Games you like but still think are a little overrated.

valleyshrew

Aug 4, 2010
Netrigan said:
GTA IV.

Was bored silly by the first six hours, but the campaign ended strongly and the two DLCs were both excellent.

But I don't think it's anywhere near the mammoth achievement critics and a lot of gamers hold it out to be. Cover system that often didn't work right, auto-aim system that made combat far too easy, crappy vehicle controls, that fucking friendship system, and all those completely pointless, boring missions in the first six hours (do we really need a mission where we learn to throw a brick or learn how to fist fight... neither are ever required to be used later in the game) are all are pretty major marks against it.
You don't rate games based on how many flaws they have. GTAIV still is in a completely different league to any other city based game in terms of cultural development, characters, setting and even graphics/physics. I enjoyed the in game internet alone more than the entirity of prototype and just cause 2 put together. I think GTAIV is the most under-rated game ever. From reading user opinions you'd think it was a terrible game, but in reality it's easily not just one of the best games, but one of the best pieces of entertainment ever made.