Games that have something really good, that isn't gameplay.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
Let's show some appreciation for the little things.

I'll start, with WET. Sure, the gameplay was pretty mediocre and extremely repetitive, but at times, the soundtrack could get really good.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins and Alan Wake had kinda "eh" gameplay but their stories were awesome. But that's not really a "little thing"... I can't think of any games I have solely for the music or such.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The Force Unleashed II, the rain effects were supurb... shame about everything else!

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Metro 2033 has excellent atmosphere. Shame it's such a slog to play through to get to the interesting bits.

Farcry 2 has great fire effects. Also, its very pretty. Everything else.....

Brutal Legend has a great soundtrack, and phenomenal voice acting. I actually kinda like the gameplay...but its not what it could be.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
*Flame Shield*

shadow of the collosus, love the story love the music love the art style but the game frustrates me like hell.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well considering that alot of good games have more than one good attribute lets use some of my favorites.

(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3's soundtrack, Okami's artstyle, God Hand's soundtrack and some of the views available in Dark Souls if one knows where to look.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Every day the same dream apparently has good symbolism. Although that's the ONLY thing it has.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Planescape: Torment and writing. The combat was awkward due to several bad design choices (which is weird because Baldur's Gate had already done it right) and some of the story progression is laughably opaque (talk to a random patron in a random shop in a random part of Sigil to continue) but it's so well written that it makes those flaws seem like nitpicks.