games you can recall in a second that fully satisfied you start to finish

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
oblivion... although as the game doesn't really finish I'm not sure if it counts
prince of persia SoT, best weekend of gaming ever
timesplitters: future perfect

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Mother 3 and Earthbound spring to mind for their sheer fantasticness.

As does... well, basically every Zelda game actually. Except for the first one (I'm not much of a nostalgia gamer), Zelda II (same) and A Link to the Past (which felt to me too much like Minish Cap. I'm not sure why, and I'm aware that it precedes Minish Cap, but... it just felt far too samey, something that's never happened to me with a Zelda game before).

Super Metroid and all three Metroid Primes would count, except that I am currently in the process of playing Metroid Prime 3, and therefore can't fairly say that it satisfied me start to finish. However, unless the last quarter of the game makes me bleed from every orifice, I doubt the rest of it will be anything short of stellar.

I should also probably mention the Pokemon games, which I love immensely. However, I've never really caught 'em all.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Beyond good and evil, as I say to every single thread like this.

I guess portal could count, as I finished the story, but then I got bored afterwards.

Tethalaki

You fight like a dairy farmer.
Nov 5, 2009
Baldur's Gate II
Mass Effect
Freelancer
Medieval Total War 2
KotOR 1/2
Battlezone 2
Imperialism II
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

Those are the ones I can recall quickly, I'm sure there's more that I just can't remember at the moment.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Knights of the Old Republic, and Call of Duty 4 are the ones that I can say right off the top of my head.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Doom 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 3 (And no, it's not FF6 unless you live in Japan) GoldenEye and Half-Life, plus Opposing Force. And STALKER, it would have to be the best game I've played in the last decade, at least since Half-Life came out.

Tribar42

Jan 14, 2010
In no kind of order

Resident Evil 4 which is the best game ever(maybe)
Dead Space
Psychonauts
Half-Life 2 all episodes
Bioshock
Portal
Silent Hill 2,3,4,5 but Silent Hill:Origins while bored me so much I stopped playing after 2 hours and I never played the first one

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
The Orange Box, Kingdom Hearts, Jak 2 or 3, Ratchet and Clank 2, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Divine Divinity, Bioshock, Timesplitters: Future Perfect (I LOVED making maps). I love those games!

Razvelius

Jan 20, 2010
Quake 2,Soul reaver 1&2,Blood omen 2,Defiance(sorry can't help it,I'm a legacy of kain fanboy).

evilgrim

Nov 18, 2009
Power Stone 2.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Sonic Adventure. [I liked it.]
Spelunky.
Dark Cloud 1 & 2

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Rockband 2. Every time I play it I just have a pure shot of enjoyment.
MGS, as a series. Yes I love the entire series, and the story.
Half Life 2. Only played it last year but thoroughly enjoyable.
I have a love/hate relationship with the Sims 3.