Games you consider 10/10.

VincentRollsRoyce

Apr 24, 2016
I'm probably going to get bashed for this, or not. But I think Minecraft is a 10/10 indeed. Endless crafting, skins, texture packs and also get the option to try thousands and thousands of mods.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
So a 10/10 for me isn't perfection because that just makes the rating unattainable, to me its a game that I absolutely adore and like a favourite movie, memory or book it's nice to revisit it occasionally.

Dark Souls 1 (and maybe 3).
I haven't finished 3 yet (though I suspect I'm close) but I adore the game and the franchise as a whole. DK1 was amazing with some of the tightest mechanics I'd experienced in combat and a beautiful, deep story that made me ravenously consume information provided to me, reading every item description and exploring every nook and cranny to find out more. I loved the story, the characters, the combat and the world design. Its interconnectedness is cunning and I really like that after hundreds of hours of experience you can trace convoluted routes that take you to wherever you wish to be.

Spec Ops: The Line.
Yeah, it floored me. I knew that the game was meant to have some grand twist and I cottoned on early as a result but it still didn't stop me. While the ending didn't have exactly the right hit on me since I played it to know what would happen and not to be the hero it still stung and the deconstruction of the shooter genre was excellently cruel if imperfectly done.

Pokemon...?
I wouldn't know what to say other than the most recent. I just love the pokemon metagame and have spent years building a sprawling team of dozens of maxed out, trained and specced pokemon. My Jolteon that has been with me for years holds a surprising amount of affection from me and I just adore the game series, its exploration is fun, the expanding movesets, typing and designs admittedly enthral me. Love it.

Bioshock
I didn't play System Shock back in the day, I'd read Ayn Rand's works by this point and it was a beautiful deconstruction of her world with a fun mechanic base and cool world. Has its flaws and the combat in 2 was generally better (ashamedly I have yet to play Infinite) but I've never had so much fun with telekinesis.

FF...9?
I'm not sure, I love a lot of the games in the FF series and find some of them intolerable. IX captivated me, it was my second game in the series and I love it today as much as I did when I was a kid. There are issues (too many status types for one) but I still adore the game and replay it often. I loved VII (my first FF), I loved XII (the politics and the story and the themes) and enjoyed X greatly but IX was the one I love the most, even if I played XII more back in the day (and helped write a guide for it).

Journey/Flower
They do what they do beautifully. I love Flower, I still play it to detox from the hardest games in my library sometimes, I love being high and floating about as a petal. It's awesome. Journey was the centre of my Philosophy of Art dissertation, a beautiful game in its own right and something I've explored the themes of endlessly. Beautiful games.

Binding of Isaac
I'm not a huge indie gamer and there aren't that many roguelikes that I play but Isaac...I've played Isaac so much. I've finished the game almost 3 times I think (as in, completely completed) and will likely do it all again. Beautiful, ridiculous fun. Shoutout to Super Meat Boy as well for being so damned beautifully difficult I still haven't done everything on it, not even close.

I'm sure there are more, these are the games I'll play forever.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Chrono Trigger is pretty up there. It's hard to really even complain about any aspect of it. It's just to damn good, in nearly every way. Love the hell out of it.

Basically what EmceeProphIt said about it:

I let reviewers explain my opinions on things cause I suck at doing so. XD Dark Souls is another one, cuz I think it's really rewarding once you actually git gud. I've never had another game give me such a gratifying sense of accomplishment. Even old NES games that were super hard always just felt, cheap to me. a 10/10 experience for me, is something that brought me an incredible amount of joy throughout most of my time playing. And despite the frustration, DS was definitely one of those kinds of games. And Chrono Trigger is kinda easy, but still super fun.

wurrble182 said:
red faction guerilla. no jokes. for what it is, it is near perfect.
Ya know, I can respect that. Blow shit up, and very little else to get in the way of doing so.