a higher probability of people picking one of the games people have already picked than being original, highely likely that the games mentioned on page 1-2 have a higher% of picks than ones on page 9-10 for example.

But I guess for what you are using it for it might be ok, do we get to read this paper at some point?

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
1: Baldur's gate Serie, Vampire the Mascarade Bloodlines, Batman Arkham serie
2: Femelle
3: 28

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
1)Crimson Clover (a bullet hell STG), Bayonetta/ Vanquish, Homeworld series
2) Male
3) 33

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
1. Everything made by Valve (Although if I had to chose I'd say I'm tied between TF2 and Portal), Zelda Series, (Everything from Twilight Princess to A Link to the Past by time of release), and Cave Story.
2. Male
3. 16

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
1. The Legend of Zelda series, Assassin's Creed 2, Just Cause 2

2. Male

3. 15

Best of luck with your project. :D

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Kragg said:
Low number of people isn't the biggest problem. However there is indeed a high risk of people being infected by other anwsers.

OT though;

Favorite games:
- SWAT 4
- Assassin's Creed series
- Battlefield Badcompany 2

Good luck on your paper.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
1) Final Fantasy series
2) Lost Odyssey
3) Either the Silent Hill series or Skyrim. I genuinely can't decide. ._.

- Male

Crowbar_Abortion

Aug 23, 2011
1. Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers (Series)
Sid Meier's Civilization (Series)
Call of Duty: World at War (I know bro shooter fail, but I can't help it)
2.Male