games everyone love that you hate

jonnopon3000

Feb 25, 2009
I forgot. Along with PROTOTYPE (AAARRRGGGHHH)

Basically any MMO and the sims series.

MMOs make me cry with depression, and the sims franchise bores me to death.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
EVE online. So many of my friends got sucked in, and I tried a free trial just for the hell of it, and it didn't fit the criteria of a game in my eyes.

King_Of_The_Tramps

Aug 25, 2009
cgride555 said:
MGS series. What's so freakin great about it?
the first metal gear was good partly because it had all the quirky little bits in it where the game tried to break the barrier between game and player(psycho mantis battle for example0, but since then the game has become too self involved to be enjoyable.

does anybody really care about the MGS story anymore? i ended up skipping through the cut-scenes in the last 2 games and being in boss battles with no idea how i got there!

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
I swear we had this exact same thread a couple of weeks back.

Anyway just so I'm constructive, Diablo 2.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Too Human. X-Play gave it a 4 out of 5. I just stopped watching the show after that.
Strange.I never got the impression that Too Human was popular. It was panned by most critic (save X-Play it seems) and to my knowlege it was a commercial flop.

Don't you think it's wierd that there are like 10 times more of these "things that you hate that everyone else likes" treads than there are "things you like that you like that everyone else hates" threads? We're really negative here.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
how about the "take someone elses topic and flip it around for my own" game?
everyone else seems to be playing it today.whether or not you are the original or copy,I must say I am geting annoyed with that game to the point of hatred.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Halo series

GTA series

COD series

MGS series

FF series

Resident Evil series

Anything by Blizzard

May they all burn in a hell supervised, maintained and heated by me.

JSkunk22

May 20, 2009
Fable, Fable 2, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Gears of War, and Gears of War 2.
At least from the top of my head.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Gears of War - Didnt see what was fun/good about it.

Bioshock - Same reason, only it was a bit more about the over-hyping people did for the game.

Final Fantasy VII (7) - Of all the FF games i've played, this is one of the worst.

Metal Gear Solid - I found this franchise (all of the games) to be extremely boring and badly written, i really dont understand the hype behind this franchise nor why so many people call it good.

Fallout 3 - This i cant really call a bad game, as its actually quite good, my only problem is that its pretty much a downgrade from Oblivion set in a post-apocalyptic setting instead of a fantasy setting, so i have nothing against the franchise as a whole, only this game because i found it annoying that so much was copy-pasted from Oblivion (a game i really loved).

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Oh, and any game created from, or inspired by: a film, a book, a piece of music or anything unoriginal.

But i do like Audiosurf

jonnopon3000

Feb 25, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
everyone else seems to be playing it today.whether or not you are the original or copy,I must say I am geting annoyed with that game to the point of hatred.

Your post made me laugh so hard.

'Tis true though-a lot of topics appear to be appearing (??) twice or thrice, in slightly different forms. Annoying.

IT'S KIRBY:

(>^.^)>

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
cgride555 said:
MGS series. What's so freakin great about it?
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really don't see what's so great either.

I don't like Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty: World at War(4 was great, I just got 10th prestige), Final Fantasy(I don't hate them, I just can't play them), Fable 1(Fable 2 was decent), BioShock.
There's more but I don't feel like naming them.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Fallout 3: I never really got into the game. I didn't find it to be Oblivion with guns, as I didn't really like Oblivion either. Both of them, in my opinion, had bad stories, and overall weren't good.

Half Life Series: The first one may have added in stories to FPS's, but I found it to be a average shooter, with puzzles and a gravity gun as it's main selling point.

WoW: After playing WoW for a while, and enjoying raiding with friends, the expansions ruined it for me. It was just grinding 10 levels, then raiding. Raiding became pointless as you get better gear much easier in the next expansion.

Physchonauts: After playing, I hated it. The story was pretty good, but the game was an overall "meh" in my opinion.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
jonnopon3000 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:

Your post made me laugh so hard.

'Tis true though-a lot of topics appear to be appearing (??) twice or thrice, in slightly different forms. Annoying.

IT'S KIRBY:

(>^.^)>
hmm...here I thought it was a happy bunny or something.I rather enjoy this guy

and thank you.

crooked_ferret

Jul 30, 2009
Halo games (all of them)
World of Warcraft (I gave it 6 months to grow on me it never did)
Bioshock - not that it was really a bad game, I just found it way over hyped.
Just Cause- what really gets me about this one is they are apparently making a movie out of it.
Gears of War - didn't see what the fuss was about, honestly thought it should have been first person too..
EVE online - first game I ever played where not playing actually progressed you...
There's quite a few more. I did like cod4 strictly as a short but good single player game. I see a lot of people ripping on it, apparently the repetitive nature of the multi got to them.

and just about every rts game I've ever been told to check out. Seriously I guess I just hate the genre in general.

fenixrising

Mar 11, 2009
halo 3 (and i love the other 2)
every GTA game
bioshock
morrowind
mario galaxy
street fighter
assasins creed
fifa whatever year
pro evo
half life 2

Teirce

Jul 28, 2009
I don't really HATE games, but these are just a few I find to be highly overrated.
Diablo (1+2)
Starcraft...(I DO hate Jim Rayner or w/e his name is. He was in most of the SP I played and it was just really annoying.)
Halo 2-3 (Enjoyed 1 enough though on my PC for a while)
Left 4 Dead
MGS
World at War
Any MMO is just not my style.

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
Ok...lemme get something straight-do you mean half life 2 or half life 1?[/quote]Half life 2, I don't know about Half life 1 though, because I never played it.