Games you should try, and probably haven't.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
DigitalAtlas said:
Mr Pantomime said:
I like how 3 people have made recommendations, one person has called everyone sheeple, and the rest are ragging on the OP's taste in games.

Welcome to The Escapist mate.
I made the list! Also, I said former sheeple, mainly.
Wait, wait, wait. List? Did I miss something?

Edit: Oh, I get it. Sorry. I do like the term "sheeple". It reminds me of my conspiracy nut days.

Mysterious Druid

May 27, 2012
Stuntman: Ignition. It is hands down, one of the finest driving games I have ever played. It's hard, frustrating and fairly ugly, but it plays like a dream and is a total blast with friends.

Also, most games I've seen mentioned in this thread are fairly popular. Try digging a bit deeper.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Shadow of the colossus.

Not really that i SHOULD play it, but really because i want to. Sadly, i cannot find it =|

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Christ, I haven't recommended any games. Ive been too busy being a highminded ****.

Shatter: Brilliant little Breakout-style game. It has a neat suck and blow mechanic. Also, the only good thing to come out of my country in the last 5 years.

Audiosurf: Surprisingly fun game. It makes a track based on an mp3 file and you surf it, getting points and all that good stuff. I find its best played coop.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]LOL is a DOTA clone, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. There are more than enough ways to get shouted at and kicked from games.
hehe, you have a solid point, however I just ignore the flamers, it's what the ignore function is there for. ^^

OT:

The Day Z mod for Arma II + Arma II Operation Arrowhead is a complete blast! It's in early Alpha but it still works well, read up on it. If you have the ARMA II games, get that mod NOW!

I second League of Legends, despite it's community being shit the gameplay is fun, with a new champion being brought out every 3/4 weeks.

Z_the_slayer

May 26, 2012
Games so far, so that new people won't get frustrated by having to read the ENTIRE FRIGGIN' THREAD:

League of Legends : Free Team based Action/RPG PVP game.
Iji : Free 2d RPG platformer, like Castlevania + System Shock 2.
Battleships Forever : Free 2d Tactical space RTS.
Terraria : 2d RPG-esc combat-oriented platformer Minecraft.
Skydrift : Flying kart style racer.
Orcs Must Die! : Third person fantasy shooter / tower defense.
Shadow of the Colossus : Fight monsters that are REALLY REALLY BIG, good artwork too.
Ico : Well made minimalist 3d platformer. Has puzzles and fighting.
Shin Megami Tensei : First person RPG dungeon crawler.
Journey : 3d platformer, with an extremely high emphasis on artwork and emotion.
Moonbreakers : Free spaceship combat First Person shooter.
Super Monday Night Combat : Free Third Person shooter, with multiplayer and strategy.
Freespace 2 : 3d Tactical space ship RTS.
Lone Survivor : 2d platformer horror.
Gemini Rue : Point and Click adventure with a more serious Sci-Fi tone.
Stacking : Russian puzzle game.
Fallout Online : Multiplayer PvP based Tactics game, similarly to Fallouts 1 + 2.
UnEpic : Comedic 2d RPG action adventure game, similar to a funny Castlevania
Alan Wake : Creative and Creepy action game
Magicka : Diablo-esc dungeon crawler that allows you to mix different kinds of magic for experimental results.
Shatter : Action Breakout game with great mechanics. Even has boss fights.
Psychonauts : 3d Platformer with extremely in-depth storytelling.
Stuntman Ignition : Well made driving game
Audiosurf : Choose an MP3 and ride the beat of the song.
Day Z mod for Arma : turns the game into a Third / First Person zombie survival horror game

I'll add more as they come along.

Z_the_slayer

May 26, 2012
Just got back after trying out UnEpic. Nice fun game, I like that the quests are really difficult to do. You only level up about once an hour, and it usually takes longer than that.

I got to a certain point where I realized that my life was constantly draining. Am I poisoned? No. Is my frost elemental pet hurting me with some negative aura thing to keep it from being overpowered (because it IS pretty OP). No, because I just sent it away.

Hmmm...

I thought maybe the game was bugged, until I checked my inventory. After dinking around in some sewers, apparently some leeches found their way into my inventory, making me lose life over time. Very creative game. Also, very funny. There's a reference to another game every 5 minutes. You have a spirit that is stuck inside of you that is really pissed off. You decide to call him Zeratul from Starcraft. Upon killing your first snake, he goes, "Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAKE!"