Games you should have liked

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
FEAR.

I love horror and it looked like a lot of fun. I gave that game waaaay too much attention in the hope that I will like it, and it will be fun. For some reason I kept telling myself that throughout the whole game.

Boy were my hopes crushed!

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Halo 1, 2 and ODST. I played Halo 3, absolutely loved it, and decided to play the previous ones for the story. Never got into them. And ODST was a heap of excrement, if you ask me.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins.

Fantasy Genre, heralded for it's story, and it has Dragon in the name (which I usually take to mean there will be at least a few dragons in it). Honestly, I just can't get into it. It was my first BioWare game, too, and it's left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm now skeptic of all other games from them.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Oblivion. Was always more fun in my head than it actually was, if what I'm saying makes any sense.

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
Oblivion. Everything's there, why can't I enjoy you like your older brother Morrowind?
And Demons Souls. Played it for an hour at my friends and said "Nope, I'm done here". That was years ago however and Dark Souls is so far my GOTY so for £15 and Christmas on the horizon maybe I'll give it second chance.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I still can't seem to get into KotOR, but it is still a little too early to tell, so we shall see. As for games I have completed, Kingdom Hearts 1. I don't know hy, but there was absolutely nothing (other than maybe the visuals) that I found even slightly appealing. The story was REALLY heavy handed (kept on going on and on about darkness and all that bullshit), the main character you were trying to save was underdeveloped, and the combat was repetitive. I really thought I would like it, though, because from what I heard people say, it was the best game Squaresoft has made in the last 10 years (and they have made some of my favorite games ever). Also, the bright and vibrant visuals were also a treat to the eyes, which further led to dissappointment.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
LA Noire.

I'm not sure how I can enjoy a game this much and yet have so little drive to complete it, and so little affection for it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
X-Men Destiny and White Knight Chronicles.

roll your own character and embark on an epic journey? oh hell yes I'm so on board for this except .... not

X-Men they where just 3 different story lines (all boring)

and White Knight your character wasn't important in the least, and they FORCE you to make a character, why? the LAME online component -.- no to mention the story was boring and the hero made me wanna gut him alive like a fish

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Fina-
Viirin said:
Final Fantasy XIII
Ninjas. Damn.

Yeah, I liked all of the previous Final Fantasy games; Large worlds with interesting towns and cities making for a lot of NPC interaction and side-quests that allowed you to do more than just the main story for the first twenty hours. XIII was . . . just . . . not that. Mind, I don't actually care too much about endless cut-scenes and nonsensical stories (in the last few months I've become quite the fan of Metal Gear Solid), and strictly linear games don't bother me too much (I didn't mind the extremely linear Space Marine, for instance, but for RPG's it is a pretty damning blow), but in the end it just didn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. I've said this many, many times in previous threads, but compared to the previous Final Fantasy titles, XIII just felt like it hated me for wanting to actually play it like a Final Fantasy game.

Aidan Mason

Dec 16, 2010
TLOZ: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
I <3 zelda but the tacked on touch pad controls and dull story bored me

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3 (and Fallout 1 and 2) but for some reason I just never managed to get into New Vegas.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Humza Ahmad said:
Fallout New Vegas fits this thread perfectly for me. I have the game and really tried to get into it. All the reviews were positive and it seemed solid. I could never like it though, it reminded me of Fallout 3 too much.
Same.
I actually would've liked New Vegas if it wasn't completely broken. It's hard to get into a game that keeps crashing every 15 mins.

One complaint however was that it wasn't enough like Fallout 3: all the locations were cluttered together and there weren't any of those weird random encounters that make the dc wastes seem so spontaneous and real.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Fawxy said:
Counter-Strike: Source.

I love competitive online FPS games, and finally decided to get in on the CS:S action.

I just couldn't do it. The gameplay and flow feel broken, I HATE de_dust, and the mechanics don't feel nearly as fluid as those in other online games I've played.
That game is not broken, it's perfectly intentional that only 5 guns or so are viable. Completely balanced.

OT: Oblivion, but I loved that game before, It's just... whittled down a lot. My opinion of it that is. Morrowind I should of apparently loved, but I resent the game. I've tried on 5 seperate occasions for the game to tell me it's average at least, but no, the games lulz at my efforts to like it and spits it back in my face. And before someone yells mods... The game should be able to stand by itself, it shouldn't require mods just to make me have opinions above resentment.

Humza Ahmad

Sep 22, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Humza Ahmad said:
Fallout New Vegas fits this thread perfectly for me. I have the game and really tried to get into it. All the reviews were positive and it seemed solid. I could never like it though, it reminded me of Fallout 3 too much.
Same.
I actually would've liked New Vegas if it wasn't completely broken. It's hard to get into a game that keeps crashing every 15 mins.

One complaint however was that it wasn't enough like Fallout 3: all the locations were cluttered together and there weren't any of those weird random encounters that make the dc wastes seem so spontaneous and real.
Yeah the game kept crashing for no reason. It seemed like the game never went through testing and was rushed.