Games for Non-Gamers

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Saelune said:
I got a couple Mario games on virtual console. 3, World, and one of the generic but newer ones.

NPC009 said:
Does he like fiction? If so, he may want to try story-oriented games such point & click adventures. Does he have any favorite genres? Sciencefiction? Murder mysteries?
Too bad LA Noir isnt just solving crimes, hed probably enjoy that. He likes alot of cop dramas. As for books, he seems to really like James Patterson. I dont know anything about them though.

He also likes original series Star Trek.
There are other detective-based games that aren't drowning in Rockstar's typical game design.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments might be a good alternative. Murdered: Soul Suspect would be another, but with a more supernatural twist. It didn't get reviewed too favorably though.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Got a laptop? Maybe introduce him to Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Its a fantastic game which is easy to get into for everyone (and actually makes a great gateway into gaming overall imo) and has more than enough to it to keep ones attention for a long time. I bet your grandad will also enjoy the freedom on offer as its small-scale enough to not overwhelm him and the game is just so damned charming you can't help but love it.

Grabbing a tablet and throwing on the Broken Sword games could work too! Its a few good steps above your standard mobile puzzle games (which I don't want to recommend because although they're great time wasters, there's no worthwhile pay-off, especially for someone whose gonna be stuck in bed for a month) as you get your challenging puzzles along with a really great story you'll remember long after.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Portal is a pretty good one. 99% of the puzzles don't really require any reaction time and as long as you're putting the portals in the right places you can kinda just fall into them rather than having to make precision jumps.