Games That Need Anime Adaptations

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Title says it all. Are there any games that you guys think would make a perfect anime adaptation? We've seen it done in the past (some bad, some good), and it seems it is happening more and more these days.

I personally cast my vote in for a BlazBlue anime, its a perfect fit: anime archetypal characters, convoluted plot, a vampire with white hair and a red jacket and a fantasy/sci-fi world that has already been rendered beautifully in an anime style.

Can you guys think of any others?

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Er... why just anime? What about games that aren't Japanese?

Mass Effect movie, anyone?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oooh a Blazblue anime would be awesome!

Um, maybe street fighter? I know they've made an anime movie out of it, but I think a series would be pretty damn cool.

Or perhaps Guilty Gear, and maybe Odin Sphere! That would be cool.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
Call of Duty.

"Kore wa... aks-74u desu"
"kawaii!"
"pew pew pew"
"oh no, sazae-san is using a noob tube and doraemon is a pro quick scope sniper! run! desu..."

It's been a while since I've been to Japan... =_=

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Fappy said:
I personally cast my vote in for a BlazBlue anime, its a perfect fit: anime archetypal characters, convoluted plot, a vampire with white hair and a red jacket and a fantasy/sci-fi world that has already been rendered beautifully in an anime style.
I was just gonna say Blazblue. I've only played Calamity Trigger, but, that intro made me think it'd work great as one.

As for any others, I'd say:

-Bayonetta

I mean, just look at Witchblade. Do it in that same style and you're set.

And...

-Shadow of the Colossus

I somehow see it being made as a film. Similar to Princess Mononoke. I don't really know if it'll translate well.

yjchung

Apr 24, 2011
Minesweeper.
Or World Ends With You, but I have no idea why that game popped into my head. Probably from the art style.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Archetypal anime characters? Archetypal anime plot? Colourful? Lots of epic special effects to use in battles? How can you go worse for anime adaptations than The World Ends With You? It's already got a manga version, so an anime version shouldn't be that difficult. But it'd probably only last one season if they used the established characters... Still, bring in the original VAs for those who had them, get some good ones for characters like Makoto, find ways to make the downtime more interesting and you've got a good chance of a good series.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Probably Persona 3.

I know P4 is getting an anime, but I'd love to see P3 get one as well.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jack the Potato said:
Er... why just anime? What about games that aren't Japanese?

Mass Effect movie, anyone?
They are making a Mass Effect live action movie and an anime.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
Any fighting game with a lot of back story. Seriously, half the time I have no idea what's happening. Then again, I haven't played any fighting games that came out after 2005.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
tanis1lionheart said:
Probably Persona 3.

I know P4 is getting an anime, but I'd love to see P3 get one as well.
P3 got an anime [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona:_Trinity_Soul]... More like a sequel/epilogue to the original story. I'm assuming you mean the actual story of P3, which I would get behind instantly.

I think I'd say... Hm. 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Ah, but that game's story was augmented so heavily by the puzzles... I do like the idea, but the puzzles wouldn't be able to fit into an anime.

I'm... I can't think of anything. Mana Khemia, maybe? Eehhhh I don't know

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
Ahh yes, I'd love to see an anime of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, following the shallow story that came with the special edition. That would be fun eye candy, heh

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
well

PERSONA 3 and Season 2 is is Persona 4

NOW I WANT IT

EDIT: and Catherine