Games that made you cry

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Double post.
Oh well.. might as well use this for something: I haven't actually cried when playing a game, but the Good Ending to Infamous 2 actually Really tugged at my heartstrings.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
People. If you don't know how to do spoiler boxes, quote someone who has done one and see how they did it. If you're afraid of what the boxes might contain, just quote me. It's not that difficult, and you won't get so much hate. I suggest you learn the BBCode immediately.
That was easy wasn't it?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
All I got to say is... Persona 3 and Persona 4. Anyone who has played those games knows what I am talking about. Oh God, those endings... *bawls at thought*

Also, Deadly Premonition. Anyone who has played that game knows what I am talking about (Francis York Morgan, no!!! :'( ).

Also, Crono Trigger. Particularly that one part where... and then he dies... *bawls again*

I could probably think of more if I tried, but those are all the ones that come to mind immediately.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
Alistar's funeral speech at the end of DA:O.

I'm too emotionally jaded to cry at a piece of media but that tugged my heart strings.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I agree with two points already said in the thread.

The good ending of inFamous 2, absolutely surprised me how sad I felt at the end.

The ending of World at War, because the level was so fucking cool and immersive, and the ending made me feel so patriotic, Russian campaign or not.

weker

May 27, 2009
I have never been made to cry by a game or even tear up, but it seem people don't know how to spoiler here sooo, you type ]spoiler[ and ]/spoiler[ with the brackets the other way around okay, you can also put a = between spoiler and ] to add text like so
hi teeheee

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Like many others here, I teared up a bit at the end of Final Fantasy X

Specifically Yuna's speech.

And let this thread be an example to those who say video games can't reach people on an emotional level.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Jaso11111 said:
Few games have managed to make me cry, but the Infamous 2 good ending...
Why Cole why! I loved you, you were great! Ahh...
and the evil ending
when Cole and Zeke face of and you YOU have to press that button three THREE times to kill Zeke, your best friend. I've not been able to play the evil ending since... Zeke!

and ACR but you didn't hear it from me!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
None yet, but Professor Layton and Unwound Future was pretty close. The way the entire game built up like it did was truly impressive.

Timmons

Mar 23, 2010
i've never cried because of a game, but at the end of bioshock 1 i felt SOOO betrayed, so shocked, i was definitely very emotional.

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
JokerCrowe said:
People. If you don't know how to do spoiler boxes, quote someone who has done one and see how they did it. If you're afraid of what the boxes might contain, just quote me. It's not that difficult, and you won't get so much hate. I suggest you learn the BBCode immediately.
That was easy wasn't it?
This. I just had Gears of War 3 ruined for me because it was like oh hey spoiler btw this happens before I could avert my eyes :(

Metal gear solid 1 and 4 made me cry :(

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
The ending to Okamiden. Holy crap, I'm a guy, but it was something so beautiful T_T

Oh, and Hybrid: Eternal Whisper. Though it's an iPhone game, they did the story kinda decent, and honestly, one part (no I won't spoil it) left sad and tearing up when thinking bout it for days. Was so sad >.<

Encentrik

Nov 11, 2011
I would have to say the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 made me cry like no other game. Metal Gear Solid 4 may have had the conclusion to the series and it did end up making me shed a tear on multiple accounts but no game as made me cry as much as MGS3. Anyone who has played that game knows what I'm talking about.

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
Ubermetalhed said:
ParanoidEngineer said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Spoilers below! (I'm saying this because I don't know how do use the "click here to view spoiler")

Okay Malik, hold on, I've almost got you out of there.
What? No, stop coughing, it'll be fine!
NO, GODDAMNIT NO!
*weeps*
I hoped you blamed yourself! You could have saved her if you were good enough!

OT: As alot of people have said Final Fantasy X. I got way too attached to the characters.

I did feel really bad for Snake in MGS4 but no tears there.

Also I have teared up a little from the awesomeness of some games. The ending sections of MGS4 and Okami were just epic.

Well, on Give me Deus Ex difficulty, when I'd just poured most of my ammo into thugs, augments and terroists, no grenades, mainly geared for stealth in combat with robots and snipers, and a whole load of thugs. Can't blame me for sucking, killed the last guy literally as he fired the final shot. Still sad though :/

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
When I was younger, I would always, always cry at the end of Kingdom Hearts the original, no matter how many times I'd seen it that week (yes, I would often beat the game twice or three tiems a week.)

There are also game moments I should be crying for, but I never have. I've built up a pretty crusty armor of cynicism. For example, the Aeris scene is really well done. It's definitely tear-worthy. Me? Never have. Also, Squall carrying Rinoa across the bridge, the penultimate cutscene in LoK: Defiance, and way too many Metal Gear moments for me to even recall.

Danny Shackleford

Mar 29, 2011
Mother 3, i wept like a little girl.

Also metal gear solid 3.

Also Also, i didn't cry per say, but in saints row 2, what happens to Carlos, really bummed me out.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Good lord people spoiler tags, I was hit by at least 8 unwanted spoilers on the first page alone, just quote someone who already did it, it's easy

SEE!?!