Games that could justify the purchase of a gaming system.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
It has not been always the case for me, usually I buy a console for what it offers as a whole and not for a specific game, or two. But there were some exceptions. For instance I had bought a Nintendo DS for a specific "game", well you don't exactly call it a game, "Walk With Me", a software with peripherals that allowed you to calculate the everyday distance that you walked. Also two years ago I built my first pure "gaming PC" and the first game that I played was Dead Rising 2, which I could not run with my old machine and that thing played its role in my decision to invest to a new computer.
So do you have in mind some games that lead you to purchase a certain gaming system?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I bought my PS3 solely for Heavy Rain. I followed the game's entire developement, and was so pissed it wasn't coming to the Xbox; a few days before it launched, I decided it couldn't pass it up, went and got a PS3.

Sad thing is, I enjoyed Heavy Rain alot, but the system so underwhelmed me, I've only bought 3 more games for it since February 2010, all exclusives, none of which I enjoyed as much as Heavy Rain.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Xprimentyl said:
I bought my PS3 solely for Heavy Rain. I followed the game's entire developement, and was so pissed it wasn't coming to the Xbox; a few days before it launched, I decided it couldn't pass it up, went and got a PS3.

Sad thing is, I enjoyed Heavy Rain alot, but the system so underwhelmed me, I've only bought 3 more games for it since February 2010, all exclusives, none of which I enjoyed as much as Heavy Rain.
I understand what you say, I have all the Sony consoles from the era of Playstation until now. PS3 seems as the "weakest link" of this family. However there are some exclusives that perhaps can give you some more value to your investment. In case you haven't played them yet: Demon's Souls, the game of the decade in my opinion, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first and the best of the series. These two come first in my mind as the best PS3 games in general. There are a couple of more, like inFamous, Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo 5 that also are worth of your time.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I massively upgraded my pc just for Shogun 2: Total War, and I'm glad I did.

If that counts?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i purchased my ps3 because i wanted to play resident evil 5, and i knew god of war 3 would be out soon so i chose a ps3 over a 360. i guess those 2 made my decision to get a next-gen console.

limberer

Dec 6, 2010
I'm going to buy myself a Nintendo 3DS solely for Kingdom Hearts 3D when it decides to come to the UK...

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i bought ps3 for metal gear solid 4 and i do upgrade my computer specifically to play a game i really want.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Bought another 5850 for Crysis ($300)...

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I bought my previous PC just to play WoW (Core 2 duo and an 8600GT).

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Even though it came out later, I bought my x-box for the orange box. I love the half life series and having TF2 as well as portal sealed the deal.

LiL'Tic

Jan 21, 2009
no single game is worth a system imo not with the cost of these damn things nowadays

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
doomspore98 said:
Even though it came out later, I bought my x-box for the orange box. I love the half life series and having TF2 as well as portal sealed the deal.
Huh. I take it you don't own a PC then... Because source engine games typically run on just about anything.

Convoy

Dec 30, 2011
I just own a 360 but, I would buy a PS3 for:
The Last Of Us,Heavy Rain,Uncharted Series,Jak And Daxter,Sly Cooper.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
I got a 360 pver a ps3 solely because of the Gears of War franchise.
I am now buying a ps3 mainly because of Demon's Souls.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
I bought my Xbox360 for Halo 3, my PS3 for Final Fantasy 12 and LBP and am finding the parts to upgrade my PC for Skyrim.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I bought my PS3 just for MGS4. Since then my collection has grown somewhat (understatement), but I bought my PS3 on the launch day of MGS4. After MGS3 I just had to play it.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
CrystalShadow said:
doomspore98 said:
Huh. I take it you don't own a PC then... Because source engine games typically run on just about anything.
My parents and I are all mac people. Yes I know it's blasphemy to say it, but obviously the mac does not run games on the best quality. So I bought my x-box