Games you don't mind watching

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Even though they're meant to be interactive, games can be fun as a spectator event sometimes. For example, I like watching replays of matches in RTS games like Dawn of War 2. I also enjoy watching "Let's Play" videos of open-world RPGs like Daggerfall.

What kinds of games do you like to watch?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
MGS4 Considering I spent more time watching cutscenes than actually playing it (and completed it twice) I actually sort of like the jumbled mess of a plot.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I watched my brother play a lot of games when I was younger, so I can't think of any I couldn't watch.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Pretty much any of the Unreal Tournament games are good as spectator sports.

Hell, with a bit of imagination, betting and drinking games are just a thought away.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Point and Click games liek Zack and Wiki. Though it's a one player game, me and some friends completed it together, thinking with each other and stuff. Good times, good times...

Captcha: wholly, usetit DA FUCK?

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I only watch LPs of games I don't intend to buy. And as long as they're delivered entertainingly I can enjoy anything. Multiplayer replays are boring, though.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
I used to be a big fan of watching my dad play the Resident Evil games or some games from the Legend of Zelda series. I occasionally watch Let's Plays of mostly older games that I have no hope of ever owning myself.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I ocassionally watch no-commentary walkthroughs of games I'm sort of interested in but have no intention of actually playing - usually console exclusives.

MGS4 was interesting, in a WTF kind of way. Having never played any of that series I'm sure a lot of it was lost on me, but really... WTF?

The God of War series is really watchable, almost like movies. I'm pretty sure I'd be rubbish at those games, but as a nearly cinematic experience it's very impressive.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
I enjoy Let's Play videos as well; it's really interesting watching how other people handle things and solve problems differently, and it can be helpful in deciding whether or not you want to get a particular game.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I watched my brother play and beat Portal and Shadow of the Colossus.

That second one was practically a movie anyway.

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
Guitar Hero I like watching, mainly because I can sit there with a real guitar and play along with some songs that are on them

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
Lets Plays are good, but I'm more of an interactive kind of guy. You know, that guy who sits at the back of a bunch of people play Super Smash Bros and can't watch because they suck so badly.

Falco Paunch!
Falco Paunch!
Falco Paunch!
Falco Paunch!

Stop Spamming Damnit!

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
The Total war games. Its like watching Braveheart every time a battle loads.
Yep, especially with the gorgeous graphics of the recent Shogun 2.

I would also add Starcraft (1 and 2) - heck, there's a whole industry behind Starcraft as a spectator sport.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I've enjoyed watching replays of Starcraft II more than playing the game itself. I've always been somewhat fond of watching replays for RTS games once in a while, but with SC2 it's even worse. Then I discovered that there were hundreds of commented games on youtube so I went and uninstalled SC2 (which had essentially become a replay client for me).

It kind of makes me sad, because I used to like playing Blizzard's RTS. I spent so many hours playing Warcraft III on battle.net... but I just can't get into SC2. For some reason, I still enjoy watching replays though.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Mega Man X.

It's awesome, and narmy at the awesome time. Kinda like Flash Gordon!

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I liked watching a few Amnesia Lets Play's.
When I was little, I used to love watching my dad play Tomb Raider.