Games everybody loves but you can't see why

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
PxDn Ninja said:
Reading over these, I didn't even think of StarCraft 1/2. Both are terrible terrible games. Blizzard has yet to make a good RTS in my opinion, though I grew up steadfast in the Command and Conquer
uro vii said:
Gears of War. I bought it for me a and a friend to play through, and though we managed to blast through it in only about 4 hours, I was still so utterly bored of the constant, unchanging and repetitive fire-fights that made up almost the entire game.
You can judge a game however you want, but just know that Gears was NOT popular because of the single player.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Crispee said:
FPSs in general, only Portal and Team Fortress 2 have really grabbed my attention out of every FPS I've played, which isn't a lot.

More specifically, possibly Ocarina of Time. I really enjoyed that game personally, don't get me wrong, but lots of people on the internet are under the impression that it's some sort of Gaming Bible for the amount of praise it gets, every 3D Zelda game since for me has been far superior. Better graphics, better story, more gameplay ideas, more interesting world to explore, etc.
Of course there are better games now. But it's like a book. War of the Worlds is old, Docter Jekyll and Mister Hyde is old. The Legend of Zelda games are old.

But Miyamoto spent two years in the 90's to create Ocarina of Time, and most fans would consider it a masterpiece of his. (Incoming 'I like Link to the Past better' rant. Yes, it's good, too. Leave me alone!) Yes, the graphics are outdated, but look at it from the perspective of it's time. Blizzard has the same thing with their Warcraft franchise. All the cutscenes look good for their time.

Blood Countess

Oct 22, 2010
I got to say War of Warcraft.I hate games where I got to work with others since I am an anti social git but I love this damn game or well did till the new so called upgrades but got to say WoW

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Mass effect, bioshock, god of war, devil may cry.
Everyone seems to love them, i don't think their that good, even though they are all the sort of games that i play.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
TomLikesGuitar said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Reading over these, I didn't even think of StarCraft 1/2. Both are terrible terrible games. Blizzard has yet to make a good RTS in my opinion, though I grew up steadfast in the Command and Conquer
uro vii said:
Gears of War. I bought it for me a and a friend to play through, and though we managed to blast through it in only about 4 hours, I was still so utterly bored of the constant, unchanging and repetitive fire-fights that made up almost the entire game.
You can judge a game however you want, but just know that Gears was NOT popular because of the single player.
I got the notice of a quote and was confused. I was like "I didn't write anything about Gears, why is that quoted as me?" lol.

Nonetheless, not sure why I was quoted on that to begin with. I agree that Gears is a dull game (single and multiplayer). Honestly it is only really popular because of the chainsaw assault rifle.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Realistic shooters and most western RPGs. Bioshock, Oblivion, fallout. Mass effect I get.
Halo I have respect for since watching Halo legends, but the games are sub-par in comparison it seems.

Most RTS.

Oh yeah and any FPS with an online multiplayer

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
i swear to god silent hill 2 is the most boring game ever. yeah, deep storyline, oppressive mood, but so DULL and REPETITIVE and IRRITATING to play

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Every game mode that starts with Multiplayer looses me after that one word.

Also:
Red Dead Redemption
Ocarina of Time
The Sims
WW2 Shooters

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
I'm like this with the Tomb Raider games. I've played Chronicles and 3 and I found both of them to be dull and slow dispite all the game magazines seeming to like them.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Call of Duty 2. How one can enjoy and immerse one self in a game with one of the lousiest voice-over and gunsounds ever. That and the irritating and idiotic squad AI.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
halo and modern warfare 2. They are both pretty bland for the genre. You have a gun. There are people you don't like. You shoot them. There are no other interesting aspects. At least in games like bioshock there are plasmids to spice up the gameplay a bit from the normal shooter. Even games like dark void, where it had the basic cover shooting that gets old after awhile, it also had the jetpack where you could fly up and over cover to the opposite side of the enemies and shoot them in the back and that was a lot of fun. We need more games that break the generic mold.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Ikugara or however you spell it. It drove me crazy and all my friends were like OMGOMGOMGOMG. I just couldn't get into it.
And sports games, just any sports game made within the last 3 years and has a new one come out every year is the same game with arguably better graphics. Football is the same football etc...

Shadow of the Colossus
Team Fortress 2
anything final fantasy/anything with transvestites fighting with ridiculously large swords that do more damage than guns and then pretending not to be transvestites.
then games like battlefield 2142 where playing online with punkbuster is as much fun as masturbating with extra gritty sandpaper, guess what? BFBC2 still has that shitty punk-buster and it will never, ever be fixed.