Games in your collection you would sell...even at a loss.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Inspired by the Games You Would Never Sell thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.267381-Games-you-would-never-trade-in-or-sell]

What are some of the games in your collections that you would sell at the drop of a hat, even if it meant you lost most of what you paid for the game just to be rid of it?

Mine would be Singles: Flirt Up Your Life, it was supposed to be a naughtier version of The Sims but it just ended up being a huge steaming pile of unplayable crap. I would seriously consider selling it to someone for a quarter just to get it off my shelf.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
None. I've sold some of my games in the past but I never felt good about it. No, I think I'll hold on to them all, even Far Cry 2.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
...I don't understand...why wouldn't you just go ahead and sell a game that you want to sell? You know what I mean?
So like...why would you still own a game that you don't want? xD

dWintermut3

Jan 14, 2010
Twin Sector (ugh, graphics fairly terrible but the voice acting is just awful. An adventure game with no adventure)

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
BlueberryMUNCH said:
...I don't understand...why wouldn't you just go ahead and sell a game that you want to sell? You know what I mean?
So like...why would you still own a game that you don't want? xD
Because it's so bad nobody buys it or something, I guess. Or possibly you just have to keep it as a horrible testament to all that is wrong in gaming.
Anyway.

Silverfall. Oh god, I spotted it in a bargain bin going for like five euros. And it seemed like a halfway-decent Diablo 2 -knockoff that might have entertained me for whatever hours I might manage to glean from it. And you could play a troll. Trolls are always a plus.
First thing: I thought the installation killed my computer. Everything just froze for something upwards of 20 minutes. And for some reason I let it be. After that, the game apparently realized I wasn't buying its bluff and begrudgingly installed itself. A harbringer of things to come.
Second thing: the game was the worst kind of a shitty Diablo clone possible and had all of the dready slog and none of the hack n' slash fun. I played the first hour somewhat experimentally and incredibly half-heartedly to see if there would be anything to salvage the thing. But no, the horrible abortion of an effort at making a game stubbornly refused to make itself any better. And after that hour, I felt that playing Minesweeper blind would have been time better spent.

Even worse was that fucking incredibly fucked up horrible Rogue Warrior. I didn't buy it, I snatched it from a friend like some digital Necronomicon after its horrible secrets broke his feeble mind and he smeared "DEMO DICK COMES!" over and over on the walls of his room with his own blood. In other words, he gave it to me (or forced me to take it) and told me that if I ever mentioned it again he'd punch me in the eye.
I got it for free, and yet I felt like I was robbed. That's right, this game is actually worth less than zero of the lowest unit of any currency that has ever existed, including the funny-shaped small stones we used to trade as kids. It's just horrible. There's nothing that's done right. It feels unconnected on every level, from controls to animations to cinematics to every possbible word associated with a facet of a game. It had bugs and glitches up the ass. It had shitty gameplay up its throat. It probably, from the sheer amount of retardation in the game, had railroad spikes hammered up its brains. Hell, I felt like I had some hammered up MY brains by the time I had played it.
It felt like the game was feeding on my very goddamn soul when I played it. I didn't feel angry for playing it. I felt empty and tired, like a worn-out husk of a used, abused and violated man. I felt wronged.

Only weeks afterwards did I manage to muster the resolve to work up a proper rage. And you know what I did to the horrible abomination of a game? I nailed it to a pole like an ancient barbarian warrior displaying his hated enemy's corpse, case and all. Good, strong, long nails. Good, thick wood. And then I put the pole up in an unseen corner of my yard. I even painted a skull on a stone next to it to warn anyone unfortunate enough to trespass of the vile monster that had been slain.
I really, actually, honestly did all that to make sure I had my revenge on the game. It's under the frost and snow now, like some monster of times long gone (specifically 2009). Come spring, and I might just have to take an axe to its exposed, bleached remains. We'll see.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I threw my Black Ops disc in the bin. At a loss of $85 (Australia).

Does that count?

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
GTA IV on the PC,
Now don't hate me yet, i love it on the Xbox 360 where it is playable
But the PC version is such a steaming pile of horse shit, that it is insulting tat the dev even tried this horrible attempt at porting it just to make an extra buck.

RedMagic

Feb 16, 2011
Megaman Starforce Pegasus version for the DS, aside from getting all the battle cards, that game has virtually no replay value.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Ghostbusters for the PS2. I would GIVE that game away. I hate it. It hates me. It's such a glitchy mess that it's impossible to finish, or even progress past the third level. I think that scratching the disk actually makes it work better.

Also, Starfox Adventures. The only reason I got that game is because I was 8 at the time, and I regret every second of it I played. The plot is bad enough, but did they have to include a character with breasts?(groans)

verdugo136

Sep 9, 2009
mind jack that game is shit its been a good long time since i saw a game this bad it didn't last one hour in my xbox

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Mirror's Edge
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
DMC 4
Heavenly Sword
Spider-Man 3
Folklore
Mercenaries 2
Just Cause 2
Prince of Persia 2008

Oh how it sucks that I can't rent games anymore.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
None.. Took me almost 20 years to realize I will miss games I trade in. I save all games now and have some nice displays for them

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I've sold plenty of games, mostly because they didn't live up to my standards or because I didn't feel like I'd ever replay them. Naming them all would take up too much time, but I assure you there are some real stinkers in there.

Physics Engine

Aug 18, 2010
Need for Speed: Pro Street.

Actually, strike that. I wouldn't wish that game on my worst enemy. I'll just leave it on my shelf to remind me how bad the NfS games have become.