Games which were great, and then got rubbish at the end.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Mass Effect 2, the first half was enjoyable, getting to see new parts of the galaxy and new characters. Everything right up until the final boss, being some kind of sentient human shaped reaper kind of made everything the Collector's were doing seem stupid. The idea of fighting a giant terminator just kind of pulled me away from the intensity of the situation.

gyroc1

Nov 26, 2011
I'll say Okamiden. It just started to feel samey at the end.
The game did time-travel twice, and they introduced a random character from out of nowhere. And I think the random sequel hook was kinda stupid. I think that was the effect of Capcom getting the game from Clover.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Assassins Creed 2. Meet the big bad evil guy. Beat the crap out of him, don't kill him.

uh, what? I murdered half of Europe to get to this guy.

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
endtherapture said:
What games have you played that were great for most of the game, but then during the end of the game just completely lost it?

I've recently been playing Assassin's Creed, but I rage quit (today in fact) in one of the last memory blocks. The game was fun, doing all free running, assassinating, merging into crowds, going into the shadows....

....until the latter half of Memory Block 6, in which I'm suddenly expected to swordfight about 20 opponents at once, several times in a row, not being an Assassin at all just some epic swashbuckler. On my fifth try of *that* Templar fight, I just gave up. Going to have to YouTube the rest of the game before I get to start AssCreed2 which is a massive shame :(
I did the same thing at exactly the same point in the game haha.

Don't lose heart, though! Youtube that son of a gun and get AC2. It's SOOO much better than the first one, but you're going to want to know how it ended.

As far as my vote goes... well... I guess this isn't really fair but it does still stick out in my mind:

Crono Cross.

There isn't an ending the first time you beat it. Boss dies, and it goes to credits. As I'm sure most of you (any JRPG players anyway) know, there are actually several endings to the game, and you find them all by beating the game at different points in the story. You get to keep the item that lets you summon the final boss for subsequent playthroughs along with an item that lets you speed up time in the game, so it was kind of interesting and also keeping with the idea of alternate timelines the game lays out for you.

I was massively pissed off the first time I beat it though, since I had no idea this was the case.