Games with the worst voice acting in the world.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Xenowolf said:

"I'M THE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!11!!11!"
Yeah, that was pretty bad, but I get the feeling that it was done that way intentionally.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Don't know about "worst", but whenever someone mentions games with bad voice acting, the words "Just Cause 2" appear in my mind in great blazing letters.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
GethBall said:
I would say Killzone 3. Not because it was bad, it was because it just sounded off.

Also Fallout NV. It had a few bland voices that were just reused way too much. Matthew Perry was a nice touch though.

I thought Call of Duty had some pretty good voice acting. Well except Black Ops.
I think the problem with the Killzone games has nothing to do with the voice acting itself, but the lip syncing. It's always a half second too late, and their mouths hang open a bit too much.

Except for Natko in KZ2. He was just pure terrible.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
HAAAHAHAHAAAAA..HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Final Fantasy X.

I love that game, and to be honest, I thought the voice acting wasn't so bad, but that laugh made me cringe just a little, and I understand the context of it!
In retrospect it was just kinda funny.

Tidus can be a little bit of a douche though, but I guess we all can at times!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
BathorysGraveland said:
Resident Evil 1, it's so bad it's laughable. Here's an example:

*gun shot* What is it?!

*sees blood on floor* "What is it?!" "Blood"

*undead comes towards them* "Barry! It's a monster" *Barry brings death to the undead* "What is it?!"

*guy has a huge snake bite on his shoulder and is dying, blood squirts out of wound* "... ouch!"

...yeah. Maybe they sound tame here, but when you actually play the game and hear them spoken... uggh, facepalms abound.
Barry Burton made that game. He wasn't around often but when he was he always knew how to lighten the mood:

I was going to mention the CD-I Zelda games (or maybe just CD-I games in general) but Resident Evil is just such a massive pile of...I don't know what. I loved the game but the voice acting is atrocious. Almost makes me want to barf up a Jill Sandwich.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Apart from the already mentioned; Just Cause 2 suffers from pretty damn poor voice acting.
Been a few years since I played it now, but I remember cringing every time the communist leader spoke.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Just cause 2 and maybe The saboteur . Sean has a cool voice but everyone else is just shit .

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Yeah that Soulstorm expansion had amazingly bad voice acting. It's so bad it's good actually.

SPESS MAHREENS!

And the phrasing of the "we shall not die! No!" etc is really weird in my opinion.

Oh and sometimes Cap. Price in the MW games. Just because they make him use certain wording/phrases that an person born and raised in the UK would be unlikely to use. Doubt anyone outside the UK would notice that though.
Indrick Boreale's epic NO has spawned a whole series of hilarious videos.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E2752F8BC72056F&feature=plcp

These are my personal favorites

I want Relic to bring Boreale back in their next Warhammer 40k game. I don't care how.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Gotcha Force's voice acting is pretty bad but also endearing in a strange way.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Towowo2 said:
You can't make a thread about bad voice acting without mentioning anything about House of the Dead 2.
Thank you so much for linking to that, I needed a good laugh.

"The door of fate... shall open." *Creeeaaak*

Laughed so hard at that.

Zhukov said:
Don't know about "worst", but whenever someone mentions games with bad voice acting, the words "Just Cause 2" appear in my mind in great blazing letters.
Funny, I've only just noticed that Tom Sheldon's voice really reminds me of Pey'j from Beyond Good and Evil, you know, if he were really obnoxious and unlikable.

Shoggoth2588 said:
Barry Burton made that game. He wasn't around often but when he was he always knew how to lighten the mood:
Damn, Resi had some really terrible voice acting moments but I seriously think the script was the real issue. I mean who wrote this nonsense?

Barry: "How about going down to check by yourself? I have a rope here."
Jill: "Oh do you? Then I'll try to go down using the rope!"

Wait, what? Just now you were saying how you couldn't see down there... now you're just going to go down there... alone? Because Barry told you to? o_O

Barry: "Wait! I'll go and get another rope!"

From where, your endless rope supply cupboard?

Geez...

OT: How has this not made it here yet?

zefiris

Dec 3, 2011
The german version of Grandia 1.

How bad is it? Well, at one point, the game has english and german dialogue at THE SAME TIME. Both german and english actors are also subpar, making the end result a terrible mess.

Variable X

Aug 23, 2010
Megaman X4, my god, Megaman X4. Probably once of my favorites in the series, everything about that game was amazing except for it's English voice acting. X sounded like he was a 6 year old boy, Zero couldn't control his talking volume or speed (forgot parts of words too), Iris was passable thought a little flat vocally. Just on the whole the VA work was bad. Surely you remember "What am I fighting fooooor?!"

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
BlueSinbad said:
HAAAHAHAHAAAAA..HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Final Fantasy X.

I love that game, and to be honest, I thought the voice acting wasn't so bad, but that laugh made me cringe just a little, and I understand the context of it!
In retrospect it was just kinda funny.

Tidus can be a little bit of a douche though, but I guess we all can at times!
Believe it or not, the Japanese version sounds worse. I've heard people say Tidus sounds like a goose.

OT: Puff from Devil Kings. Such... an... annoyingly... awful... voice...
Holy shitsauce! He really does sound like a goose! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgVjH9V9Ps