Games you couldn't wait for that turned out to be huge disappointments.

Tetranitrophenol

Apr 4, 2010
Every FF after FF10, lost my faith in FF12, 13 and 14(online) were disappointments as well so at least I didn't suffer as much.

figday

Mar 22, 2011
Alan Wake : first news showed up as a promotion for dual-core, only to come out in consoles..
Dragon 2 : jesus christ..
Fable 2 : see Alan Wake..

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Supreme Commander 2 - babbie's first RTS, worst sequel in history; core of the game changed for mouth-breathing commoners who couldn't understand Supcom FA's stream income system.

Dragon Age 2 - raped by its junior writers, especially the hambeast (the woman now notorious for saying that she hates playing videogames); Anders Cullen "I love you, but I'll hurt you, I can't control myself, but I love you, but I'll hurt you, but I..." was her work.

Mount & Blade /w Fire and Sword - an expansion pack not even produced by the same studio; brings an enormous element of random difficulty ("Will I get shot this time?") to the battles while bringing nothing else new, and removes a few treats like the ability to make on-the-fly choices about your allegeance.

So there you have three.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Biof_ckingshock 2. That went downhill very fast by appealing to a demographic not worthy of playing the first instalment.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Mass Effect 2, HAZE or Portal. Have to be one of those three, but if I had to choose which one I hated more, it would be HAZE. I was promised 6-10 hours of unadultered awesomeness, but instead, i got... this.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
DA2, I was so psyched for it, bought it day one (the only time ive done so in years).

Worse thing was I didnt realise how crap it was until the last mission, and this only got worse on a second playthrough.

I mean why cant I kill that priest who starts the Qunari trouble? So much for freedom....

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Still Life said:
[HEADING=2]FIREWARRIOR.[/HEADING]

Fucking up a Warhammer game is a monumental waste of potential, and Kuju achieved just that.

Thank god Dawn of War came along.
What're you talking about, that game is HILARIOUS! I mean, come on, you play as a Khorne-fueled Tau!

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
A game called Legendary, the concept seamed so awesome, but it was probably the worst game I have ever played

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Iwata said:
Still Life said:
[HEADING=2]FIREWARRIOR.[/HEADING]

Fucking up a Warhammer game is a monumental waste of potential, and Kuju achieved just that.

Thank god Dawn of War came along.
What're you talking about, that game is HILARIOUS! I mean, come on, you play as a Khorne-fueled Tau!
Guess I totally missed the point of the game ;)

unicornninja

Aug 4, 2010
Fable 3, Crysis 2, Dark Sector, Mass Effect 2, and Too Human. All gigantic disappointments. Fable 3 was just awful. Dark Sector had potential but, it sucked. Too Human was an abomination.

KrubixCube

May 26, 2011
Arisato-kun said:
Final Fantasy XII. All I'm going to say was that it just wasn't fun. At all.

Also, I'm Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca. Don't believe Ondore's lies!
Yeah, pretty much this. Really really bad, considering the PSX era FF's (and to a certain extent X) were really good. *sigh*

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Gotta go with SpiderMan: Shattered Dimensions. I found it too easy, too short, [to have] wonky controls, wonky mechanics, underdeveloped and almost forced plot. The only good part about it was NPH as the voice of Amazing Spiderman.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Force Unleashed 2. And I'm still pissed about it. 60 bucks for that game... and it lasted a single evening... had maybe 3 planets, and 3 boss fights.... it was a quater of a game for full price i'd assume they plan on releaseing DLC for it, but SCREW THAT. Not a nother dime from me on that game. I don't mind DLC, got all of mass effect 2's. But you need to sell me a full fleaged GAME before i'll be willing to PAY for DLC.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
warcraft4life said:
VMK1991 said:
Final Fantasy XIII. The plot had so many holes, that I just can't count them.
Only three of six playable characters were good (Lightning, Sazh and Snow, if you are interested), others were made poorly.
The stat upgrade was too simple.
Plus, why there was no MP?
Snow..? You mean as a CHARACTER? If so.. WTF?

SAVE SERAH BLAH BLAH LETS DO THIS FOR SERAH BLAH BLAH, *plot: that wasn't even sarah's focus*

DO IT FOR SERAH... :L

FF13 is correct though ^_^
Well, what I meant when I said that I like him as a character is that I like his design and skills.
P.S. In my opinion,the best character is Sazh: He only wants to save his son from staying in crystalized state, thus he does every freacking possible and impossible thing to achive his goal. Plus I like his looks,weapons and role (warrior+buffer=win) and the fact that he is the only one who actually thinks in this team (well, I might be wrong, but I've played the game a long time ago and that is how I remember things, sorry if I'm wrong).

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Gothic series, hell the game (and Fable: TLC) introduced me to RPG's.
Unfortunately 'Gothic 4' was a complete failure. Completely dumbed down from the rest of the series.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
warcraft4life said:
VMK1991 said:
warcraft4life said:
VMK1991 said:
Final Fantasy XIII. The plot had so many holes, that I just can't count them.
Only three of six playable characters were good (Lightning, Sazh and Snow, if you are interested), others were made poorly.
The stat upgrade was too simple.
Plus, why there was no MP?
Snow..? You mean as a CHARACTER? If so.. WTF?

SAVE SERAH BLAH BLAH LETS DO THIS FOR SERAH BLAH BLAH, *plot: that wasn't even sarah's focus*

DO IT FOR SERAH... :L

FF13 is correct though ^_^
Well, what I meant when I said that I like him as a character is that I like his design and skills.
P.S. In my opinion,the best character is Sazh: He only wants to save his son from staying in crystalized state, thus he does every freacking possible and impossible thing to achive his goal. Plus I like his looks,weapons and role (warrior+buffer=win) and the fact that he is the only one who actually thinks in this team (well, I might be wrong, but I've played the game a long time ago and that is how I remember things, sorry if I'm wrong).
Fair enough, yeah Sazh WAS the most likeable for the major part of the game, albeit a team of "Lightning, Sazh and Snow" would be horrid.. No 1st class Medic. No saboteur D:
And THAT is why I had to use Vanille, by far the most horrible character of the game

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
The Force Unleashed (generally a mediocre, linear and extremely brief waste of money)

CoD: WaW (incredibly uninspired, I've never seen a game that felt like so much of step back since...)

Bioshock 2 (it didn't need multiplayer. WHY DOES IT HAVE MULTIPLAYER?!)

CoD: Blops (short, horrendously boring campaign, incredibly unbalanced multiplayer filled with useless gimmicky things that sound quite cool but are completely useless.)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Way too short, nothing of note added, the series has continued to look uglier since the first game, which was straight up beautiful)

L4D2 (Underneaht the ridiculous connection issues there was a great game here. Fuck valve and their undying hatred of consoles.)

Dead Space 2 (it shouldn't have had a sequel. It was a nice story on its own. But I still had high hopes for it. There was literally NOTHING scary in it.)

Jak X (I want platforming and stylised badassery. Instead I get a bland copy of hotwheels crossed with Mariokart)