Games that should have sequels or successors...

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Kirby's Air Ride.

Seriously, iv spent HOURS at a time just messing around in City Trial Free Ride.
Its Fun, pure fun.

Imagine Air ride on the Wii with full Wifi for Air Ride, Top Ride, and City Trial.

It would be AWESOME.
This.

Also:

Dark Cloud 2/ Dark chronicles deserves another sequel, best damned RPG I have played.

War of the Monsters

Metal Arms: glitch in the system

Bloody roar needs a current gen version.

Mirrors edge NEEDS a sequel too.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
random_bars said:
Brutal Legend. That game was just such an awesome take on the RTS genre, and I'd love to see something like it. Preferably not a direct sequel, though, but something with the same kind of mechanics, like Sacrifice before it but in another new setting.
I was going to say the same thing, but axe (no pun intended) the RTS elements and make it more hack'n'slash. I really enjoyed it more up until the stage battles, but once it got to those it seemed less open world and more stage battle, drive to next area, stage battle, drive to next area, and so on...

Pyroguekenesis

Jan 20, 2010
EmzOLV said:
I would have really loved to have seen a Mirrors Edge too (I think there are a few others on this forum where this may also be the case)

Yeah the first had a few faults, but they could be amended!
Either way, not going to happen. Would just love to see it.
Huh?! Are you serious?
But they said they would make Mirror's Edge 2. GO to the website, they confirmed it and they also have polls up on what the next sequel should have like 2 player/multiplayer/sandbox etc...

Turbulenssi

Apr 6, 2010
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

I love World of Darkness universe and it definitely deserves more games based on it.

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
Pyroguekenesis said:
These are games that which you think, should/would/need/might/really/better have sequels or spiritual successors...

Feel free, to add in games you think should never have had predecessors...

Feel free to add in your own views on sequels too!

To quoth Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw (was it him?) - who said that games should never have had sequels and that every new game should be innovative and creative. If that were to happen, then many masterpieces of games would not exist - as he said about Shadow of the Colossus, it defies genre, theres nothing else like it and it's just that damn, damn, good, damn etc...

So there ye go.
Have fun!

well technically shadow of the colossus was a prequel to ico....

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
Turbulenssi said:
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

I love World of Darkness universe and it definitely deserves more games based on it.
I agree. I'm pretty sure a World of Darkness MMO is in the works if you can count that.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Pyroguekenesis said:
EmzOLV said:
I would have really loved to have seen a Mirrors Edge too (I think there are a few others on this forum where this may also be the case)

Yeah the first had a few faults, but they could be amended!
Either way, not going to happen. Would just love to see it.
Huh?! Are you serious?
But they said they would make Mirror's Edge 2. GO to the website, they confirmed it and they also have polls up on what the next sequel should have like 2 player/multiplayer/sandbox etc...
Hmm I went on the website but nothing on the official one. Some interesting news article confirming it, but I guess I had just jumped to conclusions after reading some of the news articles on here showing its poor sales, etc etc.

Couldn't find the poll though. I'll keep my eye out for it.
Anyway, I'm ill ^^ I can't think on more than one train of thought right now ^^

alinos

Nov 18, 2009
the.chad said:
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Probably the best star wars game to come out in some time. They set it up for a possible sequel but have obviously forgotten about it =(
i know awesome game

and given everyones "AHHHHHH WHERES MY 4 PLAYER CO OP" it would fit even better

but as usual the good things in the star wars universe are forgotten while lucas crams out more crud

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Alan Wake.

Amazing game, great story that was actually enhanced through DLC, and it all ends on a cliffhanger.

I need this sequel.

Thatguykalem

Dec 13, 2010
Well, as a few have already mentioned, Metal Arms: Glitch In The System really needs a sequel.

Another game that is in dire need, is Freelancer. I loved that game. I've played through it so many times, found every secret there is to find, bought every badass ship and weapon, and just thoroughly kicked ass. Freelancer 2 would make me cry with happiness.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
Pretty much everything by Troika, but it would have to be made by the same team for concept/design, with some additional editting and without publishers forcing an early release.

Also: Giants, Citizen Kabuto

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
We Require Additional Battlefronts.
And Additional Retro Game Challenges.
And More Rhythm Heaven.
And a Portable Smash bros.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Seriously, why there is still no Imperial Commando/ Republic Commando just makes no sense. Easily the best Star Wars game out there. Castle Crashers 2 would also be nice.