Games Workshop really did it. Fall Of Cadia Discussion. (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Thaluikhain said:
Mind you, nothing to stop people dusting off their copies of Necromunda and playing a real game with sustained fire dice.
That massively cheered me up since it reminded me there's a necromunda game coming out soon.

As for playing REAL necromunda, first i'd have to have friends living in same city who play tabletop games :/ It's a nice dream though, and necromunda was the cat's meow.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Frankster said:
Thaluikhain said:
Mind you, nothing to stop people dusting off their copies of Necromunda and playing a real game with sustained fire dice.
That massively cheered me up since it reminded me there's a necromunda game coming out soon.
Wait, what? Really?

Hmmm...plastic humans with las/autoguns. I will need to make another IG force.

(After I finish my converted stealer cultists, then converted Empire Freeguild archers made to look like my Delaque gangers, and after I finish painting my Mordians and start painting my Steel Legion and Votroyans and Valhallans)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Thaluikhain said:
Wait, what? Really?
Oh you didn't hear? Was actually an article on escapist about the announcement if i recall.
Anyways, it's made by same dudes behind mordheim, cyanide studios, so there's a slight risk of it just being a mordheim asset swap, but even that can't be a bad thing. Hopefully mordheim was just a test run though and they will pull out all the stops for necromunda.

Also totally jealous at your tabletop and converting antics :/ As i said, i don't know anyone who plays in same city, and GW stores have been lame for ages, so yeh, stopped collecting tabletop minis ages ago. #feelsbadman

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Frankster said:
Thaluikhain said:
Wait, what? Really?
Oh you didn't hear? Was actually an article on escapist about the announcement if i recall.
Anyways, it's made by same dudes behind mordheim, cyanide studios, so there's a slight risk of it just being a mordheim asset swap, but even that can't be a bad thing. Hopefully mordheim was just a test run though and they will pull out all the stops for necromunda.

Also totally jealous at your tabletop and converting antics :/ As i said, i don't know anyone who plays in same city, and GW stores have been lame for ages, so yeh, stopped collecting tabletop minis ages ago. #feelsbadman
Oh, thought you meant a new tabletop game, like they'd just done with Blood Bowl.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Frankster said:
After Age of Sigmar there is little scenario more terrifying to me as a 40k fan then GW deciding to want to move the plot.
Plus im honest enough to admit i'd actually hate for 40ks plot to make big progress, lest make the final plot look something like "eldar die out to kill slaneesh, conveniently removes all the kinky and sexy stuff from the setting, eldar both vanilla and dark are reborn into space aelfs" or "imperium fragments and collapses, but god emperor is reborn and makes his own realm, reforges the souls of his former servants into super space marines".
This. I like the manner in which the Dawn of War games (I've only played the first set of 1-Soulstorm) run with the plot. Pick a random section of the galaxy, flesh it out, and give us a mini-plot that is localized to that area with maybe a couple call-outs to the bigger picture. The sheer volume of lore that is already available to work with is staggering; all it takes is people with some creativity to make a story within it.