Games that need to be on PSN

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
What games do you want to see on PSN? Specifically, what disc-based games need to have a digital release, classic or otherwise?

My personal big three are Croc, a PS1 platformer and the most adorable game ever made, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil for the PS2 and Folklore for the PS3.

Croc and Folklore are both very nostalgic for me, especially the former. It was one of the only full games I had as a kid and you'd better believe I played the everloving shit out of it. It's been a while, but I remember it being a lot of fun and having pretty great music as well, and I'd be more than willing to spend $6-$10 to see if it holds up.

As for Folklore, it was on of the first games I had on PS3 and also one of the first I bought for myself, and that proved to be $60 well spent. Gorgeous, colourful, weird and unfortunately somewhat rare. The chances of me finding a copy of this game in my town is pretty slim, so being able to download it off PSN would be a godsend.

Klonoa 2 I haven't played yet, but I am a big fan of the first game and I'm itching for more. Again, I think it's a fairly rare game, and it's older to boot, and I think the franchise has enough fans that it'd be worth it for Sony to add it to the classics section.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 (for PS3 not PSP) -_-. I think they even are on the US PSN, just not the UK one

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Hogs of War (PS1)

Because it the best game ever made. It has walking pigs talking in stereotypical accents shooting each other while Rik Mayall commentates.

It also has jetpacks

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
No specific game, I just wish they'd make PSP games playable on PS3. PSP is practically a "classic" system by now, I don't know if they even sell them now. If they're not going to make any money off system sales, might as well make it off game sales...

VajraDante

Apr 9, 2013
I want all Viewtiful Joe games on PSN. That would be awesome. And Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 as ps2 classics.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
The original Medal of Honor. The original Tony Hawk skateboarding. The original... I'm just gonna say all the original games for series that have been played out.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
MajorTomServo said:
No specific game, I just wish they'd make PSP games playable on PS3. PSP is practically a "classic" system by now, I don't know if they even sell them now. If they're not going to make any money off system sales, might as well make it off game sales...
They allow you to do this... if you do it on a Vita. Which I think is a better plan. This why they can get people to buy their struggling console.
I'm not going to run out and buy a Vita to play PSP games. If I wanted them THAT badly, I'd get a $50 used PSP.

I'm just saying, since I don't have a Vita, they'll get zero dollars from me for PSP games.
If I could play them on the PS3 I already own, I don't know how many of my dollars they would get, but it'd be more than zero.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
The Shadow Hearts series and SMT Nocturne, just so I dont have to buy another PS2 just to finally play these games

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Team Buddies, but they need to make the multiplayer online.
Such an awesomely fun game!
I've wanted to get that game again for a long time, since my original disc died. It goes for around £100 on eBay though. Madness!

Onimusha would be pretty nice, Fear Effect 1 and 2, Psychonauts - for the uninitiated, GTA 1 and 2 and I wouldn't say no to some Croc either!

I had this discussion with a friend not long a go and our list was huge, I can't remember half of them now :/

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Lazy said:
as is Psychonauts.
Oh really? I've never noticed. I'm from the EU though, so I don't know if it's different for us.
Funny how I asked for GTA 1 and 2 and a few hours later it is announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123664-Grand-Theft-Auto-1-and-2-Stealing-Their-Way-to-PSN]. Maybe they're watching me!

Edit: A quick google told me that Psychonauts is not on PSN for us EUers :<

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
Max Payne 2, for no other reason than to complete the trilogy.
Scarface: The World Is Yours. I know it's considered a cheap GTA knockoff, but I still liked it. And the actor who voiced Tony did a decent Pacino impression.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I wouldn't mind finally getting a hold of Haunting Ground and Rule of Rose.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
The PS1 version of space hulk vengeance of the blood angels [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rDoADMiwK4] Great squad based tactical FPS based on the board game. Really want to play that again, I would like it if the added it to the PS1 classics on the Vita PSN store.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
BrotherRool said:
Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 (for PS3 not PSP) -_-. I think they even are on the US PSN, just not the UK one
Double on Persona 4 Golden, I want to play it but don't want to have to buy a new handheld for it so having it on PSN would be a big thing for me

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Bug MuIdoon said:
Team Buddies, but they need to make the multiplayer online.
Such an awesomely fun game!
I've wanted to get that game again for a long time, since my original disc died. It goes for around £100 on eBay though. Madness!

Onimusha would be pretty nice, Fear Effect 1 and 2, Psychonauts - for the uninitiated, GTA 1 and 2 and I wouldn't say no to some Croc either!

I had this discussion with a friend not long a go and our list was huge, I can't remember half of them now :/
Team buddies now that was a fun game my buddy still has a copy of that. I would also like to see twin snakes get released on the PSN.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Intelligent Qube-
Fantastic puzzle game. Though truth be told, I've only played the demo.

Bushido Blade-
Weapon based "realistic" fighter. Hamstring your opponents! Inflict a mortal wound in one strike! Run around the entire map pointlessly and jump down a well! <3 this game.