Games that you stopped playing because of other players.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

.. I didn't completely stop playing it, but every time there's a lot of people with mics saying the most .. oddball things lol. Mostly trash talking, others making 'meow' noises or weird sounds just to annoy, and even times they rage at you because you killed them before they could kill you. However it gets so bad that even muting them doesn't help because then they'll use the characters to troll their own teams by spinning around, shooting the ground, or jump around until killed. So annoying I must say.

The only good multiplayer i've come to enjoy fully is Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
It's called mute, buddy.

OT: I've tried to stop being so whiny about MP games, I mean I used to take shit way too personally. I don't know if any of you remember my TF2 thread from many moons ago. I've been trash-talked, and yelled at and accused of being a pedophile and a "40-year-old virgin" (fucking kids), but I still play because I'm not going to let some anonymous asshole on the internet have that much power over me.

Going back to that TF2 thread, it got to the point where the guy who had trashtalked on the game I was bitching about actually registered an account on here and went into the thread to bash me some more. I still play the game though, now I tend to find people who rage at it funny because it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously, so it's funny to see people being so serious about it.

djmanat

Apr 12, 2010
Aion:
My boyfriend and I bought the special edition extra special shiny deluxe version before it came out, and we had fun with it. That is, until we were out of the safe areas. I was solo questing and gathering when I got absolutely MURDERED by a really high level. When I went back out there a bit later, I got killed again. So I quit.
Months, maybe years later the game went F2P, so we gave it another shot. Got a little further this time, but again got frustrated at being randomly killed by people who just feel like being dicks.

APB:Reloaded
Boyfriend and I gave it a shot, looked kind of interesting. I was absolutely horrible at it, but with some practice I got better... Until we started running into people using cheats and hacks.

Yes, I'm a sore loser. But I'd rather have fun playing PvE than get pissed off all the time playing PvP- that's the point of games, isn't it? To enjoy yourself?

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Skyrim and Portal. Mostly because of the bloody memes associated with each ('I took an arrow to the knee' and 'The cake is a lie' respectively) Which made me feel kind of... Gross for associating with these kinds of people.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I suspect at this point, League of Legends would have been my pick, but I actually stopped playing on account of my router model not playing nice with PandoMediaBooster (which basically causes me to be unable to connect to LoL's game servers for any sustainable period of time).

Though from what I've seen, it's become one of the absolute worst gaming communities out there.
High population (low skill) with a generally high ego + gameplay where teamwork is critical = Hotplate of shit.