Games that need to be remade or re-released in HD.

JeebTheGamerBoy

Apr 21, 2012
Anything RARE did on the Nintendo 64 (Blast Corps coz why not...) especially Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini.

That being said Winback (not Rare), and Conker's Bad Fur Day - had Ps2 and Xbox re-releases that didn't really add anything (Conker's had 1 or 2 additions)... also weren't technically HD quality... but still

Also, not a HD remake, but Mission Impossible was ported from 64 to Psx and added a voice track and slightly better graphics (or at least looked more vibrant because of PSX cd-based format)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Knights of the Old Republic 2. Pretty up the graphics, add more NPCs so as to make Nar Shaddah etc seem more alive. Release the game the way it was meant to be released ie, fully completed with the HK factory and whatnot.

I'd like to see a compilation of Mother, 2 and, 3 released on the DS or, 3DS but re-done in a similar vain that was done with Pokemon Red and Green. Same basic game only with more attention to detail and maybe a couple of new side-quests and/or characters. Of course If Mother 2 and 3 are released in the US at all that alone would make me happy.

The Nintendo 3DS is capable of giving the world the ultimate Magic the Gathering and, Yu-Gi-Oh games using its augmented reality feature. Nothing specific but just a thought...upon reflection, any device capable of AR could do it but the 3DS is all I know of honestly.

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
BLACK needs an upgrade, as does Far Cry Instincts.

Psi Ops could use a graphical upgrade, and all my money to ta company that releases a bundle pack of remastered Timesplitters games.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Truniron said:
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - still the best in the series and deserves a remake.

Lufia 1 and 2 - underrated GOLD. Holds some of my best memories from the 16-bits era, and should be remade.

Pokemon Trading Card Game - Either make a sequel or remake this with all updated cards from all sets.
They remade Lufia 2. It's split in the middle if its good or not due to its gameplay being like Kingdom Hearts and some story changes.

Eric Morales

Dec 6, 2011
Lets see,several SNES era JRPGs could use a re-release and a coat of new paint. I'm thinking Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IV and Earthbound. Maybe that'd remind the world (and Squenix for that matter) what a GOOD JRPG looks like.

-Chrono Trigger: The time hopping mechanic is interesting and well implemented even if it's a little weird how frequently changing the past almost never comes back to bite you in the ass. Unfortunately Chrono, the main character, is a silent protagonist and he's kind of a dead weight to the story when he's surrounded by characters with actual depth but giving him a voice in a hypothetical HD re-release is something that could go very wrong very easily.

-FFVI: I maintain that this is the best game in the series. The characters are interesting and compelling and I still hold up Terra as one of the better executed female protagonists in gaming. I especially like the bleakness of the world post-apocalypse even if the atmosphere gets a fairly major fracture when you swing by the opera house and see that everything is totally fine :mad:. The game's combat system was also bugged up the ass and there were really weird scaling issues where certain characters and abilities would fluctuate wildly in power so some refining on the gameplay front is in order.

-FFIV: Its a compelling story with some interesting character moments. Just once I'd like to see what that game would be like if the dialogue were translated by someone with more than a rudimentary knowledge of the English language.

-Earthbound: This one might not need it, since the ridiculous cartoonish aesthetic was part of the game's appeal, but at the very least could they localize the entire "Mother" trilogy for western regions.

