Games That You Want Made, But Probably Won't.

UlteriorMotive

May 28, 2009
Probably either Dungeon Keeper 3, I never got tired of building dungeons full of minions, or another Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, I miss that show but the video game was fun and simple.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
I want to see some incarnation of Fear Effect: Inferno. Saw just enough cutscene-footage from the cancelled project to get curious. Plus the cast is likeable yet messed up. I'm not even insisting it would be a good game, I'm just dying to know how the story would unfold.

Also second the RPG that doesn't escalate to saving the whole frickin' existence as we know it.

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Offworlder said:
TheLaofKazi said:
snip
I could go on with this idea for pages lol. I've put a lot of thought into this idea. But alas, I have no idea how to make games.
That sounds awesome. I'm the same, I have so many ideas but no way to get them out into a game.
Yeah, it sucks. I tried learning how to use Source SDK, but it's so time consuming. The program I'm most experienced with is the world creator for Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. But you can't exactly make full games with that.

Ekonk said:
A graphical update and port of all old Ratchet and Clank games to the PS3. :C Please, Insomniac.
This just reminded me.

I want all the new Ratchet and Clank games to be ported to the 360 and the PC.

In fact, I would want as many games to break console exclusivity as possible. I'm tired of it. I mean, to a degree, like there's not much of a point in porting a game from the Wii that relies heavily on the motion controls to the 360, PS3 or PC, or the other way around with a lot of games. But pretty much any game that runs on the 360 can work on the PS3 and vice versa, and with any game on those two consoles, there's going to be PC's that can run it, and in many cases, better then the consoles.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
A Star Wars or Lord of the Rings MMORPG for the 360. Gameplay similar to Oblivion would make it awesome.

Jindrax

Aug 24, 2008
Kotor 3, Republic commando 2, Battlefront 3, Ps3 remake for the entire MGS series, a Megaman game with the same 2d gameplay nothing changed, just next gen gfx. Curious what that would look like

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
I also want to see a decent psychological horror game that has the capability to be unpredictable. So many horror games I see just have pre-written events that are trigger by you moving through a certain area. Imagine the FEAR series where Alma isn't just part of some pre-written events, but actually has AI and thinks on her own. It would probably be extremely difficult to make, but I love to see it done. It adds so many possibilities, and every time you play the game it would be different, the unpredictability would make it truly frightening.

delanofilms

Apr 25, 2009
A pokemon game, with the gameplay of the gba/ds ones, but on a console, like Colosseum.
I would buy a wii for that.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Pfff, here I go, check this out.
- A Mario game made by Suda51.
- A Final Fantasy game made by Bethesda with the division that takes care of The Elder Scrolls series.
- A Pokémon game made by BioWare, but not the guys who made Sonic Chronicles, I mean the guys who made Mass Effect.
- Darkstalkers 4.

Dreyan

Aug 12, 2009
FieryTrainwreck said:
I can't think of a better prospect than an epic action rpg set in the Ico/SotC universe. Especially if they can somehow figure out a way for it to never end.
AMEN, a thousand times amen.

Rocksa

Jul 26, 2008
A sequel to Square Enix's R.A.D. Giant robots fighting in huge cities, raining destruction down on everything around. Maybe make it so that your actual character can really fight this time around, like maybe give you a choice of a power source, like psychic fighter, cyborg stuff, magic, etc. Let you set your robot on autopilot so you can run into a building to save people or something while you get to catch glimpses of your chosen giant robot battling out of the windows you pass by.

As far as original stuff, well, I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto-ish zombie game that really focused on survival. Like you need to find food and such to just survive day to day, along with all the normal weapons and ammo, as well as building supplies to fortify whatever place you're holed up in. Make it something like, well, maybe the zombies aren't so active during the day, some of them are out, but most are forced into dark places and such. There's other survivors for you to gather up and each will add to your defense and your ability to gather things, but they also place a strain on your resources, and then you have some special survivors that you can find that really add stuff to your base and whatnot, kinda suikoden style, some can craft certain things for you, a chef can make your food go longer, stuff like that. You can either go the solo route, or start gathering up people, but more people means more zombies coming at you at night. Also a few different 'bases' spread about the city, so as soon as you clear one out, you get to face a choice of splitting your people up between your holdings or solidifying everybody in one big place.

Things are complicated by the fact that there are other survivor groups out there to compete against, and while you could perhaps take them on on your own, you really need some people at your back to pull off pushing them out of their own bases. You raid them for supplies, they raid you. You can maybe even try to reach a truce with them, but most of them hate one of more of the others. Maybe have a group of former criminals and gangsters, group of semi-rogue military guys who got left behind in the quarantine, the corporate scientists and their mercenary buddies, and maybe even a group of former law enforcement and emergency service guys. You have to choose between staying in the city and trying to chance it in the countryside.

Combat would be varied, you could go at it like Sam Fisher, stealthing about, or maybe just try to be like Master Chief, and go in guns blazing.

Real fun comes in with how the game will change depending on how many recruits you have. Get one guy, you've got a buddy tagging along with you like Army of Two, get a few more, suddenly you're playing a squadbased shooter like Rainbow Six. Keep getting survivors together, and suddenly it's like an RTS where you have to coordinate the missions of several squads, to either retrieve resources, guard areas, take out bad guys, or much more. Keep going, and it's almost like an odd version of Civilization, where you have to manage your entire group of survivors, dictating which areas of tech they look into, like specially crafted weapons for your forces and whatnot.

Toss in some rpg elements, like you level up and you can focus on stealth, guns, crafting, and whatnot. Stealth skills are all about you getting around without being seen, maybe even toss in some parkor type skills to help you leap around the city, guns would help you aim better and maybe increase your damage with certain weapons or give you some special abilities. Crafting is all about you making better gear and improving the things you already have.

Sounds fun to me anyway, but it'll probably never happen.