Games That Should Be Remade.

Tripodicus

May 16, 2010
I've Been Thinking About Games I Used To Play On PS2, Which I Devoted As Much Of My Spare Time To As Possible,
And I Was Thinking Of Games I'd Like To See Again But More Modern For Next Gen Consoles.
Games Such As:
Shadow Of Rome
Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3
Wild 9
Final Fantasy 7
Sims 2, Maybe
Dragon Ball Z Budokai
Pokemon Colloseum
R.E Nemesis (With Actual Zombies And Not Just P****d Off Natives)

There Are Many More But These Were The Only Ones I Could Think Of,
Any Other Games?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dark Sector. If they actually put some effort into completing the damned thing I'm sure it could actually be a good game...

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No. I don't think any games should be remade.

There's really no point in remaking anything except to cash in on its name.

And why would you remake something that came out just a few years ago?

McBurks

May 8, 2009
Tripodicus said:
I've Been Thinking About Games I Used To Play On PS2, Which I Devoted As Much Of My Spare Time To As Possible,
And I Was Thinking Of Games I'd Like To See Again But More Modern For Next Gen Consoles.
Games Such As:
Shadow Of Rome
Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3
Wild 9
Final Fantasy 7
Sims 2, Maybe
Dragon Ball Z Budokai
Pokemon Colloseum

There Are Many More But These Were The Only Ones I Could Think Of,
Any Other Games?
I agree with remaking all 3 Metal Gears for the PS3 and a new Wii-make for Colosseum but DBZ Budokai did have a remake called Burst Limit,same roster new combat system.

NyteRaven

Nov 12, 2009
For me, I'd be really into the idea of remaking G-Police 1/2 as freeware style games.

Tripodicus

May 16, 2010
Personally I Think The Way They've Tried To Make It All 3D Has Ruined The Fun, Speed And Style Of It All.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Dungeon Keeper
Theme Hospital
Deus Ex
Metal gear remakes for the ps3 4 would be epic.
Shadowrun RPG/MMO anything really with a modern engine and mechanics would be a game i been hoping for for the last 5 years or more.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Metal Gear series can die now. Let's all let it die, thanks.

It was originally a shallow character infiltrating a complex, sneakily like, filled with cartoony villains. Everyone put up with the ridiculous plot, because it was great with original stealth gameplay (even though it was actually "waiting" gameplay, i.e. wait for patrol patterns) and it was enjoyed by all, immensely.

Then they went to 2, and 3, and 4, and all the other spin-offs, essentially removing all stealth elements and turned it into a complete Action game with "stealth elements". So what does that leave us, the players, with..? The ridiculous plot that and shitty characters that everyone put up with, minus the awesome stealth? Yeah, pretty much. The 5th is supposed to be you as the cyborg ninja.

As the angry video game nerd would say.. What a shit load of fuck.

I can't think of any game that I would want a remake of, to be honest. The ones that I would have wanted a remake of, have all had sequels that put the original into the dirt, and turned me off completely. Others.. eh, there might be some, but doesn't warrant a remake. I'd rather something new and original.

DarthVanitas

Pure Darkness
May 16, 2010
I'd rather games didn't get remade. It's much more interesting when the devs come up with something new.

Apr 28, 2008
I could swear I've seen [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.191108-What-Games-Should-Be-Remade-or-Have-A-Sequal] this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.190032-I-wish-there-was-a-remake-thread] before.

OT: Timesplitters.

Why? Because the Timesplitters games are the best FPS games ever. I have yet to play a game filled with so much pure fun than the Timesplitters games.

Now if you'll excuse me, I dance:

Other choices:

Power Stone - most fun fighting games ever.
Grandia 2 - Favorite combat system of all JRPG's.
Sonic Adventure - The only good 3-D sonic game.
Maximo - So underrated it hurts.
Kingdom Under Fire - Combines RTS with 3rd person hack 'n' slash. Its lots of fun.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - You have a crossbow on your arm that shoots woodland critters that viscously mauls your enemies.

Remakes that I have gotten:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Pokemon Silver

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Knights of the Old Republic w/ Mass Effect's conversation system.
Jade Empire w/ Mass Effect's conversation system.
Half Life in the Source Engine.
Rome Total War in Empire Total War's engine.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
That privateer game spoony likes. That looks fun but it would never play on my newfangled tech.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Banjo and Kazooie. While N&B was good it I'd rather have an updated platfomer.

That and Star Wars: Podracer.

Tripodicus

May 16, 2010
MaxChaos said:
Tripodicus said:
Ain't played much Nemesis, have you.

OT- Mario Tennis.
Actually, I Have, I Meant Cause They've Released Like 3 Later Ones With No Actual Zombies, The 'P****d Off Natives Was Refering To R.E 5.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Fallout 1
Fallout 2.

I just mean like updating the graphics, and possibly updating the 'Talking Head' scenes.