Games that should have never existed.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
We've all suffered some severe disappointment in a game that, in the end, we wish had never been created. It could have been because it ruined your favourite series, or because it created some horrible gameplay mechanic that you hate (like, say, QTEs), or because it contained things that you wish you'd never seen. Either way, in your books, it should fall into oblivion.

So tell us all about those hateful games of yours. Ranting may be allowed, but with some consideration in mind.

I'll get the ball rolling:

I wish Duke Nukem Forever didn't exist. It's just depressingly bad, and I think if it took so long to develop, it should have stayed that way.
I'll also add all Sonic games past 3 into the list. My childhood nostalgia has been ruined. Sonic should've stay a side-scrolling 8-bit of blue blurriness, and kept my old gaming memories intact.

Fire away.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Oblivion, that unimmersive, bland, bug ridden piece of sh... well, waste of money that is.
Only way to make it even remotely enjoyable is by heavy modding (good luck with that, console players).

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
There are so many but I will try to keep it short.

Final Fantasy 13- Bad story, bad gameplay, worse characters. It looked good that was it.
Bioshock 2- Bioshock did not need a sequal. Bioshock was not set up for a sequal.
Star wars the force unleashed 2- all of 4 hours long with buggy, repetative gameplay.

I cannot deside if FF 10-2 should be on this list because as much as I hated the game it had one exeption. I like the cleche happy ending where everybody lives happy ever after and 10-2 gave me that ending (which should have been at the end of 10!)

Gaute Eiterjord

May 4, 2011
Lord of The Rings: Conquest.

Urgh, why did they even bothered. It's like if the game was made solemny for the purpose of raising my expectations skyhigh and then farting in my face when i got to know it.

I'm wandering off-topic here, but a game that should have existed is Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Unfortunately, it dropped dead before birth.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
Lucyfer86 said:
Oblivion, that unimmersive, bland, bug ridden piece of... well, waste of money that is.
Only way to make it even remotely enjoyable is by heavy modding.
Of all the games to choose... that's easily my favorite game of all time. And won Game of the Year. And is considered by many as, along side Mass Effect, the best RPG in the last decade.

I'd say, every Fable after Fable: Lost Chapters, Crysis 2, the single player sides of Bad Company 1 and 2, and Every COD after 4.

Bling1907

Dec 28, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas. It looks like a re-release with little new elements. Simply could made as a DLC.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Scythax said:
Lucyfer86 said:
Oblivion, that unimmersive, bland, bug ridden piece of... well, waste of money that is.
Only way to make it even remotely enjoyable is by heavy modding.
Of all the games to choose... that's easily my favorite game of all time. And won Game of the Year. And is considered by many as, along side Mass Effect, the best RPG in the last decade.

I'd say, every Fable after Fable: Lost Chapters, Crysis 2, the single player sides of Bad Company 1 and 2, and Every COD after 4.
Yes well, people have strange tastes when it comes to games, i just never could understand what's so great about Oblivion anyway (but i know majority feels just the opposite), as i'm also shocked to see game like Crysis 2 on your list, that's one of my all time favorite fps game, at least on single player.

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
Red faction 1 and 2 >.>
Ricochet

There's quite a few more. But there more obvious and so there's no point listing them.
Some games are just... Bad. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist, as if the industry learns from them then that's good.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Crysis 2 story is no more than medicore and the multiplayer is completely broken and crytek dosn't want to fix the multiplayer.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
-Final Fantasy XIII: Billed as a game..."Plays" like a movie. Also,much like XI and XII,shows very obvious signs of shark jumping.

-Duke Nukem Forever: This may,more or less,be me growing up,but I find the game too infantile and purile to have any reason being.

-Every Call of Duty,after 3: Dead horse cash cow franchise. Let it STAY DEAD.

-Sports games as a genre: If you want to play lacrosse,hockey,or football...Go play it yourself. If you can afford the console and game,you can afford to play for real.

That's my opinion. Any questions?

ripdajacker

Code Monkey
Oct 25, 2009
Terminator: Salvation: ~4-5 hour game with bad story, not really immersive, no challenge AND it's a full-priced game. Probably one of the baddest games on the 360 ever.

Resident Evil 5: Repetitive, inpenetrable plot, hardly a horror game.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
lukeyk said:
Some games are just... Bad. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist, as if the industry learns from them then that's good.
While I do agree to some point, did games like FFX-2 really teach anything? Other than to leave alone a story that worked for its seriousness and sadness, instead of making a cheesy, happy fan-service spin-off.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
ripdajacker said:
Terminator: Salvation: ~4-5 hour game with bad story, not really immersive, no challenge AND it's a full-priced game. Probably one of the baddest games on the 360 ever.
The funniest part of that game was when you fight the first skinjob. How the fuck did they think anyone would think that wasn't a robot?

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
Superman Returns

DN:F

Every CoD after 4

Realistic Sports Games

and many more games my brain refuses to remember

ripdajacker

Code Monkey
Oct 25, 2009
CarrionRoc said:
The funniest part of that game was when you fight the first skinjob. How the fuck did they think anyone would think that wasn't a robot?
Indeed :) The worst part of it is that it probably cost a lot to make, not considering the licensing fees. The game in programming terms was not badly written, and was quite functional, but imagine what all those hollywood dollars could have been used on in the hands of an actual game designer.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Note: I am not doing this to troll.

Every Call of Duty game since the 3rd one. They have completley killed the shooter genre to me.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm getting sick of saying E.T. and Superman 64 so I'm going with something new: Hotel Mario and Mario is missing. I hear they were both pretty god awful.

Also, Mass Effect 4, which actually ripped space-time and created a black hole that destroyed its own existence.Nothing else...

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Two worlds, the sequel was a bit better but the first game was the worst piece of shit virtual torture I have eveeeer playied, it was even worse then *shrudders* ugh, Dugeon Siedge 3 and that was complete and utter evil!

But nothing ele exept all the Call Of Dutys after CoD 4, Long Live Call Of Duty 4!

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
CoD 4. It was a really good game but what it spawned is the hell of all FPS multiplayers trying to mimic it and not to mention the rest of the CoD games. Hell if it wasnt for battlefield I'd probably have killed myself.