Games on a plane

Smilas

Apr 3, 2010
Hey Escapist.

I'm in the lucky position to be going to Orlando USA tomorrow.

We have wireless internet in our apartment,but no one else in my family want to risk losing their laptop, so i have to bring mine. (beucause we have to check road directions and such).

Anyway, so now that i have to bring my laptop i might aswell bring it in the plane because it's a pretty long flight from Denmark.

So i was wondering if you guys had some games i could play in the plane? They have to be playable without mouse.

I already have 3 games, and i know alot of you were gonna mention them;

Plants vs. Zombies

Heroes of Might and Magic III

Peggle & Peggle Nights.

Hope you guys have some more games for me :)

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
I am disappointed in the lack of snakes in this thread.

OT: Something simple like Audiosurf should work well, or monopoly. Heck even dicewars can kill a lot of time.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
"I have had it with these Mother F*cking games on this Mother F*cking plane!!"

[sub] Sorry....[/sub]

Okay, I'd recommend an RTS or even a reasonably long length FPS. But above all else, I'd recommend puzzle games. Because you can pick those up and play them any time you want really without having to worry too much about finishing a whole campaign. Besides, it's nice to have something to challenge your mind a little, especially on long flights.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
It'd be nice if you could tell us your laptop specs first, but if you can run it: definitely get stalker: shadow of chernobyl. It's an awesome open world fps and once you get into it it starts being very fun.

Smilas

Apr 3, 2010
Oh yeah sorry, they are nothing special :--)

14.1" WXGA (1280x768)
Intel Core Duo T2500 @ 2.0 GHz
nVidia GeForce Go7600 512MB
2048MB DDR2 PC5300
120GB 7200RPM SATA

Thanks for the suggestions already, epic stuff guys :D

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
RTS is not a good idea IMO without a mouse(I assume it has a trackpad or such) maybe a turn based strategy game instead. Then the speed of your fingers doesn't really matter. To be honest I can't think of any off the top of my head as I'm not into strategy games much. The only one I've played was Star trek: Birth of the Federation. If you can grab a copy then I'd recommend it.

Oh and while it's not turn based DEFCON is a great game and shouldn't tax your laptop as it is graphically basic (very striking and effective graphics, but no fancy 3D physics or such).

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Audio Surf is a great time waster.

I cant think of any games that wouldn't need a mouse though...

If i do remember some ill post an edit.

PDizzle418

Mar 6, 2008
supreme commander, it's fairly system intensive, but you can spend 2+ hours playing a single game and I love building up rediculous bases and then nuking the shit out of computers muahaha

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Beat Hazard, Defcon, Geometry Wars, American Mcgees Alice, Oregon Trail. Great games, all of them.

Would you look at that...2000 posts!

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
I emulate Paper Mario on my computer without any use of the mouse. (The camera angel isn't controlled by the player, but it's almost a side-scroller so it hardly matters.) Maybe play some older console games that don't really require much more than a directional pad or two and an A and B button.

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
Vrex360 said:
"I have had it with these Mother F*cking games on this Mother F*cking plane!!"
That is just brilliant! Thank you sir, you just made my Mother F*cking day!