Games you miss, but can't quite remember.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I forget when we last had a topic like this in the forum, so I decided to open another one.

Anyway, what games do you miss, but can't remember certain things, like the names of the game.

Here's my example;

It was a PC game, I think an RPG/point-and-click hybrid game, made in the 90's or 80's I think.

You place a guy who I remember was named Jack, who that the start of the game gets cornered fighting a big monster with just a dagger until being rescued by a wizard that insta-kills the monster with just 1 magic spell and tells Jack to go somewhere (I forget where exactly).

I remember other parts of it, like where Jack had to help a girl who was stuck under a fallen tree trunk and returns the favor for his rescue by firing a bow and arrow at a monster that was apprently behind Jack.

the aforementioned girl also carried a locket which you could use to open secret passages, it was also later revealed that Jack is supposed to defeat an evil wizard or demon by finding a magic sword which might be hidden in a temple blocked by a flaming wall. I wish I was making this up, but I'm not.

Weird how I remember that much from the game yet I cant remember the title at all

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Some N64 game (or gameS I think, I think there were 2) 3 (or was it four) playable martial artists I played when I was very little. Very cartooney.

One of them was a sidescroller and one was 3D, but they both definitely used the same protagonist.

The main protagonist's weapon looked like a metal pipe (the smoke kind) with a head on a chain that extended when he swung. He had blue spiky hair.

Another one of the characters I think was a fat ninja.

This was SO long ago I barely remember the game. But now that I'm older and have an emulator I'm so itching to remember what this game (or games) is called.

edit: Funnily enough I found its wikipedia page by googling "n64 game about ninjas". See if you can guess the title of the game without googling it and you'll win a cookie.

AmbitiousWorm

I'm going to leave this blank.
Dec 2, 2010
I feel the same way about an old puzzle game.
2d side scrolling, where you stacked boxes to get up to a door that took you to the next level. The ground was almost all red brick and I think the character had a hard hat on. I even remember how to beat some of the levels. Just don't feel like scrolling through endless pages to find it. Must not miss it that much. Also everything was square. Might have been DOS.

DNA Spin. I remember the title and the game but it seems to have disappeared from the interwebs. A side view skiing game where you performed tricks off a big jump. It would add up your score from all the tricks/combos and had a really cool animation. It was Scandinavian, I think. Thought I'd toss this out here just in case.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I'm not sure what game that is, but the part where he gets cornered and a wizard kills the monster with one spell sounds kinda like Divine Divinity, but I'm pretty sure the main char wasn't named Jack.

I have a few games like that, but I can never remember much.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Innegativeion said:
Some N64 game (or gameS I think, I think there were 2) 3 (or was it four) playable martial artists I played when I was very little. Very cartooney.

One of them was a sidescroller and one was 3D, but they both definitely used the same protagonist.

The main protagonist's weapon looked like a metal pipe (the smoke kind) with a head on a chain that extended when he swung. He had blue spiky hair.

Another one of the characters I think was a fat ninja.

This was SO long ago I barely remember the game. But now that I'm older and have an emulator I'm so itching to remember what this game (or games) is called.

edit: Funnily enough I found its wikipedia page by googling "n64 game about ninjas". See if you can guess the title of the game without googling it and you'll win a cookie.
Sounds vaguely like Mystical Ninja starring Goemon. (I think that's the name anyways)

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
I Can't remember the name of a demo I played when I was little. It was a Demo on the first Playstation and I "think" the demo included the protagonist rescuing a Golden Crab (I think) From a House on Fire. My memory is failing me on this XD

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
A lot of NES RPGs.

Dragon Warrior, Dragon Warrior 2, Crystalis, even the original Final Fantasy I've completely forgotten. All I remember is that I loved these games to death.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I had many of these but after much searching after many years was able to discover the names of all of them.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
I remember having a blast with it as a kid.. it was played on one of those big ass arcade machines? You played a tyrannasaurus trying to reclaim her eggs from cave men i think? I wasted so many quarters on it.