Games you love but sometimes hate the fellow fans of.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Mass Effect.

I love the games and I'm a regular on the Bioware Social Network, yet even though I meet great people of all different kinds on those threads... in general the forums are just nasty. Everyone snipes at each other bitterly for one reason or another, things settle down occassionally and just long enough that you think there won't be another character fanboy war but then it starts up again.
People who make careful criticism get burned at the stake, people argue for pages on end and all kinds of other negative attitudes that stretch on and on and on.

There are times when I feel very isolated, among the Bioware fans. To be fair this is not true for all of them, but on more then one occasion I have slammed my fist on my table with disgust and annoyance at what another person says on a thread.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
megaman24681012 said:
yet every Halo fan I know other than my best friend are complete ASSHAT MOFOS!
Try the people on the Halo fans group here on the Escapist. Most of them are fun, friendly and smart people who are great fun to play with.
Plus, I've met a few other such people in the real world who are equally fun to hang out with in the real world.
It counts on where you look I guess, some of them are awful people but every now and then you'll meet Halo fans who are the salt of the Earth. Good, honest people.

I mean, I'm a Halo fan and people seem to think I'm alright.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
the Halo franchise for me. I'm a 30 something gamer and I can't stand 12 year old kids screaming over the mic online, and those little shits call me a noob...they shouldn't even be allowed to play, lol.

That's about it.

Uto

But I guess that is any online shooter, but I only play Halo online, so that's my peeve

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
Vrex360 said:
megaman24681012 said:
yet every Halo fan I know other than my best friend are complete ASSHAT MOFOS!
Try the people on the Halo fans group here on the Escapist. Most of them are fun, friendly and smart people who are great fun to play with.
Plus, I've met a few other such people in the real world who are equally fun to hang out with in the real world.
It counts on where you look I guess, some of them are awful people but every now and then you'll meet Halo fans who are the salt of the Earth. Good, honest people.

I mean, I'm a Halo fan and people seem to think I'm alright.
oh none of us have a problem with most Halo fans (I am one too) it's the 12 year olds that scream noob every time they shoot you and act like total shits

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
utopaline said:
oh none of us have a problem with most Halo fans (I am one too) it's the 12 year olds that scream noob every time they shoot you and act like total shits
True, but to be fair kids like that are universal. Meaning that as long as there are online games in the world, there will be insufferable little kids playing them. Halo isn't the only game series to have them, I've played matches of Team Fortress 2, Gears 2 and Battlefield Bad Company that all have little kids screeching at me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Wouldn't say I love them, but I find CoD fun. Hate the fans though.
Most Bioware games as well. Great games, but most of the fans either ***** about them becoming FILTHY CONSOLE GAMES or just deny the fact that they have any flaws whatsoever.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Bethesda fans just not shutting the fuck up about how THERE'S ONE LESS ARMOUR SLOT IN SKYRIM OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That annoys me.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
JasonKaotic said:
Final Fantasy. The Final Fantasy VII fanboys/girls are so fucking annoying. As a die-hard fan of Final Fantasy I can admit that Sephiroth wasn't that great, Cloud was boring, and VII as a whole wasn't as good as other middle-generation Final Fantasies, and those "OMG SEPHIROTH FTWWW <3<3<3" "OMG CLOUD ISH TEH SECKSH <3<3<3" and "OMG STFU SEPHIROTH HAS WAY MOER PERSUNALITY THAN ENNY OF YOR VILLUNS SO STFU OMG OMG OMG" people annoy the fucking hell out of me. To be perfectly honest, no offence to people who love VII (unless you're one of those people who love VII), I really don't get why VII is so hyped.
Don't get me wrong, I do like VII, just not as much as the other middle-generation ones. I can happily play it as long as I'm not reminded of those people.

This. These people are what's wrong with the Final Fantasy fanbase.

Not the people you were complaining about. You.
Me? I'm just annoyed at the sort of fans that post pictures of Cloud x Sephiroth and implode at any mention of anyones' opinion that doesn't like VII. Mostly the ones that obsess over VII just because other people do. You can't seriously deny they're annoying...?
Actually, I was just joking. And I do have to agree with you, but expand that to the fanboys/fangirls of any Final Fantasy.

"WHAT?! Your favorite is this one, how can you say that?! The best is obviously this one!"

Can't we all just get along?

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Call of Duty

fun game, but I have to mute virtually everyone with a mic because it seems like all they do is either rage or complain.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Minecraft, spend five minutes on the official forums and you will know why. Probably the worst thing I have seen from them was the huge outcry when the Xbox version was announced.

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
Naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2.
I'm 16, but the people online are spammer fags and rage quitters, and most of them are like 12 year olds (only 12 year olds act so childish in a "fun" game as to rage quite, and you can see in their name it says "name-1998" etc.
And COD of course, but i only like it a bit and most of the time if i do play it is wager match.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
any online type deal. When there's something extremely annoying & overpowered that everyone uses *cough noobtubes* it gets real fucking old EXTREMELY fast.

Also with online games I hate the no lifers that make the difficulty curve backwards.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
TestECull said:
Fallout fans can be absolute dickpistons at times. "BAAAWWW Fallout 3 isn't a true RPG! It's a first-person shooter!" "WAAAAHHH IT ISN'T A PROPER FALLOUT GAME!" "BLABLA BROKEN STEEL RUINED THE GAME" "BETHESDA SUCKS THEY RUINED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE"

Geez. I'm glad Fallout games aren't multiplayer, I'd hate to be in a virtual room with these types for more than the time it takes to find the quit button...
I totally agree with you! I don't get why some fans of the original Fallouts and New Vegas seem to hate Fallout 3 so much. Hell, functionally Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are almost identical! Why hate on the story, the only thing that's different, so much just because we aren't on the west coast anymore. It was Bethesda's game and they made the choice to do their own thing, which I applaud.

That's not to say I don't like NV. Personally, I adore both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, they are incredible games. Fallout 3, however, will always be more fondly remembered because it served as my introduction to the series as a whole. To me, it was something new, different, and from the moment I started playing I was hooked. I'm actually very glad Bethesda made it a standalone game because that meant I didn't have to memorize a bunch of backstory from the previous games. (Although I did that anyway because the Fallout mythos is rich, interesting, and deep. But that's beside the point.)

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
The Halo multiplayer junkies. Some of them are okay, but there's a lot of people who sound and act like little 12-year-olds. And usually every time they try to "defend" Bungie or Halo, they just give others more of a reason to despise them, and that makes them despise Bungie and Halo.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Halo and I dislike the supposed "Halo" fans. I moved from the Bungie forums to here. A lot of their arguments stem from nonsense and every page is littered with Cool Story Bro and U Mad?

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
World of Warcraft. Need I to say more. The whole Alliance vs Horde thing makes me cringe, and the why cant all be like Wrath of the Lich King and we kill bosses in 10 secs and get fat loot?!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Dragon age.

No, the game wasn't made for you. No, I don't hate the chantry. No, I don't care for romances. Yes, I read the codex. No I don't give a flying rat's ass for female dwarves, The qunari was awesome in both games. No, I don't give a damn what happen to my warden And yes I loved dragon age 2.