Games that you liked that had been deemed mediocre or hated by official game reviews.

BurroDiablo

Mar 5, 2009
Superpower 2 was severely underrated. It was a very complicated Geo-political game, had very few players, but those who did play it rated it a lot higher than the critic's did.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
Bebopcola2021 said:
Calax said:
dynasty Warriors..

:hides under a table:
*hides under table with you* I like Dynasty Warriors too
It's amazing how so many people like it but they get shouted down by the people who say "IT'S THE SAME GAME AGAIN AND AGAIN" then go purchase madden... >.>

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
The Gothic series on PC.

Some of the crappest and clunkiest controls ive ever seen in a game, but the 3 games have a really good storyline. So I liked them, lot of replay value too personally.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
You know, I've always hated game raters because i've never seen a rating below 7 in my life. So I wouldn't know, but maybe F-Zero. (all of them)

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Bob Saget said:
Tattaglia said:
Urban Chaos: Riot Response. I think it was okay with critics, but it deserved far more praise than it got. You could kill people with meat cleavers, watch them fall off a building and listen to their head cracking on the pavement - all in slow motion! And the Riot Shield is a frickin' awesome idea, too bad most FPSes went for regenerating health instead.

Sad face.
Wow, and I thought I was the only person who liked that game.
Whoa, so other people HAVE played that game. I think Urban Chaos is a great game, even though it was either ignored or given a lukewarm response. This may be due to the fact that it was released at the end of the Xbox's lifespan and people were already moving on to the 360. Sure the plot and live action "TV news" cutscenes were cheesy as hell, but that's part of its charm. I agree that the riot shield was a stroke of genius, and watching someone's head explode or their body topple from four stories in slow-mo never gets old.

Gazok

Feb 28, 2009
Well, I get that a lot of people said my choices were very popular at the time. It's true, but those are games I still play regularly now.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Alone In The Dark, Quantum of Solace and Earth Defence Force 2017
are all games I enjoy despite bad reviews

Chezzz

Dec 2, 2008
Two Worlds

Just kidding, played demo thought i'd sen better games made of porridge

Deschamps

Oct 11, 2008
Mine would be Indigo Prophecy (or Fahrenheit). It definitely had some flaws, and it's by no means a perfect game, but I've never seen anything like it before or since (with the possible exception of Heavy Rain, whenever that's being released). I genuinely enjoyed that game, and I see my playing of it as time well spent, unlike CoD:WaW.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Ace of Spades said:
Mirror's Edge. I don't care what anyone says.
QFT. I think it was Edge magazine that gave it 5/10 and that was what initially dissauded me from buying it. Really glad I eventually picked it up though, thanks to a review video I saw on that actually did the right thing and praised it for its original take on things.

I sincerely hope they come up with a sequel, but even if they don't, I at least know I've done my part.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
The Last Remanant, IGNs only valid argument was it was hard, and its true but I love it ^.^

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I liked Vampire Rain despite its flaws. My friend hates it because he tried to play it like Halo and got killed almost instantly. I tried to point out it was a stealth game but he wouldnt listen!