Games with Glitches Ruining It

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Mostly I just feel like bitching, and maybe you do too!

I bought Dirt 3 just last week. The game is fun, much like the first two. But it has some pretty terrible flaws. First of all, if you play it in DX11 (on PC) the game will randomly crash on you. All the time. Usually after you complete the first stage of a rally, just to really fuck with you. The "fix" is to run the game in DX9 which mostly works, although I still had a couple crashes. But let's call it fixed... So I turn it on to play yesterday and my damn profile is corrupted! WTF! So basically I lost everything (43 Races).

THEN I decided I'll just get Crysis 2 because they finally released the DX11 stuff and HD Textures. I mean, it's just another shooter so I figured might as well wait till they finally implement the goodies. Well, I played basically the whole intro/1st level stuff and suddenly the game crashed on me! UGH! So, ok, no problem there's savepoints. Except that apparently since patch 1.9, you can not load save games! There's several big threads about this on their forums, but yeah... basically that means I have 2 brand new games and I lost all my progress in the first and can't even MAKE progress in the 2nd.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

What the hell is with these games releasing broken patches or just being broken from the start? Up until now I'd say I've had relatively few issues with PC games, even Fallout New Vegas played pretty well for me but this was a terrible Sunday for gaming :(

So, what games are giving you issues/driving you crazy?

*Also just for fun I uploaded vids of these games if you're interested:
Crysis 2 Intro in 720p with Ultra settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFL7wNaflWA
Dirt 3 Drift race, Ultra settings, in 1080p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkuQep5LRLM

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I heard that Mercs 2 was unplayable on anything but PC because it was so buggy and glitchy.

I'm sure you can find patches and bugfixes for the games on PC, you just gotta look for them.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Inb4 New Vegas

Although saying that, mine worked fine. A couple of times it glitched out on me, but it didn't make me want to stop playing.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
A glitch only ruins a game for me if it prevents me from playing the game. New Vegas was awesome, for instance. At one point I ran into a lovecraftian Cazador that was essentially a mess of eldritch angles the size of two football fields and had to leg it posthaste, but the story and world (i.e., the reasons people play a game like New Vegas) were excellent.

YawningAngel

Dec 22, 2010
JWRosser said:
Inb4 New Vegas

Although saying that, mine worked fine. A couple of times it glitched out on me, but it didn't make me want to stop playing.
If people will insist on using media without a debugging console, then it's their own damn fault when bugs ruin their game. Look at Bioware's stuff: there has literally never been a gamebreaking bug in a bioware game that you can't fix fairly easily with the console.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Johnnyallstar said:
I'm sure you can find patches and bugfixes for the games on PC, you just gotta look for them.
Trust me I spent at least a couple hours looking for fixes. There's nothing to be done about the Dirt 3 corrupt thing, I managed to get it to kind of load by swapping a slightly older save game folder in, but the profile which is corrupt is stored by *DUN DUN DUN* Games for Windows Live. I HATE GFWL!

As for Crysis 2, so far it's a very new glitch since the patch came out, so far all I can find is people complaining about it but nobody knows any fixes yet.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
JWRosser said:
Inb4 New Vegas

yeah same, unless you count a few radscorpions getting half stuck in the ground game breaking.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
The thing with PC gaming is it's impossible to plan for every combination of hardware. There will be games that just don't work. Combine that with the complexity of many games today and there will be glitches that slip through. It's a pain, especially ones large enough to crash a game, but I've got Crysis 2 and I've had no issues.
No game has actually had any glitch large enough to drive me crazy. At least, none I can recall. Last thing that happened was Saints Row 2 crashing, but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. There was a lot of stuff in the background.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Ninja Blade PC port

The game is impossible to continue at several points due to a bug with the wall jump. Oh and there's no fix for this whatsoever.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
brunothepig said:
The thing with PC gaming is it's impossible to plan for every combination of hardware. There will be games that just don't work. Combine that with the complexity of many games today and there will be glitches that slip through. It's a pain, especially ones large enough to crash a game, but I've got Crysis 2 and I've had no issues.
No game has actually had any glitch large enough to drive me crazy. At least, none I can recall. Last thing that happened was Saints Row 2 crashing, but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. There was a lot of stuff in the background.
Yeah it's not affecting people across the board but there's still a lot of people with issues.
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33496&sid=728e976d991610f8ce7ea37716b13dde
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33698&hilit=unable+to+load+game+save&sid=728e976d991610f8ce7ea37716b13dde
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33496&hilit=unable+to+load+game+save&sid=728e976d991610f8ce7ea37716b13dde