As a side note: Perfect Dark. Everything that was good about Goldeneye Perfect Dark had in spades. The gameplay actually holds up fairly well even by today's standards and the near future sci-fi spy world was really cool, but I think we can all agree that N64 graphics haven't aged well. As a franchise, I'd like to see it get off the ground.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Sarah Kerrigan said:
I've used the same answer and I'll use it again. System Shock 2. If only EA weren't assholes and were hogging the rights to it.
Oh well, E3 is soon..we can only dream..
While I'd love System Shock 3, I think just a general re-release (like on GOG and Steam) of System Shock 2 would be better than an HD remake. One of the things that made System Shock 2 so disturbing at times was that the graphics were so... inhuman and wrong. The animations were very jerky and strange, and while this would normally be a negative, it clicks perfectly with SS2's enemy style and dialogue. It's similar to a normal person, but something is clearly wrong with them.
OT: As far as HD would go, I think the original Alone in the Dark could be really awesome if someone were to go in and completely remaster the entire game. The gameplay is difficult and clunky, but not as much as Resident Evil. The story is fairly simple, but it has potential to be great if one were to expand on it just a little bit more. The music would be fairly disturbing if properly remixed, and the voice acting was actually really good for an adventure game from 1992.
P.S. I see that Deus Ex is mentioned here a lot, and while I agree that JC Denton's adventures in Conspiracy could definitely use some touching up in the visuals department, there was a reason it looked like that. The game was so big that they pretty much had to cheap down the engine and the visuals if they wanted everything to fit. Deus Ex is a big game; not only in the sense of levels, but in the sense that there were so many possible outcomes to almost every situation. It would take a LOT of work to bring Deus Ex up to modern standards.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I own 13 full copies of Earthbound (12 of them sealed courtesy of Blockbuster) and there's my avatar and all that time I spend waste on Starmen.net...

I don't want a HD upgrade for Earthbound, just a graphical upgrade for the first Mother game, an interface upgrade for Earthbound, and an official translation for Mother 3. Hell, I'll even welcome 3D gladly to get this done. In fact, it may even make it better. Ninty can just consider my wallet and bank account a keg if they release anything like that.

Jan 13, 2012
Ghostwise said:
Baldur's Gate
Yeah, it's pretty much been confirmed that it's getting a re-release.

OT: Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Chain of Memories. All add the combat system from Birth by Sleep with improved graphics and you've just sold yourself another PS3 Sony.

Edit: Oh yeah, and release it Australia please.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Palademon said:
[HEADING=3]Mother[/HEADING]
[HEADING=2]Fucking[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]TIMESPLITTERS![/HEADING]

Sorry. I'm just that enthusiastic. I cannot think of another way to exclaim it.
I am also happy that I was first to say it this time.
Dammit. Beat me to it.

I think Morrowind should be rebuilt on Skyrim's engine. I would love to see the enemies in HD and with more exiting animations....

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
Morrowind!

If that was made with modern graphics and gameplay but the same world and story I would buy 87 copies.

Yeah!

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
The original 3 Myst games. I'd love to see them in HD, especially Riven. And Morrowind. Definitely Morrowind

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
x EvilErmine x said:
Freespace 1 & 2 - Hell they are already quite pretty as is but an HD update would be magnificent.
Dude! It's been open source since 2002. Not only does the source code project improve lighting, and other effects, it also allows content packs known as MediaVPs to improve the models as well.

GamerAddict7796 said:
Morrowind!

If that was made with modern graphics and gameplay but the same world and story I would buy 87 copies.

Yeah!
Once again, there are some nice mods out there.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Donkey Kong 64.

Captcha: baked in a pie

sounds delicious. I'm going to keep saying Donkey Kong 64 until it actually bloody happens (Which it won't, sadly)

Daedalus007

Oct 15, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Daedalus007 said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
I would throw my wallet at Microsoft for an HD remake of Halo 2. Not a half-assed semi-remake like Halo Anniversary. I mean an honest-to-God 100% authentic remake of Halo 2. Glitches and all.

MY MONEYZ. TAKE THEM.
How is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary a semi-remake? Nothing was changed in terms of gameplay, and the graphics were a marginal improvement over Halo 3's. Disregarding that, however, I agree with you about Halo 2. Certain aspects of the game - especially the levels that take place in New Mombasa - have a lot of potential in the graphics department, while the gameplay has a raw, inherent fun to it.
From what I've seen/heard, Halo Anniversary used Halo Reach's multiplayer format. Jetpacks and bullshit like that. I don't want to play Halo Reach. I want to play Halo goddamn 2. I want it to be EXACTLY how I remember it.
To be fair to the developers, the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary package was intentionally a complete remake of the campaign with an expansion to existing Halo: Reach multiplayer, but I understand your point.