Games that you want made, but will never happen.

b0bs0

Oct 26, 2009
A Mirrors Edge 2, but set in a sandbox world. That would be unspeakably awesome.

khain13

Apr 25, 2009
An updated version of Blaster Master done in first or third person view. That tank was awesome.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
khain13 said:
An updated version of Blaster Master done in first or third person view. That tank was awesome.
They did that. It was called Blaster Master: Blasting Again.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
SageRuffin said:
I want a fighting game that features "urban" character designs and a hip-hop themed soundtrack. No punk-ass celebrities, no skewed stories about "getting up" while still trying to be a thug, none of that. Just pure characters in "street clothes", so to speak, and a hip-hop soundtrack.

On that note, the Def Jam games do *not* count in my eyes. The mechanics are too unconventional for me to qualify them as fighters (and don't get me started on Def Jam Icon).
There's a game called Beat Down Fists of Vengeance that came out for the old x box that's pretty close to what you're describing. It doesn't really have a hip hop sound track though.

I can't say anything about Def Jam Icon but I thought the second one was great. Stupid as hell story aside it has the best character creator/customizor ever made. You could pick the exact height and weight you wanted and everything. You could do everything except make a female fighter (sorry ladies). Even Saints Row 2's character creator isn't as good as Def Jam 2 fight for NY's. Combat wise it plays more like a wrestling game than a martial arts fighting game, but it still works very well. Plus you could throw Sean Paul in front of a Subway, and that's always fun.

The only reason I don't own this game today is for some retarded reason it had no online multilayer. Someone should have been fired for that decision because it would have been the perfect X-box Live game.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
ToonLink said:
I'd like to see a full on Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Full on 2D platforming goodness.
Have you heard of Project Needlemouse? If not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Needlemouse

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
The Unskilled78 said:
Some sort of massive MMO where everyone is a pirate and everything is player-run. For Example, if you're captain of your own galleon, every single one of your crew is another player. same with the merchant vessel that you see off in the distance. Same with the guy who mined/processed the goods that are in the cargo holds of that ship. the parots would be NPCs, though.

(is that EVE online?)
Puzzle Pirates. Don't let the cartoony graphics turn you off its actually pretty deep and you can do pretty much all the stuff you're describing. It's also got puzzle games instead of grinding for xp. It's free to play but you'll need to either buy points or pay for a subscription to unlock some of the features.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

There's also this one too.
http://www.burningsea.com/page/home

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Me, I'd like to see a 3d Pokemon game where the animation isn't horrible. What happened to the Pokemon Stadium games? They were fun to play, had good graphics (for their time) and had some entertaining mini-games to keep the actual Pokemon fights entertaining.

I say we pretend Battle Revolution never happenend, and go make Pokemon Stadium 3.

clipped crow

Nov 27, 2009
Either a Condemned:3, Farcry:3, JSR:3/JSRF:2(I will make love to it), 3D trials HD, and basically a game that's Farcry:2's map maker with a decent infection mode.

Edit: Also, how about a REAL red alert:3? Not the slop that was made recently, but a good one!

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
Age Of Mythology 2: RTS at it's best.
Evolutionist: My idea for a game. The summary;
You start out breeding two real animals, and you control which animals breed, eventually creating a sentient species.

khain13

Apr 25, 2009
I so need to find that Master Blaster game for PS1, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Portal 2.
[small]It's not happening is it? ValvE forgot about their loyal fans, and Chell. What happened to Chell? I want to know! Stop making zombie games. They don't have any story! Bring back a story! Please? No? . . .[/small]

You all know I'm right.
Gunblade7303 said:
a dark pokemon game
I'm completely with you on that one. I want to see Mr. Mime bleed

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Sporky111 said:
Portal 2.
[small]It's not happening is it? ValvE forgot about their loyal fans, and Chell. What happened to Chell? I want to know! Stop making zombie games. They don't have any story! Bring back a story! Please? No? . . .[/small]

You all know I'm right.
Gunblade7303 said:
a dark pokemon game
I'm completely with you on that one. I want to see Mr. Mime bleed
i mean, make them more like the comics (Shut up, i was a kid) i mean, i remember in one scene i saw a Arbok get CUT IN HALF i would love to see that in pokemon!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
KylethePeon said:
Journeythroughhell said:
A grand MMO about war with a global map, clear army ranks, different factions and different types of gameplay for pilots, soldiers, snipers, generals etc. etc.
Developed in collaboration by IW, Paradox, DICE, Relic, Ubisoft / IO Interactive, Maddox Games.
Insane, isn't it?
Sounds like MAG mixed with Battlefield.
...mixed with Il-2, mixed with Call Of Duty, mixed with Hearts Of Iron.

vampirekid.13

May 8, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
A grand MMO about war with a global map, clear army ranks, different factions and different types of gameplay for pilots, soldiers, snipers, generals etc. etc.
Developed in collaboration by IW, Paradox, DICE, Relic, Ubisoft / IO Interactive, Maddox Games.
Insane, isn't it?
it would fail miserably because its not created by blizzard.

i mean lets admit it blizzard hasnt made many games, but all of them won the game of the year and are mutli billion dollar in sales by now

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
vampirekid.13 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Insane, isn't it?
it would fail miserably because its not created by blizzard.

i mean lets admit it blizzard hasnt made many games, but all of them won the game of the year and are mutli billion dollar in sales by now
So, everything that is not made by Blizzard will fail miserably?
Do I get your point right?

The Only

Sep 23, 2009
Guitar Hero 20446667908 might come out this year
im so excited for the violin controller

Mercsenary

Oct 19, 2008
Half Life 2 Episode 3(Barret .50 caliber)

WHY? why, you ask? Episode 1, June 2006. Episdoe 2, October 2007. Little more than a year apart. Not bad(Pretty good actually) for episodic gaming. Episode 3, Oh wait I forgot, IT DOESNT EXIST YET. I think Game Informer said that the rumor is that 2010 no Half Life. So yeah 3+ years Valve. Good job on the episodic gaming platform. Zombies and 1950's gunfights are fun but I want to know wtf happens to the HL universe.