Gamertags - why did you pick that name?

chaser[phoenix]

Oct 17, 2008
Mine is Spring Panda.
I picked it because, one day when my friend got a 360 he was just thinking about what to make his gamertag (since apparently he was short of ideas).

So I just started talking about "Winter Panda" and that it was some fabled creature and blah blah blah.
So he made his gamertag Winter Panda.

My gamertag at that time was chaser121, but I changed it to Spring Panda to "fit in" haha.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
aprilmarie said:
because its my name?
Never! You can never have a name that makes logical sense!

Frank_Sinatra_
Reason: Because Frank Sinatra is the best singer to have ever lived.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Da_Schwartz: Cause i can quote Spaceballs the movie line for line..verbaetum. Ppl challenge me to this and tell me to stfu by the time I get to King roland asking lonestar for help. Mispent youth :D

sadpolice

Nov 12, 2008
Hate1650?

because Hate was my PC name at that time and I needed to put a number on the end.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
DigitalSushi, my names Sush and the avatar in games I play is my digital representation, and the I was added since my nickname is Fishboy.

Life immitating Art immitating Life.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
SuPaH1337CopKillah47?
Don't worry, I'm joking.

All my gamertags are Glerken. Just 'cuz...

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
Voltzila (my PSN id)

was a big fan of godzilla, still am, so I just added my last name to the first part of his name.

Blood77 ( my name for most of my forum accounts)

Most people think that it has something to do with jesus, blood= blood of christ, 77= number of tims you are suspposed to forgive some one. That isn't true, I randomly came up with this name while trying to make one for diablo 2, and continue to use it never seems to already be used on most boards.

Skittles (my nick name for Super Smash Brothers tournaments)

I was dubbed this by another player, blackenese. He called me that due to the fact that I always were tye dye shirts. Otherwise my tag is just my last name, volts.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
OnyxOblivion007

Note that the gamertag was my first time calling myself Onyx Oblivion anywhere. The Escapist and any others followed it. Now my username is usually Onyx Oblivion. With the only notable and currently used exception being GameFAQs, where I'm "Geohound_Ryudo", which is from Grandia 2.

Let's break it down into individual parts:

Onyx - It's a pretty cool black gemstone.

Oblivion - My favorite game ever. Let's make that painfully obvious to the entire world.

007 - I fucked up creating an XBL account and my gamerscore didn't transfer to the new one, so I tried again and added something on the end. I'm not actually a Bond fan, having only seen 2 movies. Both were Brosnan films.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Timtimfed said:
high_castle said:
Highcastle. Taken from *gasp* a book of all things. It's right there in the title, so if anyone can guess the full title and author, you get a cookie.
Man in the High Castle - Philip k Dick, I assume.

Timtimfed is my gamertag, was the name of my first Teddy Bear.
Johnmw said:
high_castle said:
Highcastle. Taken from *gasp* a book of all things. It's right there in the title, so if anyone can guess the full title and author, you get a cookie.
Man in the High Castle Philip K Dick ? ....wants cookie
Congrats to both of you. Cookies all around.

Jul 9, 2008
Orannis was the villain (read: destruction given form) of the latter two books of the Abhorsen trilogy.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
My GT is part of my name =/ boring as fek but I'm thinkin of changing it to my tag on here but can't bring myself to waste money that could be spent on broken steel or something IRL.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I was playing Oblivion before I got LIVE. I themed my high elf as some kind of long-lost ice elf, so I made his name Glacor FrostFire. I wanted a unigue gamertag, so I picked Glacor. The FrostFire was stupid, so I picked king. Hence I am King Glacor (GLAY-KORE).

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Griever18, because it's awesome.

SOLBDGUY, Because he's awesome.

Leon S. Kennedy, because one of my friends use to call himself Chris Redfield, and we always got into arguements over which character was better.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
OneToxicSpark was a result of five minutes of trail and error trying to find a name that wasn't already taken

thousandfaces

Mar 4, 2009
My XBL names is K bronx 52. If you pronounce it in spanish, its an typical harsh insult. (Dont use it deliberately though ;D). The 52? um... i guess their were 51 kbronxs before me or something, which to this day still baffles me.

HAZEANDHALO

Apr 16, 2009
Xbox live: Spartan117 but 4 some reason all my accounts got deleted!! and i cant have my 360 since i have PS3
PS3: Check it..
Escapist: My 2 favorite games with my two game consoles HAZE ps3 HALO 3 Xbox 360 exclusive